BANGKOK
webfact

Turkey should scrap Russian missile system or face U.S. sanctions - White House official

6 hours ago, webfact said:

His comments came ahead of a visit by Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan to Washington on Nov. 13 to meet U.S. President Donald Trump for likely crucial talks as the two NATO allies have been at loggerheads over a range of issues.

The last time the Turk sultan was in the US his bodyguards beat up protesters. This time, I hope the protesters come prepared to fight back. Can't seek justice, because the last time the Turks assaulted Americans expressing their first amendment rights, the Turks were identified and charged but the Trump administration had the charges dropped to please Erdogan. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No problem Donald will sort it out when Erdogan visits he will offer a trade in deal on the Russia Missiles in exchange for Yank ones and then sell the trade ins back to his mate Putin for $1 each providing Vlad gives Donny a spotters  fee of $10 mio each. "THE ART OF THE DEAL"

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, zydeco said:

The last time the Turk sultan was in the US his bodyguards beat up protesters. This time, I hope the protesters come prepared to fight back. Can't seek justice, because the last time the Turks assaulted Americans expressing their first amendment rights, the Turks were identified and charged but the Trump administration had the charges dropped to please Erdogan. 

What Turkish sultan?

Of historical interest is that at the time of the Cuban missile crisis (Russian missiles pointing at the US) the US had missiles in Turkey (pointing at Russia). It finished with withdrawal of both lots. 

Yesterday’s friends are today’s enemies.

• Like 2

The empire is beginning to crumble.  Donald is clutching at straws.

"Things fall apart, the center cannot hold" (Yeats)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zydeco said:

Not just protesters. They attacked Secret Service agents, too. But Trump bravely showed them that the US wouldn't accept attacks on its own government agents. Here's how the US government showed those Turkish security officials the penalties awaiting those who commit crimes in America

"The security officials left the country before they could be arrested. They were delivered to a waiting flight at Joint Base Andrews by State Department diplomatic security and Secret Service. One agent described it as the fastest “joint move and departure I’ve ever seen in my 16 years on the job,” according to a memo sent to the State Department the day after the clashes."

https://thehill.com/policy/international/469705-erdogan-visit-stirs-memories-of-violent-protests

Edited by bristolboy