Let's make Pattaya a green and pleasant paradise for tourists: clean-up underway

rooster59

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For exercise, I do a lot of walking in Pattaya and try not to drive in this congested city full of tour buses and crazy motorbike drivers. No matter what decaying or blocked “sidewalk” you walk on, you’ll notice construction debris and litter piling up in the same places for years- not weeks or months. No one seems to care about how the city looks. I think this lack of community pride deals with most of the Thais living or working temporarily in the city. They’re in Pattaya only to get a paycheck and leave. I find other cities in Thailand better maintained because the locals live there and there seems to be pride in taking care of their community. litter & construction debris is not laying around in other small towns or cities. 

I feel the city officials in Pattaya never walk around- only drive around in their SUV’s out of touch with the appearance of the place. 

17 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Stung by criticism earlier in the week that Pattaya is a rubbish infested dump the mayor has demanded immediate action. 

What? He never saw this before? Didn't realize it?

The mayor needs to get out and about, open his freaking eyes, become a little bit proactive.

His city! Glad that he got stung.

When I first started coming to Thailand, Patong, every morning there were water tankers out washing the streets and a machine on the beach filtering/cleaning the sand, everywhere was pristine. Don't think it goes on now, can't see it happening in Pattaya. 

17 hours ago, J Town said:

WHEN was it ever a "tourist paradise?"

Sure. During the Vietnam war, but only for US troops enjoying a bit of R&R. Hopefully, Pattaya's "comfort" girls were less hazardous health-wise than the Vietnamese variety.

16 hours ago, Number 6 said:

April Fool's!

The problem with Pattaya Jomtien is that there are 200k poor, uneducated Thai who are from everywhere but Pattaya. They don't own condos, homes, pretty much the clothes on their backs. Add to this the precarious and dangerous work they are engaged in and the fact they are young and carefree. The motodops are already on the run from family and police.

Not much incentive to care about YOUR beautiful day.

You may be right, but doesn't the same apply to quite a few expatriates, who wonder around in Pattaya. I have very rarely seen a concentration of awful looking and behaving expatriates as in Pattaya. I am not a Russian, but the only decent looking expatriates in Pattaya are the Russians. At least they dress properly and behave likewise.

2 hours ago, mariosolari said:

A tourist paradise with hundreds of highly polluting buses that run the streets all day. And the beach turned into a port for speedboats that pollute the air with petrol fumes.

Don't forget the very noisy and dangerous jetski's.....and their scams of course.

17 hours ago, Youlike said:

75210116_2495503054054484_6199220048310042624_o.jpg

Nice sidewalks on both sides! Left is a huge advertising and right is full of weed. Thai will never learn how it's done.

Dear me do you come from Switzerland or Singapore?

I quite enjoy a little bit of disorder, part of the remaining charm , I guess!!

YEP, this one brought a smile to my face.  Which 'tourist' is gonna appreciate this GREEN?  I am not world travelled but I am world wearry. Forty million Chinese don't give a <deleted>, 20 million Indians wouldn't notice, the other 3% of tourist would be expected to do the cleaning. I personally smell countryside.

3 hours ago, mariosolari said:

A tourist paradise with hundreds of highly polluting buses that run the streets all day. And the beach turned into a port for speedboats that pollute the air with petrol fumes.

Ahhhhh! The smell of profit!

How About the 'OUTER EDGES' of Pattaya where they dump trash at the side of the roads daily?????? There are modern devices, I do believe where they (police) can set up wireless video surveilance cameras and catch and fine 'Most' of the dumpers........

Where I live on the 'darkside' (East side) of Pattaya Rural Area....... we have a few of those 'dump sites'.....

I think 'remote surveillance is a new modern device the pattaya RTP can use if they really want to 'POLICE' this trash dumping...... I think it is mostly Thai businesses that dump by the truckload to avoid paying for the disposal........ THE POLICE can do more if they really WANT to............... (the bottom Line.... They really don't care enough).........

1 hour ago, abrahamzvi said:

You may be right, but doesn't the same apply to quite a few expatriates, who wonder around in Pattaya. I have very rarely seen a concentration of awful looking and behaving expatriates as in Pattaya. I am not a Russian, but the only decent looking expatriates in Pattaya are the Russians. At least they dress properly and behave likewise.

The INDIANS sure don't sho signe of QUALITY......

Archived