BANGKOK
rooster59

Let's make Pattaya a green and pleasant paradise for tourists: clean-up underway

1 hour ago, sawadeeken said:

YES................ Pattaya has been a paradice..... UNTIL...... about the time of the 'Military GOV"T taking over about 5 years ago................ (I have 'personally'  seen it for the past 40 years).....

It used to be 'Paradise' ..... (Or maybe even HEAVEN) until recent years of Military (Prayut) control.............

I must have missed something. Have been living here for more than 20 years. What the military government did was to extend the bar opening times here in Pattaya. Also endless new bars opened. So what did they do to remove the paradise? From my perspective - I lost my paradise. My before quiet condo is now surrounded by many noisy bars and this with extended opening times. But what paradise did you lose? 

21 hours ago, J Town said:

WHEN was it ever a "tourist paradise?"

Defo is Joke of the month ... Paradise 55555

In order to make Pattaya a Green and Pleasant Tourist destination, City Hall will have to import Truckloads of "Green " as there aint a lot growing naturally, and as for the " Pleasant " part, I dont know where they will get enough of that from.

23 hours ago, Creasy said:

Ok

"The public were asked to help out by keeping the place tidy".  What???? Without work permits? If there

is one thing I hate, it is people who break the law :cheesy:

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Ah, so it is a one-off. 

24 hour crackdown.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ancharee said:

Are you for real, have you ever seen Russians in a all you can eat buffet !! and walking into a 7-11 wearing only speedos picking up food and eating it before going to a checkout.

"have you ever seen Russians in a all you can eat buffet !!". Are you not getting the Russians mixed

up with the Chinese?

5 hours ago, gwynt said:

When I first started coming to Thailand, Patong, every morning there were water tankers out washing the streets and a machine on the beach filtering/cleaning the sand, everywhere was pristine. Don't think it goes on now, can't see it happening in Pattaya. 

Exactly the same with Koh Samui - Chaweng beach. 20 years ago, the hotel staff were out sweeping their portion of the beach. it too was a pristine areas - about 3 Kms of it and it was an empty paradise, hardly anyone on the beach - let alone a foreigner.

Then, stupid people like me went home and told everyone about this fantastic place. " go there", we said......and they did.

Within 4 years it was all gone and the trash on the beach, hypodermic needles, plastic, fishing jetsam started to build up[ with the explosion of the Full moon party revellers,  and worst of all, the stinking dogs. I used to run that beach early morning, 6am. Wonderful - but then the dogs in twos and threes arrived, (sometimes with their owners) and I was attacked twice. Within three more years., I stopped going. The place was noisy, filthy and overpriced and with construction erupting everywhere - prices through the roof and a bad attitude.

I now live in CM and have done for the past 15 years. Never to return to that once pristine, heavenly paradise lost! I guess Pattaya and Patong must be the same. Very sad.

• Like 1

No green about it, not going to happen, every open area gets built on, Na Jomtien strip could have been a park but that will never happen. 

Sorry to say but Pattaya and most other cities in Thailand will always be a dirty grey <deleted> hole decorated with ugly poles and wires everywhere.

• Like 1

How about the government spending money on rubbish trucks and street sweepers, instead of submarines and attack helicopters?......Go to war on trash, because you muppets aren't going to any other wars!!!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, J Town said:

WHEN was it ever a "tourist paradise?"

Back in the 70s was pretty good

21 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

Last month while I was in Bangkok, I was talking to a very young hotel maid on a temporary work assignment  from Cambodia, with good English. I asked her if she’d been anywhere else in Thailand, and she replied “Yes, Pattaya. It was SO beautiful!” She said this with eyes shining, and without a hint of sarcasm in her voice. I couldn’t think of anything to say in reply.

Compared to what, the killing fields of Cambodia? Yes, it is 😆

On 11/9/2019 at 4:51 PM, rooster59 said:

The aim was to make Pattaya "green" and restore its image as a tourist paradise. 

The image has slipped along with the crown !

Close the bars on walking street , send all the bar girls home , arrest all the prostitutes and ladyboys ? Can anybody remember when Pattaya was a green paradise for family holidays ? Take away the sexual aspect and it would lose all its appeal and customers . 

If the are really serious to make like clean place to see and walk, Why do they not remove or hide the wires or the obstacle course walking the streets or the pumping station in front of Walking street that pumping out live poo so parasites eat in the water. You see no one swimming? Why? Go for a swim and find out why they like your skin...Food