BANGKOK
samsingsong

Are there any Diet Soda drinks apart from Cola's?

The only sugar free / diet soda / fizzy drinks I can find in the supermarkets in Pattaya are either Pepsi or Coca Cola.

I like cola, but can't drink much of it, I prefer a diet fizzy lemonade like Diet Sprite / 7-UP etc. 

Some years back, for just a few weeks, Diet Sprite was available in 7/11's in my area, but then stopped.

To be honest, I would rather be drinking beer, but I really need to loose some weight! Water is OK, but I really enjoy more 

a diet fizzy lemonade. I find I can drink that with a meal instead of beer, but cola's have too string a taste to drink much of for me. (in the UK I buy Tesco's own Diet Lemonade which is just right, but not seen that in Thailand).

Does anybody know if a drink like this is available anywhere in Pattaya please? 

Sprite has been available in sugar free version here in Bangkok but have returned to Coke as not a fan of the taste.  Pepsi has a rasberry version (also not a fan of the taste and cans are sized for midgets (as is Pepsi now).  Sugar free life span has always been an issue in hot climates and Thai have cheap sugar to use so not enough demand it seems.  Remember having A&W sugar free root beer in Philippines 30 years ago.  

16 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Coke, Pepsi and Sprite is about all there is.

Is Diet Sprite now available in Pattaya?

If yes please tell me where, that's what I'm looking for! 

I'm currently in the UK and have been since March. Didn't see any Diet Sprite last visit, but maybe there is now? I'm back in a couple of weeks and currently trying to diet!

Edited by samsingsong
Additional info

The problem is they replace the sugar with nasty stuff like Aspertame or other unhealthy artificial sugars. I also like soda but they are far too sweet. Here in Thailand I swear they put even more sweetener in as Thais love sugar (have you noticed their sense of taste is the same as a child?)

Nearest thing I ever found to a thirst quenching soda was Schweppes.... have not seen it in ages?

Wish they would make a soft drink with truly no sugar (real nor artificial).

• Haha 1

what about aerated Mineral Water? plenty of flavours can also be added...

• Like 2

thais are not happy unless sugar is in EVERYTHING. So not much demand for sugar free

The green plastic Sprite bottle has a gray cap or a white cap, depending on if it is diet or sugar. Lazada has soft drinks in its grocery section of LazMall, and if your local Tesco doesn't stock it on the shelf you could try having it delivered.

https://shoponline.tescolotus.com/groceries/en-GB/products/6168116360

https://shoponline.tescolotus.com/groceries/en-GB/products/6017556686

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/325-6-i306314562-s532414262.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlistcategory.list.23.4fb876ccYjRTvK&search=1

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/15-12-i306304732-s532396775.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlistcategory.list.3.4fb876ccYjRTvK&search=1

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/500-24-i306308651-s532404440.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlistcategory.list.7.4fb876ccYjRTvK&search=1
The only convenience store in my (Phuket) neighborhood is a Family Mart, and I don't go there any more because a vicious soi dog now lives inside the store (and sleeps on the food shelves), but a few weeks ago they had the small bottles for about 18 baht, although they regularly ran out later in the day. I have bought cans of Schweppes ginger ale in 7-11s near where I used to live.

"Sprite No Sugar is the perfect drink for people who want same the great taste of Sprite but no sugar"

Edited by dave s
  • Like 2

Sugar free Sprite is in Family Mart in Bangkok, but I've not seen it in 7/11. It tastes dreadful though. I like the raspberry Pepsi (sugar free). Not sure it's very good for me though. Knock back a Singha Soda water instead. Healthy.

I have taken to buying simple soda water.....get the fizz and lose the addiction to sweetness. 

• Like 1

If you want to lose weight the last thing you want to be drinking is <deleted> sugary drinks !  Get serious first.  Buy a Soda Stream and make your own fizzy water and flavour with fresh fruits.

What i do as a replacement is buy soda water and mix with some freshly squeezed juice... that way, at least I know what I am getting... 

• Like 1