Arrest warrants for officials suspected of evidence tampering in activist Billy’s disappearance

webfact

Arrest warrants for officials suspected of evidence tampering in activist Billy’s disappearance

%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%A5%E0%

The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) is expected to seek an arrest warrant for suspects allegedly involved in witness tampering on Monday, relating to the kidnapping and murder of Karen community rights activist Porlajee “Billy” Rakchongcharoen.

An informed DSI source told Thai PBS today (Sunday) that DSI officials found that some officials may have abused their authority by attempting to intimidate witnesses in the case. The source declined, however, to name the suspects for whom warrants are being sought.

Billy was last seen on April 17th, 2014 when he was arrested by Kaeng Krachan national park officials in Phetchaburi province for collecting wild honey in the park. Led by then park chief, Mr. Chaiwat Limlikhit-arsorn, officials claimed they had released the activist on the same day, but he has not been seen since.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/arrest-warrants-for-officials-suspected-of-evidence-tampering-in-activist-billys-disappearance/

thaipbs.jpg

The way dissidents are treated in Thailand closely mirrors the way Communist Chinese handle their problem children.

Not reflective of a democratic society...It is my humble opinion that in a few years the government will be dissolved and democratic freedoms cast aside in favor of a strongman military-dictator style government...

Thailand's people seem to he able to assimilate and thrive inspite of government created chaos...????

3 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

The way dissidents are treated in Thailand closely mirrors the way Communist Chinese handle their problem children.

Not reflective of a democratic society...It is my humble opinion that in a few years the government will be dissolved and democratic freedoms cast aside in favor of a strongman military-dictator style government...

Thailand's people seem to he able to assimilate and thrive inspite of government created chaos...????

16 minutes ago, mikebell said:

We've got that now.

With the expection that the military-dics' don't really have big gonads - luckily????

4 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Dissedents are NOT welcome in every Country. Look the "civilized" Britain is doing in Assange.
I would shut up. 

5 hours ago, zhounan said:

Dissedents are NOT welcome in every Country. Look the "civilized" Britain is doing in Assange.
I would shut up. 

OMG again! Are you insane trying to compare Great Britain to Thailand again? Comparing Britain and Assange, who last time I heard is still alive and yes in prison with basic luxuries to a poor guy blatantly arrested, murdered and rammed into an oil drum and dumped or so called soldiers murdering innocent civilians in a temple while we all know where the man who gave that order now is. OMG Cromwell was our last military coup. Comparing Thailand to GB just makes you look stupid. Note GB is not perfect but it seems to attract people from Asia to risk life and limb to get there illegally. 

Archived