5 year teacher's license

Harich

Help needed.

I have a number of questions concerning application for a teacher's license.

1. First can application be done online? Recently, a new teacher at the school in which I teach went to apply for a 2 years waiver in person at kurusapa and was told that - If he applies in person the process takes about 2 months before getting the waiver mailed to school, or he could apply online and wwait for just a week or a couple of weeks. 

So I'm not sure if the same applies to a license.

2. How long does it take to recieve your license after applying?

3. I am not yet done with my diploma course at PCU, so can I still submit the other documents required with the former still pending since it has to be submitted from the university to Kurusapa directly? 

Hi,

i am not aware of, not heard credible reports of anyone being able to apply for the 5-year “permanent” license online.. I only have seen and heard of in-person applications.

My colleague didn’t his first 5-year back in early January and it took nearly a full 4 months before the paper certificate and orange license card were mailed to him (at the school where he was working) 

I am not aware of, nor heard reports of otherS being able to file a “pending receipt of....”  applications for their 5-year license.  Everyone I know and have been involved with or witnessed firsthand we’re required to have all of the documents required at that time and applications refused for any deficiencies.

My colleague turned in his diploma, transcript and certificate of graduation in person .... but... all those  documents where in a tamper-proof envelope and were address to Krusapah, but mailed to him.  The TCT officer took a a few photos of the sealed envelope before opening it and attached/included the now-opened envelope to the application packet itself.

I understood you can now also apply for the full license online. But the license has to be approved by a committee and after approval printed, which I believe they do in batches. So it probably still takes about 2 or 3 months for a full license, as did mine early this year applying by mail.

• 2 weeks later...

1.     The application can’t be done online as you’ll need the school’s evaluation and at least three teachers of your school must be involved, including copies of their licenses.

You must have completed a full year at the school when applying for a license. Not two days less.

2.     Once you’ve paid the fee of 500 baht, they’ll tell you when they send it to your school. They do not send it to you. I had to wait six weeks.

3. Wait until you have your Diploma, the transcripts and an unopened letter for Khurusapha.

Finally, it's always good to go there in person. If any documents are missing they'll let you know it.

16 hours ago, mike123ca said:

I see Krusapha is now issuing bilingual teaching license's ( Thai and English).

My 5 year license is only in Thai. Is it possible to have a bilingual replacement license?

Send Khurusapha an email if it's possible, or wait for the renewal date.

You can apply for renewal 18 months before the due date. 

Archived