Anyone checked out these new TCL P8 TV"s yet? Pretty amazing!

giddyup

On 11/11/2019 at 11:41 AM, GarryP said:

Probably many more people are buying Samsung, so with that much larger number of purchases, you are certainly going to get a larger number of complaints (unless the product is perfect, which is highly unlikely of any brand). It would be interesting to compare purchaser experience on a percentage scale for a full range of electrical/electronic products. I think that would give a more accurate picture.  

Exactly. Never had a problem with any Samsung I own, ever, in 11 years living here.  As Samsung is a major builder of Apples I'd think that shows a story.

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

A question for those that have UHD and 4K Tv's, 

where do you find the content that you can view

in UHD and 4K ?, 

regards worgeordie

I've noticed that the UHD symbol pops up sometimes on some Netflix shows.  You have to have the 420 baht per month plan.  A couple of nature documentaries were amazing, but in general I don't notice much of a difference.  

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

Exactly. Never had a problem with any Samsung I own, ever, in 11 years living here.  As Samsung is a major builder of Apples I'd think that shows a story.

One swallow does not a summer make.

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

A question for those that have UHD and 4K Tv's, 

where do you find the content that you can view

in UHD and 4K ?, 

regards worgeordie

You can find many 4K and HD videos on YouTube. I like documentary and travel reports. If I render 4K videos to 3D on my 65" LG TV they look great. Rendering of HD to 3D is okay but not so good. I also have a 3D Blue Ray player and a 3D photo camera and record also videos in 4K. So enough sources to justify a 4K TV at least for me. I also get a lot of HD contents from German TV stations and this here in Thailand. 

1 minute ago, Beggar said:

If you want to connect headphones look that you can plug them in. Many TVs don't provide this. Don't mix this up with Audio Out. There you normally can't adjust the volume. 

No problem if you use Bluetooth.

3 minutes ago, Beggar said:

If you want to connect headphones look that you can plug them in. Many TVs don't provide this. Don't mix this up with Audio Out. There you normally can't adjust the volume. 

Can't imagine that many people using headphones that aren't wireless these days.

23 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Can't imagine that many people using headphones that aren't wireless these days.

I am one of them and also all my friends don't use wireless headphones. We all prefer earphones and here wired is a simple solution. 

Have owned many TVs over the years - Samsung, TCL, HiSense, Panasonic, LG, Aldi, etc etc.

Last I heard TCL in USA is manufactured there, and is much better than the TCLs the rest get from wherever.

The cheap models are cheap for a reason - picture quality and support/service being the main ones.

The larger the screen the better quality you want - small cheapies are fine.

Play a genuine 4K movie on a cheap big screen and the picture will just not be great - depth of colour and black tones in particular.  The 'better' brands include very good software and hardware components for picture rendering.  But 'genuine' OLED TVs are the next big thing - but too expensive right now.  If you can get a good brand/model cheaply then go for it and wait 2-3 years - otherwise get a cheapie and wait.  Top end OLEDs will come down in price eventually - they are the bees knees when it comes to the future of direct and streaming vids/movies/TV in 4K.  Dont waste money on 8K - that is so far off as to be ridiculous - marketing <deleted> and best avoided.    

Over the years I found that LG and Samsung offer the best models in terms of quality and support. Buyers tip - wait for a new model range to be released or about to be released, and then go find last year's models on sale - but be quick - so is everyone else ????

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cheeryble said:

OPENING POST:

TCL have released these new model 4K UHD Android TV's with voice activated remote and 3 year warranties. Am seriously considering this 50 inch model for 11,000 baht, absolute bargain.

Actually they come up at 11,990

Numchai (Pattaya) has it for 10990 baht.

9 hours ago, giddyup said:

Numchai (Pattaya) has it for 10990 baht.

Thanx but cheapest now is 55inch at 13990.

still an option if I could understand the "android" part

i read up a little and wonder what/ presume if it’s a limited android. Must read more or props YouTube best

Archived