BANGKOK
MrWilliams

Avoiding issues of too many entries

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 3 months in 6 months has been out of date since 2008.

As has been said many times the 90 days in 6 months rule was rescinded in 2008.

They're saying 3 times in 6 months not 3 months in 6 months or 90 days in 6 months.

4 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Sticker-Patch????

Canada

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JoeSuperCool said:

They're saying 3 times in 6 months not 3 months in 6 months or 90 days in 6 months.

It does not matter how it is written since no such rule exists.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jackdd said:

This information is wrong

So Im solid arriving next week into Bkk for 30+extend+walk across border into Burma 30+extend=120 days

30+30+30+30=120 then back home for a year to work-save=rinse =lather=repeat.....right?

Its hard to know who knows the current info etc...of course except for Ubon Joe-The Go To Guy!

So what happened was they gave me a hassle at immigration. The first agent aggressively questioned me about why did I have an educational visa, why didn't I spell the entire name of the hotel I listed as my address, he asked me how many letters in the Thai alphabet, etc.

He passed me on to a supervisor who took me aside to a table of older officers....they were more polite.

Bottom line, I used some Thai words I know, I cracked a few jokes, and they let me in with a warning to come with a tourist visa next time if I'm going to stay longer than a month, regardless of visa free entry plus 30 day extension and side trip to Bali or wherever.

5 minutes ago, MrWilliams said:

So what happened was they gave me a hassle at immigration. The first agent aggressively questioned me about why did I have an educational visa, why didn't I spell the entire name of the hotel I listed as my address, he asked me how many letters in the Thai alphabet, etc.

He passed me on to a supervisor who took me aside to a table of older officers....they were more polite.

Bottom line, I used some Thai words I know, I cracked a few jokes, and they let me in with a warning to come with a tourist visa next time if I'm going to stay longer than a month, regardless of visa free entry plus 30 day extension and side trip to Bali or wherever.

Curious on the age/sex of the initial officer and the older ones.

Initial officer was male, maybe 30. He passed me off to an older woman, who acted like a supervisor; she took me to a table with 2 older men, about 60 and 65 yo.

1 of the men did most of the talking, the slightly younger one. I cracked a joke about going to train muay Thai because I am too poom poey. At that the oldest man made a joke in Thai using the word poom poey and the whole table laughed. He seemed to have the most gravitas so I'm assuming he was the senior officer. He also never spoke once in English.