Bloomberg faces big challenges if he leaps into 2020 White House race

rooster59

1 minute ago, RideJocky said:

You claimed: “From the time of Ronald Reagan onwards, we've been told by Republicans that cuts in taxes would pay for themselves with increased growth rates. It was a lie then, and it's a lie now.”

Clearly an opinion which you’re now doubling down on calling it “history” and “evidence”.

I claimed 2 things. One of which I provided evidence for. The other one I didn't. So here it is:

Image result for national debt usa

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/heres-how-the-us-got-to-20-trillion-in-debt-2017-03-30?ns=prod/accounts-mw

image.png.869c2f17bda4436ee9c05e71c344e34e.png

https://www.thebalance.com/us-deficit-by-year-3306306

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

I claimed 2 things. One of which I provided evidence for. The other one I didn't.

I claimed tax cuts stimulate the economy, you said they didn’t. 

To prove your position you stated your opinion, and pretended it was “history” and “evidence”. 

I challenged you for presenting an opinion as “history” and “evidence” so you post a graph of the debt. 

Is it your position that the debt increasing proves that tax cuts don’t stimulate the economy? 

I understand you have little to work with, but seriously? You should be able to come up with something better than that. Why not point at the number of homeless or the wealth gap or some other lefty talking point.

On 11/9/2019 at 8:59 PM, Tug said:

Oh yea you are soooo right the Obama disaster lol I rember what he started with and what he ended his term with he and his TEAM rescued our country from an economic disaster

Tug you are confusing correlation with causation.  Obama was in office when the economy went into freefall and it slowly climbed out of its abyss.  However his policies had the worst economic recovery in history.  If you go into a hospital and the doctor gives you completely wrong treatment but you survive.  Do you credit the doctor with your recovery? Look at the anemic GDP growth.  Only president in history to never have even a 3% GDP once and that was from a low point.  His policies had 1 out of 7 people in the USA on Food Stamps. 

170105184946-03-obama-economy-gdp-780x439.jpg.53fdc1a8eac808d20751396e823bc837.jpg

Annual GDP.JPG

U6.JPG

Food Stamps.JPG

Archived