Let's make Pattaya a green and pleasant paradise for tourists: clean-up underway

rooster59

Let's make Pattaya a green and pleasant paradise for tourists: clean-up underway

75210116_2495503054054484_6199220048310042624_o.jpg

Caption: City Hall cleaning up and spraying - Immediate 2,000 baht fine for littering

Stung by criticism earlier in the week that Pattaya is a rubbish infested dump the mayor has demanded immediate action. 

Municipal cleaners were sent out to various areas by the mayor Sontaya Khunpluem, reported "We Love Pattaya". The clean-up was mounted all week. 

The aim was to make Pattaya "green" and restore its image as a tourist paradise. 

Efforts were being concentrated on Soi Jomtien 5 and the Bali Hai port area ahead of a sports event. 

The public were asked to help out by keeping the place tidy and reporting violators on City Hall's 24 hour 1337 hotline.

Immediate fines of 2,000 baht are promised for anyone who doesn't toe the line in keeping Pattaya clean.

Source: We Love Pattaya

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-09

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Immediate fines of 2,000 baht are promised for anyone who doesn't toe the line in keeping Pattaya clean.

and the ultimate responsibility is in fact "City Hall"

are they going to fine themselves if Pattaya remains as a massive dirty dump

April Fool's!

The problem with Pattaya Jomtien is that there are 200k poor, uneducated Thai who are from everywhere but Pattaya. They don't own condos, homes, pretty much the clothes on their backs. Add to this the precarious and dangerous work they are engaged in and the fact they are young and carefree. The motodops are already on the run from family and police.

Not much incentive to care about YOUR beautiful day.

Last month while I was in Bangkok, I was talking to a very young hotel maid on a temporary work assignment  from Cambodia, with good English. I asked her if she’d been anywhere else in Thailand, and she replied “Yes, Pattaya. It was SO beautiful!” She said this with eyes shining, and without a hint of sarcasm in her voice. I couldn’t think of anything to say in reply.

9 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

Last month while I was in Bangkok, I was talking to a very young hotel maid on a temporary work assignment  from Cambodia, with good English. I asked her if she’d been anywhere else in Thailand, and she replied “Yes, Pattaya. It was SO beautiful!” She said this with eyes shining, and without a hint of sarcasm in her voice. I couldn’t think of anything to say in reply.

Big modern buildings. A beach. She'd most likely never seen the sea. It's appealing to Indians and Russians for similar reasons.

Cambodia has plastics and trash everywhere as well. Normal.

27 minutes ago, potless said:

So Pattaya made her feel at home. Heartwarming.

Not at home but perhaps WOW.

Many Thai not seen the ocean as well. I lived in Pattaya on and off from 00 to 08. Many girls got trapped in the bar scene because their lives back in the moo ban banal and stultifying. Some families struggle with electricity. Males given to wasting the family resources on lao khao.

How you gonna keep em down on the farm after they've seen Par'ee?

8 or 10 or 12 years ago there was a 'Pattaya Progress Association' - bunch of falangs with nothing better to do, just liked to interfere;  - drew up a list of things to make Pattaya a 'more welcoming place'

But couldn't find any 'powers' who cared one iota.

Riding home from central Pattaya only the other day, I witnessed how the locals were restraining themselves from dumping rubbish on Pattaya Beach. On the way home this family in the back of the pickup had stopped, and the days collection of rubbish was being dumped by the side of the Railway Line bypass. Not that it made things look any worse. 

14 hours ago, Youlike said:

75210116_2495503054054484_6199220048310042624_o.jpg

Nice sidewalks on both sides! Left is a huge advertising and right is full of weed. Thai will never learn how it's done.

You might call them weeds sir, but perhaps they form part of the Green and Pleasant.  ????

17 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Stung by criticism earlier in the week that Pattaya is a rubbish infested dump the mayor has demanded immediate action. 

Well the rats appear to like it, take a walk down Pattaya beach road early morning and you will appreciate what I mean, there must be hundreds of them scurrying about and they are not afraid of humans although the cats appear to be frightened of the rats....LOL

14 hours ago, Number 6 said:

April Fool's!

The problem with Pattaya Jomtien is that there are 200k poor, uneducated Thai who are from everywhere but Pattaya. They don't own condos, homes, pretty much the clothes on their backs. Add to this the precarious and dangerous work they are engaged in and the fact they are young and carefree. The motodops are already on the run from family and police.

Not much incentive to care about YOUR beautiful day.

I don't disagree, but the problems with Pattaya are and always have been its pxxx poor management, its lack of urban or population planning and its rampant corruption and scamming. All have contributed. It could and should have been a 'paradise'.  It had all the advantages and they were wasted by corruption, stupidity and mismanagement on a grand scale. 

Archived