Do I need to report to the DLT?

longball53098

3 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

I have seen stickers written in Thai on the back of cars that may be, say, green, that say: "This car is silver". Always wondered if this was part of some legal requirement. 

Rooster

I have seen Scrawled on the back of some vans ...ALSO AVAILABLE IN WHITE ...

You definitely should. Regulations regarding blue/green book color matching the actual color of the vehicle are enforced much more strictly starting this year. One of my friends was unable to pass inspection in order to extend road tax/insurance - the staff said "this year - no go" (funny enough, his motorbike was a factory-tuned British flag-painted one, sold legally through a dealer but with "red" in its green book; apparently were no such color option as "British"). Another one just got a fine in a broad daylight after his book was checked by the cops.

Yes you need to change the color in the book but on a side note i have an old NV as a workhorse, it has a carboy type cover, but when i went one time to get new tax it wasn't fitted on, they changed the book to say so. Imagine the scenario fit it back on go to LTO 2 hrs drive, its back on,  when i get home have to take it off again for some reason and so on ......The two Ronnie's comes to mind or Mr bean  perfect TV sketch :cheesy:

I know a guy with a Ford Ranger tricked out lifeted, big tires etc. Decals or wrap with what looks like mud on the sides, it looks great. The first time I saw it parked on street I said that has to be a foreigner. 

Met up with later at a bar he’s owns. He said he went to renew registration and they wouldn’t do it because in their estimation it was X percent over the allowed percentage. 

Another had his mazda wrapped matte black and Cha ged runs. Went to register he had to pay a fine for wrap and was told he had

to put the original rims back on..  which the shop kept and no longer had.. didn’t hear the outcome

Archived