Help required. Moving a 125cc from CM to Roi Et

StewB1

I have had no experience in moving items in Thailand and am looking to secure an easy, safe, reliable and affordable mode of transporting a small scooter from Chiang Mai to Roi Et in the following week.

From individuals with experience:

I would sincerely appreciate advice, suggestions possibly things to avoid and recommendations of a reliable mover that could perform this move.

So far I have been recommended one mover Nim see seng but so far have been unable to contact them. Maybe closed for the weekend?

Also had one other suggestion to use the train but questioned how secure that may be as I would not be going with ?

Using the railway is a circuitous route from Chiang Mai to Roi Et, which isn't even close to the line from Korat to Nong Khai. 

The bike would fit in the back of a pickup. Finding a trustworthy person to go from CM to RE will be hard. As others have said if Thailand Post will deal with it, use them. 

The Post office is way ahead in this---wing mirrors removed, photos taken in case of claim. You can place bubble wrap around the tank if you wish --or they will if you ask -have moved a few bikes (mainly BKK-Issan) always been happy with the out come.

11 minutes ago, StewB1 said:

Thanks everyone for your input. Much appreciated!

Never occurred to me to use the use Post Office.

I will check with Post Office tomorrow.

Is there a preferred office for this service in CM?

Kam Tieng Post office 

1 hour ago, StewB1 said:

Is there a preferred office for this service in CM?

With few exceptions all (full service) post offices should do.

And the motorbike can be sent to a post office of your choice for pickup (not to home address).

Archived