BANGKOK
brobro2424

8 day overstay on 30 day exemption.

After 20 odd visits with no overstays I've completely overlooked my 30 day exemption ended 8 days ago. I'm now in chiang mai wondering whether I should visit immigration or just pay the overstay when I leave the country from savarnabhumi in 3 days. 

I understand the issues of checking in hotels if I wait to pay the overstay in the airport.

Any constructive advice appreciated.

• Haha 2

I'd just pay on your departure.

• Like 1

500 baht/day adds up

DONT get caught in a roundup on an overstay....

• Like 2

Pay the fine at the airport. (Never risk trying to resolve an overstay at immigration with an overstay of more than a week.) Live like a hermit until your departure. You cannot afford to get arrested while on overstay.

• Like 1

Leave the country as soon as possible and avoid being arrested which will have a heavy ban.

Pay the fine at the airport.

• Confused 1

Don't worry, it's only a 4000 baht fine, a stamp in your passport and a note in the immigration system!

20,000 Baht maximum fine when you depart.

Many people have months of overstay and don't even care about if they get banned when they decide to leave. But if you stay longer than 3 months then it is a 1 year ban before you can come back to Thailand.

OP. I'd change hotel (assuming the present one did a TM30) to a guesthouse that don't require a passport to check in.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kilt said:

I don't understand... you want to go to immigration to turn yourself in and pay the fine you've accrued so far and yet you want to overstay even longer and remain until Nov 14... Will you tell them that? "Oh... and can I pay until Nov 14 as that's when I'm planning to leave"? How do you think that's going to go?

I will apply for a visa extension. It will cost more than the extra 3 days overstay but it will be safer.

just go to cm immigration office

fill in the form put 6k in your passport and they will sort it