Jump to content
BANGKOK
Russell17au

update on requirements for Multi-Entry Non "O" visa based on marriage to Thai please

Recommended Posts

I know that this has been asked before for previous years but what are the latest updates for applying for a Multi-Entry Non "O" visa based on marriage in Suvannahket. Everything that I have seen is from 2018. What are the latest requirements?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same.  http://www.thaiembassy.org/savannakhet/th/services/9736/106945-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O"-(For-the-purpose.html

  1. Visa application form [Download] which is completely filled out and signed by the applicant
  2. Original passport or travel document (must not expire within 180 days and contain at least two complete empty visa pages) and A copy of passport (The page (s) shows the applicant's photo, name, date, and place of birth and the expiration date of passport)
  3. Two (2) photos of the applicant (3.5 x 4.5 cm, taken within 6 months)
  4. An original and a copy of marriage certificate or an original and a copy of official birth certificate of child
  5. A copy of Thai house registration of spouse / parent or child
  6. A copy of Thai ID card of spouse / parent
  7. A copy of passport of spouse / parent
  8. Visa Fee
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for that Lopburi 3. I went to renew my Marriage extension today at Khon Kaen and the officer was not even interested in what the police order states about average monthly income. He was not even interested in looking at the bank statements. The wife was with me and he would not even listen to her when she tried to get him to look at the statements.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Russell17au said:

 I went to renew my Marriage extension today at Khon Kaen and the officer was not even interested in what the police order states about average monthly income. He was not even interested in looking at the bank statements. 

That's interesting. Phuket are also refusing extensions based on marriage if monthly foreign income is used - even if that income exceeds 40K/month and can be proven with bank statements.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Russell17au said:

Thanks for that Lopburi 3. I went to renew my Marriage extension today at Khon Kaen and the officer was not even interested in what the police order states about average monthly income. He was not even interested in looking at the bank statements. The wife was with me and he would not even listen to her when she tried to get him to look at the statements.

Believe the requirement is letter from bank; just as for bank deposit, rather than having them read bank statements.  But believe they are normally expecting a work permit and local employment/payslips to use income method.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Believe the requirement is letter from bank; just as for bank deposit, rather than having them read bank statements.  But believe they are normally expecting a work permit and local employment/payslips to use income method.

It looks like that has even changed now because someone on the local forum here has just replied that he has a dependency extension because he has sole custody of his Thai daughter and he has a work permit and pays tax but his extension renewal was not accepted on the income system and he has been forced to deposit 400,000 baht in the bank even though his pay is well above what is required. I had a spread sheet from the bank that listed all the deposits with the code plus a total for the year with the average monthly amount listed and that was not accepted, so he did not have to do much work to look at that. Maybe there is more to this than meets the eye. It appears that I am not the only person that is facing this problem as there are others from other immigration officers saying the same thing plus one person that is working was also rejected . With the health insurance on the O-A visa now basically forcing those onto the O visa with an extension based on retirement with the requirement of the money coming into Thailand and then if they will not accept any income system then everyone is being forced to have the lump sum money in a Thai bank. So they want all foreigners to have their money in a lump sum in a Thai bank or leave Thailand. It would work out a lot of money for the Thai banks and the Thai government to play with.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Russell17au said:

Thanks for that Lopburi 3. I went to renew my Marriage extension today at Khon Kaen and the officer was not even interested in what the police order states about average monthly income. He was not even interested in looking at the bank statements. The wife was with me and he would not even listen to her when she tried to get him to look at the statements.

How many monthly transfers showing the came from abroad did you have?

How near 40k baht were they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Believe the requirement is letter from bank; just as for bank deposit, rather than having them read bank statements.  But believe they are normally expecting a work permit and local employment/payslips to use income method.

Many offices will accept the bank statements. I did mine with 13 months of bank statements and my bank book showing over 2 years of transfers when I did mine in August. And a standard letter from the bank confirming my account.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

How many monthly transfers showing the came from abroad did you have?

How near 40k baht were they?

13 x 4 weekly payments as the Australia pension is paid every 4 weeks. 38,000 to 41,000 but there were 13 payments for the year and when divided by 12 it came out around the 43,000 per month. All my payments come direct from the Reserve Bank in Australia to my Bangkok Bank account here, it does not go through any commercial bank as the Reserve Bank is the government bank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

13 x 4 weekly payments as the Australia pension is paid every 4 weeks. 38,000 to 41,000 but there were 13 payments for the year and when divided by 12 it came out around the 43,000 per month. All my payments come direct from the Reserve Bank in Australia to my Bangkok Bank account here, it does not go through any commercial bank as the Reserve Bank is the government bank

They apparently are not following what is written clearly in the police order that a average income is allowed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

13 x 4 weekly payments as the Australia pension is paid every 4 weeks. 38,000 to 41,000 but there were 13 payments for the year and when divided by 12 it came out around the 43,000 per month. All my payments come direct from the Reserve Bank in Australia to my Bangkok Bank account here, it does not go through any commercial bank as the Reserve Bank is the government bank

Did you present your Thai bank book along with the required letter from your Thai bank and a yearly statement also from said Thai bank?

 

Edited by mosan
Clarity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They apparently are not following what is written clearly in the police order that a average income is allowed.

and it appears that I am not the only one having problems with this a other things. One is a man with sole custody of his daughter who is working and paying his tax here had his extension application refused even thou he had all the documents that proved his income so he had to deposit 400,000 in the bank and another one is that a bedridden mans wife did his 90 day report and had the same I/O as me and he told her that her husband had to attend in person and he claimed that her husband being bedridden was not on the system and the woman had to get a doctors certificate and photos and take back but when she took them back she saw a different I/O and was told that she did not need those things because her husbands problems are on the system, so what is this coming to. I have until 3 December on what I am going to do. I can pack up and leave Thailand and my wife until I can get her a residents visa for Australia which takes up to 2 years, take my wife and move to Vietnam or somewhere else or see if I can get a Mutli Entry Marriage Visa from Suvannakhet. They are the only options that I seem to have.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mosan said:

Did you present your Thai bank book along with the required letter from your Thai bank and a yearly statement also from said Thai bank?

 

Yes, and also a spreadsheet from the bank on bank letterhead showing each transfer plus the total amount plus the average monthly amount

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They apparently are not following what is written clearly in the police order that a average income is allowed.

Or is it a case that they want everyone of the income system and on the seasoned money in the bank system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Yes, and also a spreadsheet from the bank on bank letterhead showing each transfer plus the total amount plus the average monthly amount

Between me and you, I don't think the spreadsheet had any effect on your cause.  However, if the money had been deposited into your overseas account and "once a month" you did one transfer for each of the past 12 months from your overseas bank into your Thai bank account...then they would only have to look at 12 deposits--each with an amount above the required 40k.  

 

Are you following me?  I think you over complicated things for them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...