Foreigner arrested after racially abusing locals in Chiang Mai

rooster59

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Some idiots does anything to be in the spotlight.

We seen that guy before, funny how he clamps up when a farang walks by with their Thai wife. It's a cultural thing I think, he can rant and rave at Thais and in 99% of the time, they will get mad, but will walk away. If he pulled that <deleted> with a farang and his wife, he'd end up getting his ass kicked. 

11 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

Apparently a mental case. No one comes to Thailand

if they hate gays and brown people. Must be an escapee from the Trump campaign.

reasonable as his behavior seems consistent with some of the anti trumpers

30 minutes ago, bubba said:

Yes, that appears to be the person. Scrolling through the comments from the Facebook video provided in the OP, someone posted a link to his Facebook page.

It is:

https://www.facebook.com/daniel.franckowiak.315

His posts reflect someone with a serious mental health issue. Reading through them, I see someone whose mental health could potentially risk the safety of himself and others.

75282296_2643930402333459_6147025969346510848_n.jpg

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Like the guy who just the other day opened the airplane door while taxiing for no reason other than what his wacky deluded brain of his told him to do so, there're so many deranged and unstable people walking among us just waiting for the right moment to explode...

just wanted a bit of fresh air like the Chinese guy

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Would point out the guy is under 50 and has Thai kids.

None of the 'Thai crackdowns' currently affect him in any way.

The mentally ill need sympathy, understanding and medical care ........ not vilification.

blame it on the States.  lots of mentally ill on the streets and the government does nothing to help them.  no therapy, no food/shelter. so some end up in countries where they can barely survive.  well enough to board a flight but seriously messed up to hold down a job or a family.  maybe Jesus can save them, lol

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

According to the Facebook user who shared the clip, the foreign man was completely unprovoked and began shouting racist insults and threatening, as well as spitting at passers by.

Finally got around to actually watching the video linked in the OP.

Didn't hear any racist insults at all, maybe someone could tell me what they were?

Most common racist insult I see/hear in Thailand is 'farang'.

I don't even know any racist insults specifically aimed at Thais.

"...and is due to appear in court in December."

<deleted>? I have been waiting over a year for a court case against someone, and still nothing. This guy is just a drunk. What happened to free speech? What law has he broken to deserve such swift treatment? 

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Would point out the guy is under 50 and has Thai kids.

None of the 'Thai crackdowns' currently affect him in any way.

The mentally ill need sympathy, understanding and medical care ........ not vilification.

My thoughts are in line with yours.  The guy goes to the same places and acts in a totally inappropriate manner by any cultural and social norm. 
The first thing that comes to my mind is the guy has psychiatric issues and needs help.  I've worked with mentally ill individuals as a volunteer in the past.  Yep, they can rattle off some pretty vile verbiage which is a symptom of their illness.  This guy needs to be transferred over to Suan Prung Psychiatric Hospital for evaluation. 

It will be sad if Thai media and social media use this as a springboard to foment anti-farang sentiment.  Two wrongs don't make a right.

4 minutes ago, CALSinCM said:

My thoughts are in line with yours.  The guy goes to the same places and acts in a totally inappropriate manner by any cultural and social norm. 
The first thing that comes to my mind is the guy has psychiatric issues and needs help.  I've worked with mentally ill individuals as a volunteer in the past.  Yep, they can rattle off some pretty vile verbiage which is a symptom of their illness.  This guy needs to be transferred over to Suan Prung Psychiatric Hospital for evaluation. 

From the video, where he appears to randomly swear for a few minutes then just as suddenly stop, I'd be thinking 'tourettes', he didn't even display aggression. Totally harmless.

That’s one thing you NEVER do anywhere in the world. To go to a foreign country and racially insult and abuse the locals. You’ll be in very deep serious trouble. 

If you can’t respect and make friends with the locals....STAY IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY!!!!

1 hour ago, The Cobra said:

I find it sad that so many are so quick to jump to conclusions and only judge by face value. You dont know "why" you are just focusing on "what" has happened.

There could be any number of reasons why a person might act/react in that way.

Clearly it is not normal behavior and I think the question should be as to what is behind/caused that behaviour and perhaps the guy is mentally distressed or disturbed and needs help.

Better to evaluate him correctly and the situation properly than just jumping to conclusions and condemning someone that may be in need of medication and support.

You just dont know, so stop jumping to conclusions without knowing all the facts.

needs therapy to find the source of his anger.  Thai's are probably not the fundamental problem.  he probably is not inherently a racists but could just be directing his anger in this way or perhaps he just feels alienated here and the Thai's just happen to be an outlet.  Thailand is not the best place for some.  it can be very challenging.

6 hours ago, Skallywag said:

This guy is likely on meth or crank or yaba or simply an ignorant redneck

Also think some who grow up listening to Rap music become unnecessarily violent and deluded.

My generation grew up on Rock and Roll, Motown, and Pop and are all well-adjusted.  (Y)

Of course!

7 hours ago, keith101 said:

why release him just black list him and stick him on the first available flight back to the US we don't need his type here .

He may be suffering from legitimate mental illness. Maybe evaluate him before the execution. 

15 minutes ago, Catoni said:

That’s one thing you NEVER do anywhere in the world. To go to a foreign country and racially insult and abuse the locals. You’ll be in very deep serious trouble. 

If you can’t respect and make friends with the locals....STAY IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY!!!!

You forgot "Always rush to judgement before having all the facts" 

23 minutes ago, CALSinCM said:

The first thing that comes to my mind is the guy has psychiatric issues and needs help

Sorry but the first thing comes to my mind is this guy has 2 young daughters

OMG at least save the child first and protect them removing the danger this guy is for them.

When he will be far from them, we can maybe see what we can do for him

31 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Finally got around to actually watching the video linked in the OP.

Didn't hear any racist insults at all, maybe someone could tell me what they were?

Most common racist insult I see/hear in Thailand is 'farang'.

I don't even know any racist insults specifically aimed at Thais.

Did you watch all 3 videos, I think its the second one where he calls a guy a “ g@@k” and then goes on to say his “skin is like the ass of a cow “

30 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

"...and is due to appear in court in December."

<deleted>? I have been waiting over a year for a court case against someone, and still nothing. This guy is just a drunk. What happened to free speech? What law has he broken to deserve such swift treatment? 

When did Thailand have free speech?

Want special treatment like this guy? do the same thing;)

Archived