Thai honesty: Man praised for leaving note about accident

webfact

Thai honesty: Man praised for leaving note about accident

8pm.jpg

Thai caption: "DIDN'T FLEE!" after a collision

Thai social media was full of great praise for a Thai man who left a note on a car that he damaged in a minor collision. 

The note read: "Sorry about this but I damaged your car. I waited for you for ages but I had to go and sell stuff. Here's my phone number". 

The two parties later got together and it was all settled amicably as both were insured. 

The person who owned the damaged vehicle praised the man greatly - this was echoed by posters. 

Thaivisa notes that in most countries such an incident would be unlikely to make the news; in Thailand it went a shade of viral!

The ejan.co caption also proclaimed in a bright red color that the person who did the damage "DIDN'T" flee the scene!

Source: ejan

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-11

45 minutes ago, bangkokfrog said:

Congratulations to the driver. I suspect that most people (both in Thailand and abroad) would have simply driven off given a chance to get away unseen. 

Although there was a story from UK about the guy who came back to his car, found a big dent in the door and a note under the wiper that said  People are watching me writing this, smiling and thinking I'm leaving my telephone number but I'm not.

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

Although there was a story from UK about the guy who came back to his car, found a big dent in the door and a note under the wiper that said  People are watching me writing this, smiling and thinking I'm leaving my telephone number but I'm not.

Exactly same thing happened in my local public car park... except one of the people watching took his licence plate, he hung around for the driver to return, walked up to him to check what the note said...

he gave the driver the guys licence plate number & said he also took a mobile/video of the guy writing the note.

Love to have seen his face later when the cops called by!

Not wanting to be overly negative,

but hey c'mon,

its minor damage that looks like it could be buffed out with wax, or at worse, the panel "pulled" out with suction.

I really must wonder, if he had wiped out half the vehicle, would he have hung around or left a letter?

2 hours ago, mok199 said:

I think I am going to throw up...before you give him a medal of honour , consider  this...mabey someone was watching and he was just covering his own ass...

I recall back in May when I was on holiday in another province, someone came over to my car and advised me that my car brushed up against the car opposite me (one way) as I was reverse parking, much to my surprise, I didn't even feel it and I left a note with my number on the car window, it was a smudge of my white paint on his black paint, no dents or real damaged, I think a buff would have got rid of it, it was an old car, but hey I did the right thing.

A week went by, a month, then months, and I still haven't had a call, I think I must have given him a wrong number as I haven't had a call.

16 hours ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

Are you for real? It happens here all the time! 

And once again a Thai Visa poster doesn't bother actually reading what I write, but instead makes up their own stuff so they can reply with something snappy. God this is getting old.

Just to spell it out for you since your reading comprehension doesn't seem to be what it should be: I never wrote "This never happens in Thailand". Instead, I wrote "I have not seen this many times in Thailand".

Do you understand the very significant difference between the two?

Archived