HEIC

jonwilly

Thank Buddha for a trained PC man.

A friend who was formally trained on PC's by the bank, where he worked, took a look at my problem and advised me to check Photos in settings.

I did this and found I could change to JPEG, problem solved.

I am a complete novice at Mac OS but I would have thought that there would have been some ace on this board.

john

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Help

Since my last upgrade on both my iPad and iPhone there is now no option in Settings-Photo to change from HEIC to JPEG.

I took a photo on my iPad and wanted to send in an email on my iMAC and no go as it's in HEIC.

Mac <deleted> are you doing ?

john

Apple products are so great for using formats that are not generally supported. That is the price to pay for using an apple product.

But there are programs that can convert it just look for a HEIC converter. 

I ran into this problem when i wanted to print the files at a photoshop. My Samsung phone was ok but the stuff from the Iphone could not be printed. I had to go home and convert it.

Pain in the ass but doable. 

There are converters online.

You can open the pictures in Preview. Press and hold the Option key.  Open the File menu and choose Save as....  Then you can change to JPG format and specify the quality of the new format.

• 4 weeks later...

"A friend who was formally trained on PC's by the bank, where he worked, took a look at my problem and advised me to check Photos in settings.

I did this and found I could change to JPEG, problem solved."

On Apples last IOS update, my iPhone is now producing JPEG however my iPad is still on HIEC and there is no option to change to JPEG in Settings/Photos.

Any ideas on how to change ?

john