TAT’s ambitious ‘฿100 Travel Around’ scheme opens on Monday

webfact

TAT’s ambitious ‘฿100 Travel Around’ scheme opens on Monday

By THE NATION

800_d91a4b6810b2e94.jpg?v=1573374663

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) will open on Monday (November 11) the first of four days of registration for its campaign '฿100 Travel Around' aimed at boosting domestic tourism.

According to TAT’s website, the project aims to promote domestic tourism by providing Bt100 one-price packages for domestic tours and rooms.

The registration will open on four “catchy dates” namely 11-11 (November 11), 11-12 (November 12), 12-11 (December 11) and 12-12 (December 12).

Each registration day, from 6am to midnight, will accept only 10,000 participants.

The package coupons will be given on a first come, first served basis.

To be eligible for ‘฿100 Travel Around’, participants must be Thai nationals, be at least 18 years of age on the registration date, and must reserve a domestic destination other than the hometown shown on their ID card.

One person can make one reservation only via www.100เดียวเที่ยวทั่วไทย.com website.

Hundreds of three-to-five star hotels have registered with the campaign to provide Bt100 packages, including THANN Wellness Destination, Onsen at Moncham, Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong – Mgallery, Renaissance Pattaya Resort & Spa, The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort, Sri Panwa Phuket, The Naka Phuket, Celes Beachfront Resort - Koh Samui, Baba Beach Club Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel by Sri Panwa and Maraya Hotel & Resort.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30378213

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-11-11

This is a better idea than the Chin shop chai thing where most of the money ended up being spent at Macro/BigC in the province next door.

Apparently you cant do this one if you did Chin shop Chai already.

3 minutes ago, keith101 said:

REALLY and how far do they expect people to get on 100 baht ?

I think its 100 Baht for a package...would assume that covers travel and hotel...Its an incentive that will create more spending. Governments all over the world have different ways of creating domestic spending, TAT for once should be given a thumbs up on this idea.

Can’t knock it, if it works.  Meanwhile, the hot money inflows at BoT keep piling up.  And the Baht keeps inching up.

So this TAT plan may be a harbinger of times ahead—-when the stratospheric Baht eliminates all western tourists and expats.

4 hours ago, baansgr said:

I think its 100 Baht for a package...would assume that covers travel and hotel...Its an incentive that will create more spending. Governments all over the world have different ways of creating domestic spending, TAT for once should be given a thumbs up on this idea.

You don't get it at all

i have seen the site and the conditions

you need to do a reservation on one of the luxury hotels

(Usualy 3\5000 bahts for one night) and then you can hope

to get a 100 bahts discount back to you later.

I don't know why but i have the feeling it's not going to be a big popular success

7 hours ago, baansgr said:

Lol, are you serious? Do you really think people will rush out and book a hotel who already don't already intend to book a hotel and even if you do is it worth the effort for 100baht? How far are these idiots out of touch: 100baht as one person stated its for 3,000baht + hotels. For something like this to work they would need to add one or two zeros and not make it a gamble if your going to get it. 100baht are they made? This whole think stinks of s

stupidity, desperation or most likely there is a lot of money to skim.... 

Archived