Phuket child hawking gang busted for human trafficking, child exploitation

webfact

Phuket child hawking gang busted for human trafficking, child exploitation

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1573388298_1-org.jpg

Lt Gen Jaruwat Waisaya, Commander of the Royal Thai Police Office of Legal Affairs and Litigation, announced the arrests at a press conference at Patong Police Station this afternoon (Nov 10). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Police have arrested four suspects for operating a criminal child-exploitation operation in Phuket that forced children as young as 10 years old to work all night selling coconut water in bars and restaurants – or face being beaten.

Lt Gen Jaruwat Waisaya, Commander of the Royal Thai Police Office of Legal Affairs and Litigation, travelled to Phuket to announce the arrests at a press conference at Patong Police Station this afternoon (Nov 10).

Present for the announcement were Phuket Provincial Police Deputy Commanders Col Sermphan Sirikong and Col Chaiwat Uikam, who has previously served as the Patong Police Chief, along with the current Patong Police Chief Col Anotai Jindamanee and Kitti Intharakul, Chief of the Phuket Provincial Social Development and Human Security Office, and Atchara Surakul, head of the Child, Home and the Family Affairs office in Phuket.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-child-hawking-gang-busted-for-human-trafficking-child-exploitation-73572.php#iGrIwmAoZVLvozwj.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-11-11

Well done,hopefully they will throw the book at them and lock them up for a long time. There is nothing worse than people who exploit children for their own personal gain.(Scum of the world).

I personally enjoyed my stay in phuket,but they should also get rid of the touts in Bangla road. Nothing worse than getting ping pong show touts harassing you every 5 meters. I think the average adult knows what entertainment is available in Bangla road without having to be harassed.

Children selling to the public and working in restaurants, illegally, has been going on for many years. This is no secret. Of course people make them do it!

Congratulations Lt Gen commander but where has your police force been until now?

2 hours ago, 300sd said:

Children selling to the public and working in restaurants, illegally, has been going on for many years. This is no secret. Of course people make them do it!

Congratulations Lt Gen commander but where has your police force been until now?

Turning a blind eye because of kickbacks.

And on the subject of the touts in Bangla, I have known a particular woman who works there and has done for years and every time there is an announcement by the BIB that the touts are going to be "removed/cleared away/banned from waving their placards in front of your face", and I ask her about this, because it would appear she is going to lose her income, she simply tells me that they are warned by the BIB as to when "an inspection" is going to take place, and they simply remove themselves from view, only to come out when the coast is clear.

6 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Turning a blind eye because of kickbacks.

And on the subject of the touts in Bangla, I have known a particular woman who works there and has done for years and every time there is an announcement by the BIB that the touts are going to be "removed/cleared away/banned from waving their placards in front of your face", and I ask her about this, because it would appear she is going to lose her income, she simply tells me that they are warned by the BIB as to when "an inspection" is going to take place, and they simply remove themselves from view, only to come out when the coast is clear.

But wait! I seem to recall that this government was going to fight corruption aggressively.

6 minutes ago, neeray said:

But wait! I seem to recall that this government was going to fight corruption aggressively.

Too many snouts in the trough to do that I'm afraid........and hard to do when it starts at the top and is endemic!!

But we can dream!

Go to walking Street Pattaya and VICS hotel 2nd road every morning around 4am  to see mothers with interchangeable babies accosting drunken foreigners with “their” babies/little people selling roses – bloody disgusting????????‍♂️????????????????????

11 hours ago, Titan1962 said:

Well done,hopefully they will throw the book at them and lock them up for a long time. There is nothing worse than people who exploit children for their own personal gain.(Scum of the world).

I personally enjoyed my stay in phuket,but they should also get rid of the touts in Bangla road. Nothing worse than getting ping pong show touts harassing you every 5 meters. I think the average adult knows what entertainment is available in Bangla road without having to be harassed.

They sponsor ping-pong tournaments in Bangla road now?  ????

I remember my first night out in Phuket back in the late 80's and how much it bothered me to see these children walking around the bars in the early hours of the morning selling a variety of small items. I was approached several times and gave in once or twice, although I realized that my purchases only contributed to encourage this type of exploitation. But it was just so hard to refuse every one of those children who seemed so desperate to make some sales. It was a real "rock and hard place" situation, knowing or at least strongly suspecting, that those kids would face bad consequences for a lack of performance, yet giving in was wrong in the long term. I hope they get very serious about stopping this terrible exploitation.  

15 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

They sponsor ping-pong tournaments in Bangla road now?  ????

Not exactly tournaments (as you probably know......sarcasm perhaps?)

BUT there are touts, with small placards stating "Ping pong shows, and Live f@@king show" thrust in ones face. Not what one should see in a tourist town on an island promoting itself as a family destination.

Archived