update on requirements for Multi-Entry Non "O" visa based on marriage to Thai please

I know that this has been asked before for previous years but what are the latest updates for applying for a Multi-Entry Non "O" visa based on marriage in Suvannahket. Everything that I have seen is from 2018. What are the latest requirements?

Same.  http://www.thaiembassy.org/savannakhet/th/services/9736/106945-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O"-(For-the-purpose.html

1. Visa application form [Download] which is completely filled out and signed by the applicant
  2. Original passport or travel document (must not expire within 180 days and contain at least two complete empty visa pages) and A copy of passport (The page (s) shows the applicant's photo, name, date, and place of birth and the expiration date of passport)
  3. Two (2) photos of the applicant (3.5 x 4.5 cm, taken within 6 months)
  4. An original and a copy of marriage certificate or an original and a copy of official birth certificate of child
  5. A copy of Thai house registration of spouse / parent or child
  6. A copy of Thai ID card of spouse / parent
  7. A copy of passport of spouse / parent
  8. Visa Fee
  • Like 1

Thanks for that Lopburi 3. I went to renew my Marriage extension today at Khon Kaen and the officer was not even interested in what the police order states about average monthly income. He was not even interested in looking at the bank statements. The wife was with me and he would not even listen to her when she tried to get him to look at the statements.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Russell17au said:

I went to renew my Marriage extension today at Khon Kaen and the officer was not even interested in what the police order states about average monthly income. He was not even interested in looking at the bank statements. 

That's interesting. Phuket are also refusing extensions based on marriage if monthly foreign income is used - even if that income exceeds 40K/month and can be proven with bank statements.

• Confused 1

Thanks for that Lopburi 3. I went to renew my Marriage extension today at Khon Kaen and the officer was not even interested in what the police order states about average monthly income. He was not even interested in looking at the bank statements. The wife was with me and he would not even listen to her when she tried to get him to look at the statements.

Believe the requirement is letter from bank; just as for bank deposit, rather than having them read bank statements.  But believe they are normally expecting a work permit and local employment/payslips to use income method.

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Believe the requirement is letter from bank; just as for bank deposit, rather than having them read bank statements.  But believe they are normally expecting a work permit and local employment/payslips to use income method.

It looks like that has even changed now because someone on the local forum here has just replied that he has a dependency extension because he has sole custody of his Thai daughter and he has a work permit and pays tax but his extension renewal was not accepted on the income system and he has been forced to deposit 400,000 baht in the bank even though his pay is well above what is required. I had a spread sheet from the bank that listed all the deposits with the code plus a total for the year with the average monthly amount listed and that was not accepted, so he did not have to do much work to look at that. Maybe there is more to this than meets the eye. It appears that I am not the only person that is facing this problem as there are others from other immigration officers saying the same thing plus one person that is working was also rejected . With the health insurance on the O-A visa now basically forcing those onto the O visa with an extension based on retirement with the requirement of the money coming into Thailand and then if they will not accept any income system then everyone is being forced to have the lump sum money in a Thai bank. So they want all foreigners to have their money in a lump sum in a Thai bank or leave Thailand. It would work out a lot of money for the Thai banks and the Thai government to play with.

How many monthly transfers showing the came from abroad did you have?

How near 40k baht were they?

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Many offices will accept the bank statements. I did mine with 13 months of bank statements and my bank book showing over 2 years of transfers when I did mine in August. And a standard letter from the bank confirming my account.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

How many monthly transfers showing the came from abroad did you have?

How near 40k baht were they?

13 x 4 weekly payments as the Australia pension is paid every 4 weeks. 38,000 to 41,000 but there were 13 payments for the year and when divided by 12 it came out around the 43,000 per month. All my payments come direct from the Reserve Bank in Australia to my Bangkok Bank account here, it does not go through any commercial bank as the Reserve Bank is the government bank

12 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

13 x 4 weekly payments as the Australia pension is paid every 4 weeks. 38,000 to 41,000 but there were 13 payments for the year and when divided by 12 it came out around the 43,000 per month. All my payments come direct from the Reserve Bank in Australia to my Bangkok Bank account here, it does not go through any commercial bank as the Reserve Bank is the government bank

They apparently are not following what is written clearly in the police order that a average income is allowed.

17 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Did you present your Thai bank book along with the required letter from your Thai bank and a yearly statement also from said Thai bank?

Edited by mosan
Clarity

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They apparently are not following what is written clearly in the police order that a average income is allowed.

and it appears that I am not the only one having problems with this a other things. One is a man with sole custody of his daughter who is working and paying his tax here had his extension application refused even thou he had all the documents that proved his income so he had to deposit 400,000 in the bank and another one is that a bedridden mans wife did his 90 day report and had the same I/O as me and he told her that her husband had to attend in person and he claimed that her husband being bedridden was not on the system and the woman had to get a doctors certificate and photos and take back but when she took them back she saw a different I/O and was told that she did not need those things because her husbands problems are on the system, so what is this coming to. I have until 3 December on what I am going to do. I can pack up and leave Thailand and my wife until I can get her a residents visa for Australia which takes up to 2 years, take my wife and move to Vietnam or somewhere else or see if I can get a Mutli Entry Marriage Visa from Suvannakhet. They are the only options that I seem to have.

8 minutes ago, mosan said:

Did you present your Thai bank book along with the required letter from your Thai bank and a yearly statement also from said Thai bank?

Yes, and also a spreadsheet from the bank on bank letterhead showing each transfer plus the total amount plus the average monthly amount

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Or is it a case that they want everyone of the income system and on the seasoned money in the bank system

2 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Yes, and also a spreadsheet from the bank on bank letterhead showing each transfer plus the total amount plus the average monthly amount

Between me and you, I don't think the spreadsheet had any effect on your cause.  However, if the money had been deposited into your overseas account and "once a month" you did one transfer for each of the past 12 months from your overseas bank into your Thai bank account...then they would only have to look at 12 deposits--each with an amount above the required 40k.  

Are you following me?  I think you over complicated things for them...

5 minutes ago, mosan said:

Between me and you, I don't think the spreadsheet had any effect on your cause.  However, if the money had been deposited into your overseas account and "once a month" you did one transfer for each of the past 12 months from your overseas bank into your Thai bank account...then they would only have to look at 12 deposits--each with an amount above the required 40k.  

Are you following me?  I think you over complicated things for them...

That is why the police order states average monthly income because when the income letters were stopped is was shown that the 3 countries involved all paid their pensions differently so the provisions were made to cover that problem. Also if I must open an Australian bank account and have my pension paid into that then transfer the money each month to my Thai bank account I am hit with fees in Australia plus fees for the transfer plus it pays at a lower exchange rate. At present the only fee that I have is my annual fee with the Bangkok bank and the money is transferred at the current exchange rate with no fees added to it

38 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No surprise there.  Not following what is clearly written in their rules seems to be the Modus Operandi just about everywhere in the Land of Smiles now  (unfortunately).

5 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Same.  http://www.thaiembassy.org/savannakhet/th/services/9736/106945-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O"-(For-the-purpose.html

1. Visa application form [Download] which is completely filled out and signed by the applicant
  2. Original passport or travel document (must not expire within 180 days and contain at least two complete empty visa pages) and A copy of passport (The page (s) shows the applicant's photo, name, date, and place of birth and the expiration date of passport)
  3. Two (2) photos of the applicant (3.5 x 4.5 cm, taken within 6 months)
  4. An original and a copy of marriage certificate or an original and a copy of official birth certificate of child
  5. A copy of Thai house registration of spouse / parent or child
  6. A copy of Thai ID card of spouse / parent
  7. A copy of passport of spouse / parent
  8. Visa Fee

Number 7 ?? Never Been asked for That......

Just now, Russell17au said:

That is why the police order states average monthly income because when the income letters were stopped is was shown that the 3 countries involved all paid their pensions differently so the provisions were made to cover that problem. Also if I must open an Australian bank account and have my pension paid into that then transfer the money each month to my Thai bank account I am hit with fees in Australia plus fees for the transfer plus it pays at a lower exchange rate. At present the only fee that I have is my annual fee with the Bangkok bank and the money is transferred at the current exchange rate with no fees added to it

I totally understand your situation.  But it's up to the immigration officers if they want to deal with averaging out your deposits.  And I doubt they would trust anyone's math (spreadsheets included) except their own. 

I have yet to read about any one individual showing deposits less than 40K getting approved.  Now that's not to say that it hasn't happened, because people rarely report good news.  I'm just saying...police order or not, complication in this environment is not good.

41 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

and it appears that I am not the only one having problems with this a other things. One is a man with sole custody of his daughter who is working and paying his tax here had his extension application refused even thou he had all the documents that proved his income so he had to deposit 400,000 in the bank and another one is that a bedridden mans wife did his 90 day report and had the same I/O as me and he told her that her husband had to attend in person and he claimed that her husband being bedridden was not on the system and the woman had to get a doctors certificate and photos and take back but when she took them back she saw a different I/O and was told that she did not need those things because her husbands problems are on the system, so what is this coming to. I have until 3 December on what I am going to do. I can pack up and leave Thailand and my wife until I can get her a residents visa for Australia which takes up to 2 years, take my wife and move to Vietnam or somewhere else or see if I can get a Mutli Entry Marriage Visa from Suvannakhet. They are the only options that I seem to have.

see if I can get a Mutli Entry Marriage Visa from Suvannakhet. ......You CAN,Without The financial Requirements,That is the EASY Way !!

9 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Number 7 ?? Never Been asked for That......

Don't believe normally asked (passport of spouse) but perhaps if spouse with you it might be (perhaps rather than ID card) - just as 20k could be asked both by a Consulate and border crossing.

Can somebody give me an update from applying a single entry NON O visa based on marriage in Vientiane,i see on the website a copy of the passport of the spouse,very strange is it not enough with the Thai ID card,and i know for multi entry i need prove 6 months a bank statement at least 100.000 baht on bank account and a letter from the bank confirming my account is it also for a single entry the same rules,i see also an original letter from the applicant's Thai spouse,what's they mean with this,and after 60 days in Thailand can i extend this visa to marriage visa for one year without border runs in the immigration office where i live.Ask they also a prove from the embasy that i am retired?Thank you for your answers

11 hours ago, vivananahuahin said:

Can somebody give me an update from applying a single entry NON O visa based on marriage in Vientiane

You will need your marriage certificate and a copy of it. Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card signed by her.

At the most the might want to see the equivalent of 20k baht in a bank account.

They do not issue multiple entry non-o visas. 

14 hours ago, Russell17au said:

The previous 2 years has increased to 4 years for your wife to get an Australian visa showing the majority of time in Australia and the costs have grown.

18 hours ago, Russell17au said:

So you're saying that a 400K deposit in a Thai bank is the only way accepted now?

9 minutes ago, EricTh said:

So you're saying that a 400K deposit in a Thai bank is the only way accepted now?

No he is not. The problem he had was that his local office did not accept a average income that is allowed according to the rules.

I did mine using my income in August by showing a bank statement and my bank book that showed more than 40k baht coming in.

14 hours ago, Russell17au said:

I can pack up and leave Thailand and my wife until I can get her a residents visa for Australia which takes up to 2 years, take my wife and move to Vietnam or somewhere else or see if I can get a Mutli Entry Marriage Visa from Suvannakhet. They are the only options that I seem to have.

I would suggest going to the Thai Consulate in HCMC, a little bit more expensive but a lot less hassle. I went there last week and got ME Non O on marriage, no financials required.

At the consulate one in front of me so had to wait outside for about 7 or 8 minutes then inside straight to the window, handed in the application, paid the fee, got the receipt and out in less than 10 minutes. Collected the passport the following day, all very quick, it was raining and as I had umbrella I was first in but the last guy waiting was out before our taxi came, done everyone in about 15 minutes.

If you want any info send pm.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I would suggest going to the Thai Consulate in HCMC, a little bit more expensive but a lot less hassle.

Why is it less hassle than Savannakhet?  Savannakhet can be reached by land - no need for flights.  Savannakhet payment can be made in Baht (HCMC requires USD).  Savannakhet paperwork is one less than HCMC (letter from spouse requesting issue).

I agree HCMC is great for many people, but so is Savannakhet.  

So  basically, here in Thailand there are plenty of immigration rules, but they are interpreted differently depending on the immigration officer and where he/she is located. Seems kind of crazy to a lot of us, right? 

Well, I think I at least somewhat understand this system now. Let's say Rule "A" is interpreted differently by officers in Phuket and Chiang Mai. Why are they not interpreted the same? Because the rules themselves are vague and it would be an insult (resulting in loss of face) to the officer in Chiang Mai if an officer from Phuket called him and claimed he was interpreting the rule incorrectly. Therefore, no phone call and nothing changes! 

The REAL leaders of the country, whoever they are, can't be operating in this way. For instance, let's say a military matter of life and death came up. The matter would need to be resolved professionally or somebody might get killed, right?