sea is ok for swimming during december ?

kiever

On 11/13/2019 at 11:08 PM, Amanpuri Phuket said:

I live in Naithon Beach half the year and I’ve never once seen any pollution in the water at my beach. I’m either at Naithon, Banana Beach, Layan, Kamala, or at one of the private beaches in the area. Never seen polluted water.  Occasionally, there is some trash piled up at the edge of the beaches during high season but I’ve started a non profit where we go around and pick up the beach trash in our communities on the weekends. We’re making a significant dent in beach cleanliness.

The only beach water that I’ve ever seen polluted in Phuket is in Patong Beach. Patong Beach is not a nice beach, albeit it’s significantly better than other popular beach areas in Thaialand such at Pattaya and Hua Hin. Patong is a fun beach but it’s not nice by any means. And yes, it’s quite polluted. 

It’s funny how everyone correlates Phuket with Patong Beach though. Phuket is so much more than Patong but sadly 90% never explore the island much beyond that. With the cost of taxis here being more than Tokyo, Japan, it’s no surprise that people stay in once place when they come to Phuket.

That said, Phuket has some amazing pollution free beaches that people should explore ( Naithon Beach is easily the best beach on the island, I go surfing there when I can. Naithon is also one of the few beaches in Phuket that is Tsunami proof due to the shape of the beach. Naithon also has the best street food vendors in all of Thailand. Grab a box of shrimp fried rice for 70 baht and tell me I’m wrong, 8-10 big shrimp are included  ).

This, coming from someone that owns beachfront property in Maui, Hawaiian Islands as well. I would pick Phuket over Maui ( well maybe not but it’s very close, Phuket is definitely far more fun and entertaining than Maui, that’s for certain ). 

????Another missionary from TAT? 

On 11/14/2019 at 4:01 AM, stingertale said:

They're around. There have been numerous reports of box jellyfish stings on Koh Samui and neighbouring islands over the years. This year it appears the numbers are slightly down, though I'm reliably informed 3 people were stung at Chaweng on Tuesday including 1 where life-saving CPR was required and the victim - male French national - ended up in ICU, the outcome is unknown at this stage though can assume he's thankfully ok. And this recently:

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2019/10/31/box-jellyfish-stings-10yo-russian-boy-on-koh-samui/

They are also spotted in Phuket https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/218407-box-jellfish-alert-on-phuket-death-in-krabi/

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2019 at 3:14 PM, Felt 35 said:

The message is clear, don't swim in mangrove forests in the tropics anywhere.

The sandy west coast beaches are very unlikely to host these critters.

sea is ok for swimming during december ?

Picture taken from webcam on Karon Beach today, 1st December.

dec1.JPG

Archived