Man robs two Family Mart stores at knife-point

webfact

Man robs two Family Mart stores at knife-point

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1573387336_1-org.jpg

The man grabbed a kitchen knife on sale in the store and threatened the staff with it. Photo: Phuket City Police

PHUKET: Police believe they have identified a man who robbed two Family Mart stores in Phuket, each time by threatening the staff with a knife that was on sale in the store.

Officers from the Phuket City Police were called to the Family Mart convenience store on Tilok Uthit 2 Rd in Phuket Town, near the fresh market on Ong Sim Pai Rd, after the man robbed the store at about 5:40am.

At the store the officers found the two staff on duty – Ameenou Saoute, 24, from Rueso District in Narathiwat and Hatyah Waehama, 28, from Yarang District in Pattani – still visibly affected by the robbery.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/man-robs-two-family-mart-stores-at-knife-point-73571.php#2VjpY044zkRAk6CO.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-11-11

I think it's such a crazy Thai habit to use full names. Even if someone is arrested, you are only guilty if a judge decides that you are. Mentioning real names is ridiculous. Even if you are not guilty your name will come up on google for the rest of your life.  And now I read the names and places of residence of people who work in a store?

2 hours ago, dimitriv said:

I think it's such a crazy Thai habit to use full names. Even if someone is arrested, you are only guilty if a judge decides that you are. Mentioning real names is ridiculous. Even if you are not guilty your name will come up on google for the rest of your life.  And now I read the names and places of residence of people who work in a store?

Wild lawless county.. dont be surprised...nothing make sense in Thailand...

4 hours ago, webfact said:

At the store the officers found the two staff on duty – Ameenou Saoute, 24, from Rueso District in Narathiwat and Hatyah Waehama, 28, from Yarang District in Pattani – still visibly affected by the robbery

And now even more worried that their names and localities have been shared nationwide..

ridiculous reporting personal details of victims !

Phuket knife-wielding Family Mart robber surrenders to police

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1573459898_1-org.jpg

Boonrit Khaoprasirt, 21, originally from Phang Nga, surrendered himself to officers at Phuket City Police Station at about 8pm last night. photos: Phuket City Police

PHUKET: The man wanted for robbing two Family Mart convenience stores in Phuket before dawn yesterday morning (Nov 10) by threatening the staff with a kitchen knife has surrendered to police.

Boonrit Khaoprasirt, 21, originally from Phang Nga, surrendered himself to officers at Phuket City Police Station at about 8pm last night, explained Capt Anirut Thongpung of the Phuket City Police.

“While investigating the robberies, and checking CCTV footage, we learned that the suspect was Boonrit Khaoprasirt, 21, from Phang Nga. We called him and pressured him to give himself up,” Capt Anirut said.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-knife-wielding-family-mart-robber-surrenders-to-police-73580.php#q0s2HFUbOtsfd07v.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-11-11

10 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Why do they have to mention the name of the staff and where they are from?

... hmm, it may be the only known information so far ... ????

I believe employees should carry a weapon no matter what the store says.Maybe not a gun but possibly a knife or made.Most of the time if a person pulls a knife on you and you pull your own knife or made out they will think differently about The situation.

44 minutes ago, thrilled said:

I believe employees should carry a weapon no matter what the store says.Maybe not a gun but possibly a knife or made.Most of the time if a person pulls a knife on you and you pull your own knife or made out they will think differently about The situation.

2 small girls with knives against an adult male with a knife. 

Do you really think that's a good idea?

Now, at least, nobody is hurt or dead.

Now i am not a Thai basher but why does not the headline say Thai Man robs Family mart. If it  was a farang the headlines would say FOREIGNER robs Family mart at knife point. Always a difference between Thai and farang when reporting the news. Bad farang

Archived