Minister highlights importance of going green

webfact

Minister highlights importance of going green

By THE NATION

800_789bd881d49050a.jpg?v=1573371296

Warawut Silpa-archa

Minister of Natural Resources and Environment Warawut Silpa-archa on Saturday (November 9) organised an activity, “Talk to Top Go Green Together Vol.1”, at Bitterman Restaurant in Bangkok.

The minister highlighted three issues: green area and city life quality, Thailand’s forest situation, and the management of global warming.

S__85417997.jpg

S__85417999.jpg

S__85418002.jpg

S__85418003.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30378212

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-11-11

So where's the news content of this piece? 5 pics of a Silpa-Archa clan Minister, is no substitute for some actual news about how this "going green together" mullarkey is going to work in practice. What has the minister done to lower his carbon footprint and is he setting an example for the Thai people to follow? Or is it like the UK Tory's myth that "we are all in it together", when they announced their post-2008 economic crash austerity plan, that actually took money from the poor and redistributed it to the rich? Seems more like pinkwash than greenwash to me, given the fashion choice of the Thai environment minister and his team. I think we should be spared Vol 2 of this charade, unless there's more substance to the spin. ????

58 minutes ago, plachon said:

So where's the news content of this piece? 5 pics of a Silpa-Archa clan Minister, is no substitute for some actual news about how this "going green together" mullarkey is going to work in practice. What has the minister done to lower his carbon footprint and is he setting an example for the Thai people to follow? Or is it like the UK Tory's myth that "we are all in it together", when they announced their post-2008 economic crash austerity plan, that actually took money from the poor and redistributed it to the rich? Seems more like pinkwash than greenwash to me, given the fashion choice of the Thai environment minister and his team. I think we should be spared Vol 2 of this charade, unless there's more substance to the spin. ????

Sir you are bringing up many uncomfortable points here....I think all of us with sensitive ears will retreat into our SAFE SPACES now...bye

1 hour ago, plachon said:

This is the Nation nowadays, a shadow of what it used to be.

And what the >>>> does Talk To Top mean?

7 hours ago, mikebell said:

Would you think a minister could employ a farang to translate his slogan?  What does '“Talk to Top Go Green Together Vol.1”, mean?  I think I'll give vol. 2 a miss.

The meaning in thai is "the top invite you to talk", but this would be a bit long as a slogan. I think "talk to top" is ok in this case.

The problem is that the slogan itself just sucks, not the translation.

Archived