payment accepted by the majority in bangkok

hifarang

On 11/9/2019 at 9:52 PM, natway09 said:

I will stick to a bit of the folding stuff in the back pocket

Every Government salivates over the cashless society when they can keep track of all spending 

& tax you according to your spending 

boy, there are some scary, wacky weirdos hiding out in this country

On 11/10/2019 at 4:48 PM, Max69xl said:

There are actually issues with the new Be1st Smart TPN MasterCard. There's been complaints since November last year. It doesn't work everywhere online,it seems to be an authentication issue.

Processing of TPN debit cards online requires that the payment is fully processed with Thailand (i.e. the payment servers are physically located in the kingdom). A lot of bigger companies use international payment processors, so this might be the cause of some payments not working. Blame BOT regulations or Thai payment processors for being unable to compete with international firms.

36 minutes ago, tom in bangkok said:

Processing of TPN debit cards online requires that the payment is fully processed with Thailand (i.e. the payment servers are physically located in the kingdom). A lot of bigger companies use international payment processors, so this might be the cause of some payments not working. Blame BOT regulations or Thai payment processors for being unable to compete with international firms.

I understand what you're saying, but Bangkok Bank should know this, because they think the new MasterCard is 100% comparable with their Visa debit cards that will expire in about 40 days. Think about the reactions when everybody with a working Visa today, gets a crappy MasterCard that doesn't work properly even in Thailand. 

On 11/10/2019 at 7:30 AM, Just Weird said:

What do you mean?  Who gets taxed on their everyday spending and by which governments?

We all do. Sales tax or VAT. UK and USA for example. In cashless societies the government know what people buy and sell and when and for how much thus ramping up state control.

10 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:
On 11/10/2019 at 2:30 PM, Just Weird said:

What do you mean?  Who gets taxed on their everyday spending and by which governments?

We all do. Sales tax or VAT. UK and USA for example. In cashless societies the government know what people buy and sell and when and for how much thus ramping up state control.

Clearly, he was not referring to sales tax or VAT, those taxes are applied to the items before they're bought, this is what he said...

"Every Government salivates over the cashless society when they can keep track of all spending & tax you according to your spending" 

He was suggesting that every government is salivating wanting to tax the population more after they've made their purchases. 

On 11/12/2019 at 9:16 PM, ballpoint said:

The Mall and Central groups, amongst others, accept Samsung pay.  I use it at Tops quite regularly.  Very convenient and easy to use.

in that case, sounds like it'll work for all android devices. can you share what you have connected to samsung pay? is it credit or debit card?

4 hours ago, hifarang said:

in that case, sounds like it'll work for all android devices. can you share what you have connected to samsung pay? is it credit or debit card?

Citibank Visa credit card.  I believe some of the other banks' (including Bangkok Bank and KBank) credit cards work with it as well, but I'm not sure about debit cards.

3 hours ago, ballpoint said:

Citibank Visa credit card.  I believe some of the other banks' (including Bangkok Bank and KBank) credit cards work with it as well, but I'm not sure about debit cards.

There's not that many credit cards issued to foreigners compared to debit cards. And,yes you can connect a debit card to Samsung Pay or to other type of payments.

8 hours ago, hifarang said:

I doubt that Samsung Pay works with other Android devices. A few years ago you needed a Gear 3 smart watch paired to the phone to make it work. 

Archived