Recommended venues to visit for Loy Krathong

rooster59

Recommended venues to visit for Loy Krathong

tewit kemtong

4a6c676f8b0326f762771e6713ff1e79.jpg

BANGKOK(NNT) - Loy Krathong festival this year which is on Monday November 11 is expected to be spectacular as many provinces have prepared major celebrations. The festival has already begun in some places.

In Bangkok, the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has provided two major venues. One is Rama VIII Royal Park area under Rama VIII Bridge on the Thonburi side. Performances includes an old-fashioned singing show, a tom-tom drum performance, a Krathong contest with over 200,000 baht in prizes and the sale of quality goods from 50 districts of Bangkok. The other venue is Ong Ang canal and Saphan Han area which got started on Friday at 5.00 p.m.

Elsewhere, 30 BMA public parks throughout the city are open for people to float Krathong until midnight. Other venues include Icon Siam, Asiatique the Riverfront, Phu Khao Thong area and Chulalongkorn University campus.

In the provinces where many tourists and festival goers are expected, venues include Sukhothai Historical Park in Sukhothai province, Yi Peng festival in Chiang Mai province, 200-Year Rattanakosin Bridge in Tak province and Ratchaburi province, among others.

The Department of Rural Roads is flood lighting the bridges across the Chao Phraya River in Bangkok and outlying provinces, to enhance the atmosphere and for people to take pictures at night. The lights on the bridges will be on from 6.00 p.m. to midnight.

nnd.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2019-11-10

Rather than venturing out and braving traffic jams, gazillions of noisy people and insanely cranked-up loudspeakers blaring out a single song in an eternal loop, the only venue I recommend for myself is at home, watching a couple of good movies at peace and floating my soul (and sins?) away with a few ice-cold bottles of brew chased by a dram or two of a good, peaty single malt (Talisker).

8 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Rather than venturing out and braving traffic jams, gazillions of noisy people and insanely cranked-up loudspeakers blaring out a single song in an eternal loop, the only venue I recommend for myself is at home, watching a couple of good movies at peace and floating my soul (and sins?) away with a few ice-cold bottles of brew chased by a dram or two of a good, peaty single malt (Talisker).

Living the dream

BTW, my wife reported to me today that the big lake at Benjakitti Park near the corner of Asoke and Sukhumvit -- which normally is a popular LK water destination -- apparently will not be used/allowed this year due to a lot of reconstruction activity going on there right now. At least, that's the supposedly official line.

There may be something else going on in the same area nearby on the properly of the Thai Tobacco Monopoly, but I couldn't get a clear read on just what or where that might be on the TTM property that adjoins Benjakitti Park.

I will be walking down to stroll along Pattaya Bay. 

The digging/storm drain project was shut down and machinery all parked. 

More quiet than it has been on months, yet very unscenic 

No stands for vendors going up along beach road today?  May be a bit subdued tomorrow night

On 11/10/2019 at 10:35 AM, Misterwhisper said:

Rather than venturing out and braving traffic jams, gazillions of noisy people and insanely cranked-up loudspeakers blaring out a single song in an eternal loop, the only venue I recommend for myself is at home, watching a couple of good movies at peace and floating my soul (and sins?) away with a few ice-cold bottles of brew chased by a dram or two of a good, peaty single m

Where did you find Talisker in Thailand ?

Archived