Hong Kong protester shot by police as chaos erupts across city - media

webfact

Hong Kong protester shot by police as chaos erupts across city - media

2019-11-11T005811Z_1_LYNXMPEFAA014_RTROPTP_4_HONGKONG-PROTESTS.JPG

A protester spray paints graffiti at Hong Kong Polytechnic University in Hong Kong, China November 11, 2019. REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton

HONG KONG (Reuters) - Hong Kong police opened fire and hit at least one protester on Monday, media reported, as chaos erupted across the city a day after officers fired tear gas to break up demonstrations that are now entering their sixth month.

Police fired live rounds at protesters on the eastern side of Hong Kong island, Cable TV and other Hong Kong media reported. Cable TV said one protester was wounded after police opened fire.

Video footage showed a protester lying in a pool of blood with his eyes wide open.

Police declined to comment when contacted by Reuters.

Services on some train and subway lines were disrupted early on Monday, with riot police deployed near stations and shopping malls. Protesters used barricades to block roads across the Chinese-ruled financial hub, with long traffic jams in some areas.

Activists blocked roads and trashed shopping malls across Hong Kong's New Territories and Kowloon peninsula on Sunday during a 24th straight weekend of anti-government unrest.

The latest violence comes after a student died in hospital last week following a high fall as protesters were being dispersed by police.

Protesters are angry about what they see as police brutality and meddling by Beijing in the former British colony's freedoms, guaranteed by the "one country, two systems" formula put in place when the territory returned to Chinese rule in 1997.

(Reporting by Donny Kwowk and Anne Marie Roantree; Writing by Lincoln Feast; Editing by Christian Schmollinger and Paul Tait)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-11-11

3 minutes ago, webfact said:

Protesters are angry about what they see as police brutality and meddling by Beijing in the former British colony's freedoms, guaranteed by the "one country, two systems" formula put in place when the territory returned to Chinese rule in 1997.

Sadly, the outcome is inevitable. The Chinese government has not, IMO, become more tolerant since you know when.

However we'll see which weasel western countries continue to suck up to China afterwards.

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sadly, the outcome is inevitable. The Chinese government has not, IMO, become more tolerant since you know when.

However we'll see which weasel western countries continue to suck up to China afterwards.

All of them.

The only way to at least bring the CCP into check is if many countries recognize Taiwan.

I believe HK police(I dont like mainland police very corrupt even more than __insert, but HK police are generally good folks) acted on self defense to shoot those violent gang. The pro-"democracy" separists have long crossed the bottomline. check this just happend, a civilian was set on fire by pro-"democracy" protesters.

It's believed the man was angry over youngling protesters sabotaging metro station, he bravely stands out and contest with the bunch, the protesters then throw flammble liquids over him and promptly set him on fire.

Luckily he's not gravely injured. 

MQRyex.jpg
MQR6w6.jpg
MQRcTK.jpg
MQRrO1.jpg

MQ4YjJ.jpg
MQ4Nu9.jpg

It is widely known separists have long been threatening & harassing police family in attempt to get leverage on them maybe get hands on firearm. Quite commendable the HK police consider the tremendous pressure they are facing yet no one bend to criminals.

4 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Quoting Coremouse:
"It's believed the man was"
"It is widely known separists have"

Yeah, sure, if you 
believe the fake news made in China.

You cant have it both ways mate. Either the Chinese report or they dont. None of this news is reported in China and the international press are in full attendance.

4 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Quoting Coremouse:

Yeah, sure, if you 

Except "It's believed the man was" by various HK media, and Chinese media very slow to follow on.

And might I add quite balls to say fake news while it's fully recorded in video, every protester face's clear as day. 

Blame on China because they have a communist party, so everything must be fake news and automatically at fault lol. Man cold war ended long ago, life in China not much different than other parts the world, try get a life over blindly sanction on ideology. 

Since it's a similar subject mind I quote my previous post.

If you don't like Chinese news, you could also check this wonderful report by a HK-loving Japanese scholar: 

https://gendai.ismedia.jp/articles/-/66271  Funny he was attacked because some terrorists mistake him a Chinese. Recently some Taiwanese sympathizer was also attacked at HK simply because they spoke mandarin. 

On 11/6/2019 at 10:59 AM, Coremouse said:

Here's HK "democracy" terrorist stabs pro-unification lawyer, in broad daylight

Three are injured during this failed assasination

Here's HK "democracy" terrorists burning down market streets and bookstore, this particular bookstore belong to a publisher has long standing heritage, well known for translating many masterpieces to Chinese reader, like Betrand Russel, Hegel, Spinoza

MCRLtg.jpg
MCRqAS.jpg

Here's a video gone total viral within Chinese netizens. As I was informed a man driving his family home and encountered HK "democracy" protests' blockade. Since he doubted the blockade & tried to talk his way through, those democracy dudes deemed him the Enemy of Color Revolution - they surrounded the van, dragged the guy out of the car, abused him, bullied him, chained him. He silently taken all the bullets and protected his family from hurt, when he finally got those demo-dudes distracted, he imediately get back in the car, locked door, totally rammed and destroyed the blockade and away with his family. 

I first seen the vids in a facebook motor group, every Chinese no matter from Mainland, Taiwan, Asean or Western all cheered for him.

MC4Lbq.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you could read Japanese, I think this report written by scholar Aoyama is very good and minimal bias. He criticized Beijing during 1989 event, yet he felt so sad and unsettling about current HK ongoing. 

Most Chinese agree the HK event is rooted deep within the appalling Gini index HK currently have, which was driven by the city's own greed and divided people. Also though not many but some HKer could be very racist as the Japanese scholar pointed out.

Not trying to argue on the internet but just want you to know, other than mainstream western media there're vast diffferent voices in China, and that has NOTHING to do with Chinese gov. Myself have quite some grudges against Chinese gov yet I condemn meaningless violence, and also think it's unfair for Chinese as a whole bear many negative stereotype.

https://gendai.ismedia.jp/articles/-/66271

I almost flew Cathay Pacific airlines back in July and August when I went from Los Angeles to BKK  because I wanted to try their Premium Economy class as compared to EVA which I usually fly.  Luckily I stayed with EVA since the Cathay airport was in turmoil, EVA connects from LAX to Taipei.   It was a close call because EVA was just getting over an airline worker strike.

19 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Quoting Coremouse:

Yeah, sure, if you 

You know, I feel the same about the state sponsored BBC, the corporate media from the UK and US, and the Pentagon media including the White Helmets and weapons of mass destruction. So much of it is propaganda, it is difficult without reading widely to know where the truth lies.

Wake up! our governments lie to us through the media.

9 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Thugs all of them.  They had their chance decades ago but would not put up a strong front then to keep British control. 

Britain's lease ran out. The lease was extorted under duress anyway so hardly an advert for democracy. To hear the British talk about democracy for Hong Kong makes me laugh, because it was a UK appointed governorship when Britain had control. A bit late to the party ain't they? Why didn't they give democracy to Hong Kongers when they ran the place?

Hypocrisy reeks doesn't it? Then watch Britain change its tune if Brexit happens and they want a trade deal with China.

6 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Britain's lease ran out. The lease was extorted under duress anyway so hardly an advert for democracy. To hear the British talk about democracy for Hong Kong makes me laugh, because it was a UK appointed governorship when Britain had control. A bit late to the party ain't they? Why didn't they give democracy to Hong Kongers when they ran the place?

Hypocrisy reeks doesn't it? Then watch Britain change its tune if Brexit happens and they want a trade deal with China.

I reckon your post is great.
Hong Kong was previously in the British Empire, just like India. Was there democracy in Hong Kong prior to 1997 ?  Off-course not. The British Empire was built on exploitation of those in the Empire, it was certainly nothing to do with spreading freedom and democracy. The demonstraters/rioters waving British flags look absurd.

I really do think that the British government should simply shut up about Hong Kong, stay out of it. Let China solve what is basically a problem for China/Hong Kong. And the British government is saying very little about Hong Kong. The reason for this is, you're right, Briain needs a trade deal with China once Brexit actually takes place.

On 11/12/2019 at 12:39 AM, Traubert said:
On 11/11/2019 at 8:03 PM, yuyiinthesky said:

Quoting Coremouse:

Yeah, sure, if you 

You cant have it both ways mate. Either the Chinese report or they dont. None of this news is reported in China and the international press are in full attendance.

Fake news does not necessarily mean news reported by the press, but much more the fake news posted in social media (or sites such as Thaivisa) by state sponsored troll armies.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3021798/china-troll-armys-battle-expeditions-leap-great-firewall
https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2019/08/07/chinese-communist-troll-army-floods-social-media-with-anti-hong-kong-messages/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Cent_Party

Another death toll to the riot - you don't need a gun to murder people. Democary - Comnmunism these are blank words, stop the (riot) protest, stop the violence is what matters

70 years old is MURDERED by HK "democracy" protesters.

The elder janitor, among other civilians, are cleaning roadblocks/bricks/trashes left by protesters. Those young protesters then find out the cleaning and get angry and immediately start attack the civilian and throwing bricks at them.

Some civilian fights back, the elder, while did not direct participate in fight(in the video he seems like recording the protesters), was hit by an aimed brick from the Protesters side, fall into deep comatose. The civilians then called ambulance and admit him to PoW Hospital where he was diagnosed brainstem death.

9 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Oh now you want three ways because two is not enough?

And you have the cheek to quote Wiki as a source of information for the good of the truth?

Harvard disproved the wu mao army theory five years ago. Do keep up.

On 11/12/2019 at 6:16 AM, gk10002000 said:

I almost flew Cathay Pacific airlines back in July and August when I went from Los Angeles to BKK  because I wanted to try their Premium Economy class as compared to EVA which I usually fly.  Luckily I stayed with EVA since the Cathay airport was in turmoil, EVA connects from LAX to Taipei.   It was a close call because EVA was just getting over an airline worker strike.

I was in the aug 5th airport closure. It was pretty bad. 16 hours stuck and i had to book airasia out. Cathey abandoned me in the airport provided nothing, after a 14 hour flight. The riots have really blown up since and i was really angry then. My anger is still at the thugs and cathey as well. Personally i do not care anything about hong kong and never will go to that airport again. Cathey sucks. 

Archived