Renter leaves landlady with a trash filled condo - and a parting message!

rooster59

The problem with deposits in Thailand, or in any country, is that you will only find out that they have no intention of returning your money after you have vacated. Also, there's nothing thuggish about leaving the place full of trash, in fact it's quite a harmless way to aggravate someone who has possibly been aggravating you (whilst taking your money) for many years. Sorry I just saw you were using thuggish to refer to smashing someone's face in not leaving the place in a tip. I retract my comment.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Wonder if that is the superior intellect talking, or if it´s just plain thug mentality? A thinking person would try to solve the problem a much smarter way.

I wasn't dealing with a Thai. Horses for courses. He was a fellow Brit. They only know one language. Are you new to TV? 555

2 hours ago, madmen said:

The latest pics coming from condo trashers is why they charge 2 months rent as deposit. Who knows how much damage they made to furniture etc. Tenants are often portrayed as angels who all leave the condo cleaner than when they got it and all landlords are lying scum. That's clearly not always the case

Maybe, in this case, it is a combination of the two.......

17 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I wasn't dealing with a Thai. Horses for courses. He was a fellow Brit. They only know one language. Are you new to TV? 555

So, that means that your capabilities are limited to one country and it´s citizens. :cheesy:

5 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

So, that means that your capabilities are limited to one country and it´s citizens. :cheesy:

Don't you understand what "horses for courses" means?

My first landlord was Thai. I dealt with her in a completely different way. Same problem, same result, my deposit was returned in full.

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

so why didn't the landlord inspect the room before giving back any deposit ?

even if the landlord and the tenant didn't get on, it's no reason to leave a place like that.

what ever gave you the idea that the land lady gave back deposit ?

on contrary its standard practice in thailand to steal the deposit,

and i suspect the tenant wanted to even the scale a bit

2 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

what ever gave you the idea that the land lady gave back deposit ?

on contrary its standard practice in thailand to steal the deposit,

and i suspect the tenant wanted to even the scale a bit

fine …..  but please explain in simple terms why she refused to give the deposit back …. then one has more facts to make judgement on … not just this happens, that happens, bla bla bla.

Oh <deleted>. I'm new to all this and just recently started leasing a condo in Pattaya. Only for 6 months and already paid two months deposit. 

The landlord is Thai. Sounds like I should be prepared to lose it all for no reason? My GF who is also on the lease and is Thai paid the deposit on my behalf. Does that make any difference or are they indiscrimate with who they steal from?

2 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Oh <deleted>. I'm new to all this and just recently started leasing a condo in Pattaya. Only for 6 months and already paid two months deposit. 

The landlord is Thai. Sounds like I should be prepared to lose it all for no reason? My GF who is also on the lease and is Thai paid the deposit on my behalf. Does that make any difference or are they indiscrimate with who they steal from?

Their theivery knows no boundaries. In both cases that I quoted my Thai GF/wife, initially tried to resolve the problem but got nowhere. Thais don't like confrontation and usually say, "Mai bpen rai" and shrug their shoulders. In steps the big bad farang who doesn't aknowledge "Thai face" and insists on his money back.

Mai bpen rai my backside. Bpen mak mak.

4 minutes ago, Hawky said:

well according to some TV farang the landlord automatically steals it from you. …  lol 

funny, I was in the same condo for 10+ years and the landlord didn't even steal my milk money, got my full deposit back without hesitation. 

20 minutes ago, steven100 said:

well according to some TV farang the landlord automatically steals it from you. …  lol 

funny, I was in the same condo for 10+ years and the landlord didn't even steal my milk money, got my full deposit back without hesitation. 

Nobody is saying this happens 100% of the time.

52 minutes ago, Morty T said:

Probably why in Maerim, landlords actively search for farang tenants and avoid Thais like the clap.

I know many Thai people who will not rent to Thai's they know they can charge Farang more to start with,

A Thai guy I know who rents bikes and cars, No Thai's

27 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I know many Thai people who will not rent to Thai's they know they can charge Farang more to start with,

A Thai guy I know who rents bikes and cars, No Thai's

Is renting to a Thai the same as lending to a Thai, i.e. if you get it back then it's a bonus?

1 hour ago, Hawky said:

never send your gf when its time to get the deposit back,

insist that its paid back when you are face to face, and with the owner, not any kind of secretary.

dont accept any other trickery,

and for practical purposes, use real shoes when you go to claim back deposit,

preferably those with steel reinforced toe

2 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Don't you understand what "horses for courses" means?

My first landlord was Thai. I dealt with her in a completely different way. Same problem, same result, my deposit was returned in full.

You are my hero. Never had the pleasure to chat with someone that own such a superior intellect. You´ve made my day, Sir Carlton

More Negative "False Flag" media, to push the "Bad Falang/Expat" agenda narrative.

Seems to be a lot of this popping up lately, all to show the bad side of foreigners.

THIS IS JUST MY SPECULATION:

Also could be this story fails to mention that the Landlord refused to file the TM30's,

which the Renter refused to pay fines for, thus being forced out of Thailand.

4 minutes ago, WhatupThailand said:

More Negative "False Flag" media, to push the "Bad Falang/Expat" agenda narrative.

Seems to be a lot of this popping up lately, all to show the bad side of foreigners.

THIS IS JUST MY SPECULATION:

Also could be this story fails to mention that the Landlord refused to file the TM30's,

which the Renter refused to pay fines for, thus being forced out of Thailand.

Nice segue into TM30s. Unfortunately the tenant was Thai.

7 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Tenants are so nice in Thailand......!

nothing to do with being thai or in thailand; back home a friend of mine rented her apartment, the tenants not only trashed the place but also stole almost everything movable in the place. - they weren't thai!

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Because she kept the deposit ....... which is why he left it like that.

Back in 1997 when I was renting my landlady kept the deposit and we left the place cleaner and tidier than when we started. That was due to my military training when I marched out and in to married quarters.

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

so why didn't the landlord inspect the room before giving back any deposit ?

even if the landlord and the tenant didn't get on, it's no reason to leave a place like that.

That is how some people live

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Because she kept the deposit ....... which is why he left it like that.

Not really sure how it works in LoS, but would not the tenant have already moved out before they assess whether the deposit is to be returned?

6 hours ago, Mick501 said:

Not really sure how it works in LoS, but would not the tenant have already moved out before they assess whether the deposit is to be returned?

yes, they like to make them self inaccessible.

i have found the best counter is to keep the key until you meet the owner for return of deposit

13 hours ago, Hawky said:

It does happen that some landlords do not return the deposit but not all the time, I've had two deposits returned in the past ten years and have never lost a single one. The way around this issue is to specify the circumstances under which the deposit may not be returned or deductions made from it. Another alternative is to have a third party such as an agent hold the deposit. At a minimum, ensure you take high definition pictures of everything in every room, the whole nine yards, it is often useful evidence later.

Archived