Pattaya: American "brain dead", wife gives conflicting story about pregnancy/shooting

rooster59

The whole thing has been nothing but circus from start to finish.

Inaccurate reporting and statements by all involved from media to medics to police.

Escape details have 100 different versions, arrests have 100 different versions, shooting order has 100 different versions, her being pregnant, his shooting at police, not shooting at police, him shooting her, not shooting her and it just goes on.Even her age the other day was reported as 42, now its 30.

Either incompetence at unseen levels or god knows what would be the excuse for this whole circus.

It makes even less sense that she is defending he did not shoot her but shot himself and missed. Not only it can not help him, even if he wakes up, he will get maximum, but also does not help her as she could have used him shooting her as defense for being forced to escape.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I think they have been watching too many zombie movies. If the guy is brain dead, he is not going to be getting up and making further escape attempts is he?

those zombies are almost unstoppable............unless youre  Woody Harrelson

She claimed that she was hit by the bullet that her husband aimed at himself in an effort to end his own life. 

Was that a lucky shot or has this story not given his mental faculty the credit it deserved? Who of us could manage to shoot the wife when aiming at our own head? 

What a top quality nutter!

37 minutes ago, 503726 said:

She claimed that she was hit by the bullet that her husband aimed at himself in an effort to end his own life. 

Was that a lucky shot or has this story not given his mental faculty the credit it deserved? Who of us could manage to shoot the wife when aiming at our own head? 

What a top quality nutter!

On an other hand, since she has detailled this story, she can not use it anymore for

her defense arguing she was forced and trheatened, so we clearly don't have 2 future Nobel price here

13 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

I hardly doubt her family, if he has one, want (Or can) pay a fortune for a dead body

OP says his family was notified, and you know Thailand, they think all foreigners are loaded.

If not loaded, will raise money somehow. 

I have no doubts his family would want his body, so they will get paid some. that is family may have already been in touch and asked to keep him alive.

Can not rule out anything anymore with this case as it is a circus.

PS. May be he has/had private insurance

4 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

If i am not wrong, medical expenses occasioned by a suicide or a suicide attemp 

are not covered by any insurance, particulary if you are outlaw (Here during an attemp

to escape the police)

No idea, never tried to kill myself and make a claim????

10 hours ago, bluesofa said:

How very true.

I had a staff member suffer the same fate in Pattaya years ago. The hospital kept her on life support for a few days waiting for her parents to arrive from up-country.

The hospital charged the parents for the extra days naturally.

Interesting, did the relatives request this or did the hospital make their own decision?

20 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I think they have been watching too many zombie movies. If the guy is brain dead, he is not going to be getting up and making further escape attempts is he?

Maybe.  I mean wasn't he brain dead before it all anyway?

15 hours ago, shy coconut said:
On 11/9/2019 at 1:16 PM, bluesofa said:

How very true.

I had a staff member suffer the same fate in Pattaya years ago. The hospital kept her on life support for a few days waiting for her parents to arrive from up-country.

The hospital charged the parents for the extra days naturally.

Interesting, did the relatives request this or did the hospital make their own decision?

Not certain, as it about twenty years ago.

Our staff member told the hospital staff the relatives were on their way and it might be two days before they arrived. IIRC it was the hospital who kept the life support on, it wasn't discussed with our staff.

20 hours ago, bannork said:

Manure- there are plenty of good Thai doctors, dentists, teachers. Same for carpenters, mechanics and builders.

and for those TV members that have never lived anywhere except the usual Farang hot spots I will confirm that there are also many Thai people who are much more pleasant to engage with

than Farangs living here, on a day to day basis.   

Of course I do enjoy being entertained by cynical and disenchanted people from time to time and thankfully Thaivisa  serves very well in that respect.   All I have to do to get my daily dose of

scorn is to praise some aspect of living here.   Love it

Archived