Latest TM30 and health insurance issues at BKK and Jomtien Soi 5

38 minutes ago, sandyf said:

"The helpful lady IMO doing the paperwork told me that if I had a one year stamp (Visa retirement extension) and left Thailand again (UK visit for me 4/2020), I would not require a TM30 on my return if I was still at the same address !?"

I use Sri Ratcha, same province, and have been told the same thing at every extension for the last 5 years. The TM30 slip in my passport is from 2014.

I do not know about Jomtien, but I have seen the same IO for extensions over that period, asking the same question got the same answer.

The problem with Jomtien Immigration imo, you can get wrong info at the front desk. The girls working there are not always Immigration officers,but volunteers. I also have my several years old TM30 slip stapled in my passport, and usually take a copy of it when applying for my annual extensions.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

The problem with Jomtien Immigration imo, you can get wrong info at the front desk. The girls working there are not always Immigration officers,but volunteers. I also have my several years old TM30 slip stapled in my passport, and usually take a copy of it when applying for my annual extensions.

I only ever went to Jomtien once a long time ago, shortly after they moved from Soi 8. 

Sri Ratcha is quite a small office and there is no "desk", you get a ticket from the machine for the service you want and when the number comes up, go sit in front of the IO, which have been the same ones for years.

On 11/10/2019 at 1:30 PM, Thomas J said:
On 11/9/2019 at 7:16 PM, Max69xl said:

There's no need to do a TM30 report at all at Jomtien Immigration if staying at the last reported address. This includes coming back from abroad. 

Not according to Jomtien immigration.  We specifically asked when I returned from a trip.  They indicated that every time you leave your address and return you need to file a new TM30.  I just returned from the USA and at the time we were filing we asked the agent if it really was required each time.  The answer YES

The answer is NO, or SOMETIMES ...

I asked end of September when coming back from France, and they told me "No Need" ????

and I had never ever made a TM30 before. (I am on retirement extensions for years)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I only ever went to Jomtien once a long time ago, shortly after they moved from Soi 8. 

Sri Ratcha is quite a small office and there is no "desk", you get a ticket from the machine for the service you want and when the number comes up, go sit in front of the IO, which have been the same ones for years.

For some people visiting Jomtien Immigration,they want the people at the desk to check if they have correct documents etc etc. 

But sometimes they come up with requirements that changed 8 months ago. If you have done it before, you just ask for the number for let's say desk 8 and sit down in front of it and wait for your turn. 

30 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

The answer is NO, or SOMETIMES ...

I asked end of September when coming back from France, and they told me "No Need" ????

and I had never ever made a TM30 before. (I am on retirement extensions for years)

He asked an agent and he said Yes.

I see it the way you do, I haven't done a TM30 in years, and still have my old slip from my last reported address in my passport, and my annual extensions works fine.

I know for sure that some people who has been told to submit the TM30, they're not staying at the last reported address, and have no slip. 

I was at CW for my yearly extension of stay yesterday. I had previously done my TM 30 which they did ask for. They did not ask for proof of insurance. I had my bank letter from SCB the day before. That morning at 7am I withdrew 500bt and had the receipt to show the update balance. However the IO required me, and others, to go downstairs to the bank and get a bank book update. SCB does not have an update machine outside . It involved waiting in their queue and took an extra 25 minutes.

8 hours ago, scott60 said:

I was at CW for my yearly extension of stay yesterday. I had previously done my TM 30 which they did ask for. They did not ask for proof of insurance. I had my bank letter from SCB the day before. That morning at 7am I withdrew 500bt and had the receipt to show the update balance. However the IO required me, and others, to go downstairs to the bank and get a bank book update. SCB does not have an update machine outside . It involved waiting in their queue and took an extra 25 minutes.

Was the extension you applied for yesterday for an original Non Imm OA Visa or for a Non Imm O Visa? 

If it was Non Imm O > there is no requirement for health-insurance.

However, if it was a Non Imm OA, please confirm and provide additional details as we are looking for cases where Immigration approved an extension of stay for a Non Imm OA based on retirement without the OA holder having health-insurance.

Thanks!

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Thanks 1