Fake Thai ID or driving licences for a few thousand baht - Thai arrested

rooster59

Fake Thai ID or driving licences for a few thousand baht - Thai arrested

1573202048689-960x0.jpg

Image: TNA

A special 191 task force announced the arrest of a serial forger called Thongchai Apiyangkoon, aged 28.

Thongchai was offering to make customers fake Thai ID cards for 5,000 baht, fake Thai drivers' licences for 4,000 and bogus migrant cards for 3,000 baht. 

The cops pounced at his room in Ramkhamhaeng in Bangkok after investigating the "Ku Do Kung" site on Facebook. 

They found a mountain of evidence - nearly 1,000 items in all - including 170 fake Thai ID cards, migrant cards, driving licences, Department of Land Transport stamps, fake annual tax return forms, a computer and copying equipment. 

And there was also a quantity of crystal meth and drug taking equipment. 

The cops said they investigated after Thongchai was named in 13 warrants and discovered he was mixed up in forgery and the drug trade. 

The suspect admitted his involvement. He said his customers were mostly young people who wanted fake ID to get into clubs. 

Source: TNA

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-09

14 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

A real driving license cost peanuts and they are paying 4k for one !    Kinda shows the mentality of local people eh ?

Dont worry about locals, they know as you the driving licences price. And they wont pay more even they are deaf or blind.

15 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

A real driving license cost peanuts and they are paying 4k for one !    Kinda shows the mentality of local people eh ?

In fact it had been made much more difficult to obtain a legal driving license in the legal way.

In Khaosan Road, opposite end to the police station, you've been able to buy fake local and international DL, international press cards and fake airline ID cards for years. Right under the nose of BIB walking around with blinkers on.. 

I get upset OFTEN at Thai drivers...... When I'm driving...........

BUT THEN 'I consider" that they have only been driving for a few weeks/months ..... and they are scared to death...........

And I remember back to When.... I wasn't perfect myself..........

Think about it..........................

Set driving license standards like in central Europe. You have to pass a theoretical test, followed by practical driving. There is a minimum of driving lessons to be taken in a driving school. 

Some fail, go for some more training and pass; some never get a license. Once you pass and there is no incidence in the first two years, then you get a lifelong license. 

I'm sitting on a lifelong Swiss license for the last 42 years, yet have to show up every five years at the local DLT for a renewal. Apart from an idiotic reaction test, the rest is OK. At the end they show a video which is flatly ignored by 98% of the Thai applicants; they snooze, chat on social media or read the newspaper. Half into the video the license issuance is finished and applicants are called, name by name, to pick-up the license and roam the Kingdom's road with the same ignorance and lack of rules, regulations and skills. 

Explains the terribly high loss of life on Thai roads - could all be avoided with more stringent testing procedure and freeing up the DLT of all those sitting on real licenses, without accidents, after 10 years or so .............. 

1 hour ago, owenm said:

In Khaosan Road, opposite end to the police station, you've been able to buy fake local and international DL, international press cards and fake airline ID cards for years. Right under the nose of BIB walking around with blinkers on.. 

"In Khaosan Road, opposite end to the police station, you've been able to buy fake local...DL...for years"

No you haven't, KSR has never offered fake Thai driving licences; that's one of the reasons that the vendors have been "allowed" to operate.

20 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

An extension of stay costs peanuts and some are paying

15-20,000 baht for one!  Kinda shows the mentality of expat people eh?

8 hours ago, Just Weird said:

That can be done at the DLT or the office that issues Thai ID cards?  Really?

are you a snitch for the boys in brown ? ????... or are you just the daily troll post ? ????...perhaps you should stick to your expertise of "sad" or "confused" faces and not ask to many questions ????

18 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"In Khaosan Road, opposite end to the police station, you've been able to buy fake local...DL...for years"

No you haven't, KSR has never offered fake Thai driving licences; that's one of the reasons that the vendors have been "allowed" to operate.

I used to know a few guys down there and as far as I know never been able to buy a fake Thai license, every other country in the world yes 

11 hours ago, observer90210 said:
20 hours ago, Just Weird said:

That can be done at the DLT or the office that issues Thai ID cards?  Really?

are you a snitch for the boys in brown ? ????... or are you just the daily troll post ? ????...perhaps you should stick to your expertise of "sad" or "confused" faces and not ask to many questions ????

It was you who said that staff in the DLT offices are corrupt and will accept bribes in order to bypass the normal system, that makes you the troll, unless you can back up your assertion, which, of course, you can't!

Archived