BANGKOK
ExpatOK

Is This the Death Knell for the Cheap Charlies in Thailand?

5 minutes ago, ExpatOK said:

Thank you. She's the love of my life and I hear she's single now.  But, alas, I don't have money, nor am I her brother.🙁

you would. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, ExpatOK said:

So, is this the death knell for Cheap Charlies in Thailand?  Are we about to become extinct?

Yes!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Agree, and like the west it has started to become. Foreigners, and to be specific westerners ie Western Europe and North Americans, Australians. Could I say they brought it on themselves? The same as those embracing diversity and after the new comers numbers increased... u ll know the story. They brought it on themselves too.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I don't think there has been an influx of them in the last few years and the existing ones are slowing killing themselves off by drinking large bottles of Chang and smoking fags all day ....about 10 years max for that life choice ..🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On the contrary. We're even now in the midst of the Golden Age of the Cheap Charlies. And it looks to continue far into the future, too, as more and more are being officially encouraged to come on over.

Incredibly our members seem to have missed entirely the import of the constant cries over imaginary zero-baht tours, the nightly parades in WS, and the use of five straws to share one bottle of water. Oh, the (cultural) blindness. HOW can that happen? 🙂

Edited by BigStar
  • Thanks 2