Renter leaves landlady with a trash filled condo - and a parting message!

rooster59

Renter leaves landlady with a trash filled condo - and a parting message!

rubbish.JPG

Image: Daily News

A landlady went online to say that she got the shock of her life when she went to a condo that she had rented out.

The renter had left not just a mountain of trash of all descriptions but a message on the mirror of the dressing table.

It said in Thai: "Gep gan eng na - an nee goo yok hai...Bye Bye".

"Please tidy up for me - I'm leaving this for you..." 

The landlady said the person who rented her property in Phrapradaeng was not human.

Daily News Online said the post was getting a lot of social media interest. Netizens wondered how people could live like that and had sympathy for whoever would have to clear up the mess, they said. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-09

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a post for all those considering buying overpriced condos with bank loan then renting them out to pay off monthly installments... Which financially doesn't work out anyway, but when you add damage to the property on top it's worse than keeping it empty.

The latest pics coming from condo trashers is why they charge 2 months rent as deposit. Who knows how much damage they made to furniture etc. Tenants are often portrayed as angels who all leave the condo cleaner than when they got it and all landlords are lying scum. That's clearly not always the case

15 minutes ago, madmen said:

The latest pics coming from condo trashers is why they charge 2 months rent as deposit. Who knows how much damage they made to furniture etc. Tenants are often portrayed as angels who all leave the condo cleaner than when they got it and all landlords are lying scum. That's clearly not always the case

Was always the case for me. Rented 2 houses in Thailand (both Thai landlords). Filthy when I moved in. Did various repairs (at my expense) and left both places spotless. Both tried to renage on returning my deposit.

First one was the best, I'd installed extra sockets in the kitchen, sealed the walls, drain inspecton hatch and ceiling to prevent ingress from various unwelcome visitors. New toilet seat etc. She told me that I'd made "modifications" which she'd have to put right, so was withholding my deposit. I offered to remove the sealant from the walls ceiling and drain, refit the broken toilet seat and remove the sockets and make good. Returned my deposit.

8 minutes ago, steven100 said:

so why didn't the landlord inspect the room before giving back any deposit ?

even if the landlord and the tenant didn't get on, it's no reason to leave a place like that.

I would have done the same if they'd refused to return my deposit for no reason (the norm with Thai landlords).

31 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

This is a post for all those considering buying overpriced condos with bank loan then renting them out to pay off monthly installments... Which financially doesn't work out anyway, but when you add damage to the property on top it's worse than keeping it empty.

yep.  I wouldn't touch such a thing for any reason.  If you want money from real estate, avoid the people and just invest in any of the Real Estate Investment Trusts that are out there, NLY, AGNC, TWO, etc.  Pay good dividends.  I own quite a bit of NLY

34 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

This is also a post for all those considering renting a condo from a Thai landlord and paying 2 months deposit. Don't expect getting any of your deposit back.

23 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

Another alien that Immigration has let in.

From Sting, slightly modified.

Oh, I'm an alien, I'm a legal alien
I'm an Englishman in Bangkok
Oh, I'm an alien, I'm a legal alien
I'm an Englishman in Bangkok

9 minutes ago, steven100 said:

what's the whole story  ?  there's more to this that's not been told …  

Read my post, I've fully explained why my first landlord tried to withhold my deposit. No more to the story. Second story similar, but Thai landlord with farang husband. I dealt exclusively with the farang when initially enquiring about the property and negotiating the rent. We became friends and even went drinking together. When it came time for me to move out, claimed it was his wife's house and nothing to do with him. Wife got nasty and refused to return my deposit (2 months and not an inconsiderable sum).

Went round to his house and told him that I would fill him in if my deposit wasn't returned (a threat that he knew I would carry out). Deposit returned.

The farang went toes up a few months later. Karma.

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

Yeah a mess.  But we don't get the whole story.  Maybe the landlord did not do things right, maybe did not provide the services or utilities or whatever was in the lease, maybe the landlord said was going to keep the deposit no matter what the renter did, etc.

The rubbish did not happen in one week. Appears to be from a longtime slob

Yeah a mess.  But we don't get the whole story.  Maybe the landlord did not do things right, maybe did not provide the services or utilities or whatever was in the lease, maybe the landlord said was going to keep the deposit no matter what the renter did, etc.

Maybe we shouldn't speculate on what happened and why!

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

even if the landlord and the tenant didn't get on, it's no reason to leave a place like that.

Because she kept the deposit ....... which is why he left it like that.

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Because she kept the deposit ....... which is why he left it like that.

ok … I hear ya …. so why did she keep the deposit ?  what was her reason ? 

until we know the facts it's difficult to make judgement. correct  ?

yep.  I wouldn't touch such a thing for any reason.  If you want money from real estate, avoid the people and just invest in any of the Real Estate Investment Trusts that are out there, NLY, AGNC, TWO, etc.  Pay good dividends.  I own quite a bit of NLY

In an over inflated, over capacity, debt ridden, corrupted Thai property market, not on your life. I would rather have my bricks and mortar house to live in, mortgage and rent free, than risk my money in any Thai run property investment fund. 

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

My understanding is that some, not all, don't give it back.  They find ways to keep it. 

My landlady in Bangkok praised me for leaving a spotless apartment.  She only charged me half the usual cleaning fee upon leaving.  I asked her: "what needs to be cleaned?".  Her answer:  "I will find something I am sure".  It was only B400, so I didn't argue too much, but had fun taking to task.  

The only thing that bothers me are Thai landlords padding your power bill.  Thais try to come up with some ingenious excuses why this is crucial, but I tell them that I have rented apartments in Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Vietnam, Singapore, Cambodia and Malaysia.   None of them pad the power bill.  It is just low class, pettiness, not practiced in neighboring countries.  It should be illegal, and the junta tried to stop it, but, I could be wrong, they were not successful.   When we rented condos or houses in Thailand, that practice was less  prevalent, as the landlords were just trying to pay off the place until it went up in value significantly. 

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

I would have done the same if they'd refused to return my deposit for no reason (the norm with Thai landlords).

Wonder if that is the superior intellect talking, or if it´s just plain thug mentality? A thinking person would try to solve the problem a much smarter way.

Archived