Topdjdel's and Mr Bo Jangles' Chaiya Phum thread

mrbojangles

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its good to be back, I forgot that this time of year was extremly hot up here-44 my car said yesterday-ouch

am impressed with new welcome bridge as you come into Chaiyaphum.

Did Macro and tescos yesterday,Im off need cooling down

del :o

One of the Hotels (can't for the life of me remember the name) has a bar outside and there is a huge place that plays live music (mainly Issan music). It's a bit noisy inside to talk but enjoyable or you can drink and talk outside. I'll have to ask the mrs later what the name is of the hotel and the big place.

Hi Mr Bo,I,m in Ubon now but just visited a friend in the Chiapum area and had a blast for a week,its so hard to find farang around but as soon as you break the circle and meet a couple of people you meet their friends and frieinds of theirs etc.I wish there were as many farang in my wifes town.Outside Chiapum is a place called non be deang (excuse spelling but it sounds like that),near the market opposite a school is a shop on the corner with some seats outside,this is farang corner(named by the Thais).Most afternoons farang drink outside there from a lot of different nations and they are a friendly bunch,most of the drinking goes on at their houses when people go visiting and parties happen out of the blue a couple of times a week.I got a lift back to Ubon from a Norwegean who had a house in Ubon with his wife but was thinking of building a new house in Chiapum because of there are so many farang?Regards MJ

You're right. The place is called Nong Bua Daeng and farang corner is the local watering hole. I made a post about it here also:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=148721

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

Just a quick word about the Sirichai Hotel......

The outside bar area also shows the live Premiership football at the weekends.

I've been to Chaiyaphum a few times and this is one of the few things there that helps keep me sane !

Also theres a restaurant inside which has girl singers based more on their looks than singing ability.....food mediocre.

Theres also Tawan Deng & Mongs Party House worth having a beer in.

There used to be a Danish Bar where all the expats went to.Great food and cheap beer but has been closed for a year or two now.

Chaiyaphum.....worth staying 3 nights,absolute maximum !!!

Chaiyaphum.....worth staying 3 nights,absolute maximum !!!

Just goes to show how everyone is different. I have lived here for 2 years and could not imagine wanting to live anywhere else!

Nidge

whydon't you try "chockchai" house in the town not far from Ratanasiri and the other hotel (forget name) it a pub disco or used to be.......and ask them if I can have my watch back(only joking) :D....also theres "dawan daeng"....where the students go,....theres lots of thai open air bars scattered around town "churiang" where their is a swimming pool has karaoke sometimes it mafia only but not bad,.....oh and by the way u have.nt seen me right :o...serious though happy songkran to old friends, joshua ,kasee ,yan willem,richard, ,gary por'n,ting and tong, waan,and all the other mates who might be reading,..and special memories to "Mr Chris"

Edited by dee123

Hi all,

I have booked our flights for the end of May, we are going to spend some time in BKK and then on Koh Chang first, we should be in Chaiyaphum in the 3rd week in June. Hopefully I can say hello and meet some of the friendly locals.

Cheers.

Stuart.

:o

Thanks for phoning Del. I didn't get your message because i went out for a ride the day before Songkran started and fell off into a flooded rice field. My phone was in my back pocket. oooops!

Catch you next time.

Nidge.

• 11 months later...

Should be in Chaiyaphum 27th April if all goes well.

If anyone who is living there(I know not many) but does the phone lines(landline)handle high speed internet and who are the servers etc etc routers etc

I am avery aware that it is Chaiyaphum afterall.

Del

• 1 month later...

I have to admit been very surprised here in Chaiyaphum,seen a good few farang which makes a change and the internet speed is far better than I thought.

Well it looks like Chaiyaphum is starting to catch up-not sure if I'd like it.

delboy

Far too much rain also.

Edited by topdjdel