Mercedes Benz driver gives ambulance the finger after refusing to get out of the way

webfact

In this case I would have shoved that benz sideways.

The PIT maneuver (Pursuit Intervention Technique), or TVI (Tactical Vehicle Intervention) is a pursuit tactic by which a pursuing car can force a fleeing car to turn sideways abruptly, causing the driver to lose control and stop.

6 minutes ago, johng said:

If you watch the video you can clearly see the number plate

woo hoo... thanx for thAT 

image.png.b33c529d0ce6daca4596d4843d9a6317.png 

I was way off, with that ***-7342 result, and will dump the photo editor!

Where'd you find the video from??

Where'd y

Edited by tifino

I have seen this stuff from folk driving sheds, it seems to be something to do with "face".....Do folk let you out of side turnings, do folk let you complete your three point turn, do folk let you cross a congested road....Nope...????

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Years ago, back in Indiana, where a person died in an ambulance, when some Benz driver refused to yield, they quickly passed, and STRICTLY enforced a new law.  Refuse to yield for ANY emergency vehicle and their dash cam will get your license plate number, and within 24 hours you will be in jail, with NO BOND, and an automatic $10,000 fine, loss of license for one year, and 30 days in jail - No matter WHO you are

that's 3 years ago. count 30 years from now and nothing close to that will be enforced here. TIT

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Barry343 said:

Everyone is blaming some rich Thai driver, I have never seen a Thai use this finger salute, so maybe it was Westerner and not a Thai.

Looking at the colour of the arm, I thought it was a farang...Hmmmmm..????

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

I hope the police pay this scum a visit real soon.

They won’t. And if they do it will just be to collect a big fat brown envelope. After which they will fine him the token 500 baht and probably make a big media spectacle of that, like “look at us doing our job!”

• Like 2

The video clearly showed the licence plate of the car. 

A leading lawyer called Decha said that in this case the driver could be prosecuted for being insulting in public. ( change to mandatory prosecution)

That could lead to them being jailed for a month or face a 10,000 baht fine or both. 

He called for the police to issue a summons immediately. ( LOL they will get " dont you know who I am".)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Decha said that in this case the driver could be prosecuted for being insulting in public. 

How about for obstructing an ambulance in an emergency situation!? 

This <deleted> needs to be made an example of publicly. Pants pulled down and flogged / have some veggies thrown his way. Until then too many turds like this will not learn their lesson. 

Sadly, it ain't what you know it's who. Especially in LoS.

4 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Public flogging would sort this problem out instantly????

Serious shaming with several different photo from different angles published on social media and mainstream TV news programs with details of the drivers address would be worth a try.

7 minutes ago, dpeti73 said:

if you own a <deleted>ty old Mercedes like this mean you are a big man here?

urban legend ..

If you own this old Rolls Royce, who are you ?

a very , very big man ?

Have a look at the plate which is , maybe , more expensive than the Rolls ;

and who owns this vehicle?

To a motorcycle dealer in Phangkhon, Sakon Nakhon province

P7040627_Phangkhon (Copy).JPG

3 hours ago, silverhawk_usa said:

I agree this is ridiculous and needs to be punished. BUT; the emergency vehicles here only exacerbate the problem when they drive around at low speeds, and for many non emergencies, with their lights flashing.
I was passed on a main road by two pickup trucks with fully geared SWAT team in the back.  Yes, the vehicles said SWAT team.  I passed them back when they stopped on the side of the road at noodle stand.  

I've also seen somchais in a pickup with emergency lights as brake light...and along the roads i see emergency lights at many roadside stalls as well...

4 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Years ago, back in Indiana, where a person died in an ambulance, when some Benz driver refused to yield, they quickly passed, and STRICTLY enforced a new law.  Refuse to yield for ANY emergency vehicle and their dash cam will get your license plate number, and within 24 hours you will be in jail, with NO BOND, and an automatic $10,000 fine, loss of license for one year, and 30 days in jail - No matter WHO you are

The way it should be

• Like 1

This is below third-world mentality. I hope one day he gets to ride in an ambulance. Maybe then - just maybe - he'll understand why people need to get out of the way of one. And why is the number plate blurred? Should've left it untouched for everyone to see. Make this insufferable git famous!

Edited by outsider