BANGKOK
rooster59

Let's make Pattaya a green and pleasant paradise for tourists: clean-up underway

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

Sure. During the Vietnam war, but only for US troops enjoying a bit of R&R. Hopefully, Pattaya's "comfort" girls were less hazardous health-wise than the Vietnamese variety.

YES................ Pattaya has been a paradice..... UNTIL...... about the time of the 'Military GOV"T taking over about 5 years ago................ (I have 'personally'  seen it for the past 40 years).....

It used to be 'Paradise' ..... (Or maybe even HEAVEN) until recent years of Military (Prayut) control.............

19 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

Nearly the whole of the country falls under that description.

Luckily not our moo baan 😄

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Can’t seem to do anything consistent-no will to have quality, consistency, upkeep, maintenance-just too lazy, which is always acceptable in Thailand in order to keep the bar low-and people want praise when they do their jobs they are paid for 🙄 and they want quality tourists, and they want them to respect the country that they don’t-I hope the young people can change this, but I’m not too optimistic 

Edited by Redline

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Stung by criticism earlier in the week that Pattaya is a rubbish infested dump the mayor has demanded immediate action. 

My observation is that Pattaya is far worse than Bangkok.  You see abandoned pieces of cars, bulling materials, along with the typical home and business garbage littered across the streets.  If you go to Singapore the streets are literally so clean you could eat off from them.  Whats the difference?  Singapore has extremely strict rules regarding numerous things including littering and THEY ENFORCE THEM. As a result the population does the responsible thing and takes care of its garbage properly.  So long as the population of any region does not fear punishment from improper behavior, it does the EASY thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How do you think you can clean a garbage dump?
And make a paradise ...
Put garbage cans in different parts of the city so that people (tourists and residents) can show you that education exists!
Threatening with exorbitant fines has never been served!

10 minutes ago, 0815 said:

Luckily not our moo baan 😄

Why? Do you do the cleaning? 😂

Here the greatest sinners are the inhabitants of the temple!

21 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Stung by criticism earlier in the week that Pattaya is a rubbish infested dump the mayor has demanded immediate action. 

Municipal cleaners were sent out to various areas by the mayor Sontaya Khunpluem, reported "We Love Pattaya". The clean-up was mounted all week. 

Nice the Mayor got a one weeks work out of his "Municipal cleaners"

He just has to get them to work the other 51 weeks a year.  Baby steps

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Immediate fines of 2,000 baht are promised for anyone who doesn't toe the line in keeping Pattaya clean.

Who, there's billions to be made  every day to fine All the offenders just In Pattaya.  

It's not a dump.  It's a 3/10 as an attractive tourist destination.  It could be a cool destination.  Step one - bring in a team of world renowned hospitality master planners, landscape and sustainability consultants and re-imagine the city.  Get EEC to foot the bill. 

And as a start, do something about all the city's signage clutter by putting together a series of signage bylaws, a signage review committee and a super high tax on street signage.

2 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Let's make Pattaya a green and pleasant paradise for tourists

Right up there with "Let's make America great again" - and even less likely to happen.

Your pathetic attempt at bringing America into a topic totally unrelated is a failure. Try again.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Here's an idea, City Hall. Let's clean Pattaya on a regular basis and not just when people complain or there is a special event going on.  

The aim was to make Pattaya "green".

you can get that green already. 

Numerous places and several types. 

19 hours ago, Number 6 said:

April Fool's!

The problem with Pattaya Jomtien is that there are 200k poor, uneducated Thai who are from everywhere but Pattaya. They don't own condos, homes, pretty much the clothes on their backs. Add to this the precarious and dangerous work they are engaged in and the fact they are young and carefree. The motodops are already on the run from family and police.

Not much incentive to care about YOUR beautiful day.

I sat on the edge of the beach at the bottom of soi 5 Jomtien after the immigration visit. 

Several thai looking ladies having a mid morning graze, and just threw all the containers and wrapping on the sand along side of me.

I gave them the evil eye a few times and shook my head. 

Got up, put it all in the biggest plastic bag and handed it to one of them. 

Saying, "see its not that hard to do, is it?".

Now all you have to do is put it in the bin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, abrahamzvi said:

You may be right, but doesn't the same apply to quite a few expatriates, who wonder around in Pattaya. I have very rarely seen a concentration of awful looking and behaving expatriates as in Pattaya. I am not a Russian, but the only decent looking expatriates in Pattaya are the Russians. At least they dress properly and behave likewise.

Are you for real, have you ever seen Russians in a all you can eat buffet !! and walking into a 7-11 wearing only speedos picking up food and eating it before going to a checkout.