update on requirements for Multi-Entry Non "O" visa based on marriage to Thai please

14 hours ago, mosan said:

Between me and you, I don't think the spreadsheet had any effect on your cause.  However, if the money had been deposited into your overseas account and "once a month" you did one transfer for each of the past 12 months from your overseas bank into your Thai bank account...then they would only have to look at 12 deposits--each with an amount above the required 40k.  

Are you following me?  I think you over complicated things for them...

Im in Khon Kaen and when this all started I went in to ask them about it. They told me they wanted a deposit every month of at least 40k and the bank letter showing this. I dont think they they care about averages or multiple deposits. If you do one deposit every month for min 40k I dont think you will have a problem. I do know that there are others who have received an extension with the 40k/ month deposits in Khon Kaen.  Ive been using the 400k option as TW made one deposit not FTT. Before I used to transfer 80-200k at a time. But not every month. I know now that doesnt work. They were adamant when they told me start transfer 40k every single month. Agree they should take the average of the monthly deposits as the police order says. But argue with them usually isnt going to get you anywhere. Try the 40 every month. That should be good next time.

9 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Why is it less hassle than Savannakhet?  Savannakhet can be reached by land - no need for flights.  Savannakhet payment can be made in Baht (HCMC requires USD).  Savannakhet paperwork is one less than HCMC (letter from spouse requesting issue).

I agree HCMC is great for many people, but so is Savannakhet.  

Have to agree to disagree on that. I have been to Mukdahan and wouldn't want to make the journey again, far less cross over into Laos.

It would be up to each to make a judgement depending on where they live. For me it is 40 minutes to the airport, about 1.5 hours flight, 30 minute bus into town and walk to hotel. Flight was 3810 baht return & 30 baht on the bus, no brainer.

16 hours ago, Russell17au said:

That is why the police order states average monthly income because when the income letters were stopped is was shown that the 3 countries involved all paid their pensions differently so the provisions were made to cover that problem. Also if I must open an Australian bank account and have my pension paid into that then transfer the money each month to my Thai bank account I am hit with fees in Australia plus fees for the transfer plus it pays at a lower exchange rate. At present the only fee that I have is my annual fee with the Bangkok bank and the money is transferred at the current exchange rate with no fees added to it

It is a bit awkward, I'm doing SWIFT transfers here, current average (GBP equiv. as its an FCD) yesterday was 40012 baht per month (6 months since I started monthly transfers), arriving in the account, but I have to send money here anyway, so it's probably only costing me a few extra transfer charges, I reckon it is costing about 600 baht per transfer. Long may the setup with the bank continue, as some of the of the other banks have higher charges, and some do not have this feature on the online banking.

I'm sending one of my pensions, 12 months after it was paid, I'll just have to hope the pound will go up ever so slightly (or at least not drop), so the indexing will take it clear above the 40000 average...

Thankfully I'm not reliant on having an extension at present.

2 hours ago, johnjohn2 said:

Im in Khon Kaen and when this all started I went in to ask them about it. They told me they wanted a deposit every month of at least 40k and the bank letter showing this. I dont think they they care about averages or multiple deposits. If you do one deposit every month for min 40k I dont think you will have a problem. I do know that there are others who have received an extension with the 40k/ month deposits in Khon Kaen.  Ive been using the 400k option as TW made one deposit not FTT. Before I used to transfer 80-200k at a time. But not every month. I know now that doesnt work. They were adamant when they told me start transfer 40k every single month. Agree they should take the average of the monthly deposits as the police order says. But argue with them usually isnt going to get you anywhere. Try the 40 every month. That should be good next time.

It is all so strange, I'm currently committing 487344 baht via 12 monthly transfers, to be sent electronically to Thailand of which a current average of >480144 baht per 12 months arrives in the account, but it would not be sufficient Vs 400000 baht. (Should be sufficient to demonstrate the means to stay in the country though you would anticipate?)

I'll have to ask the son what he learned at school today, when I pick him up ???? .

3 hours ago, linno2 said:

The previous 2 years has increased to 4 years for your wife to get an Australian visa showing the majority of time in Australia and the costs have grown.

He's talking about a partner visa which is approx a 2 year wait.

23 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Why is it less hassle than Savannakhet?  Savannakhet can be reached by land - no need for flights.  Savannakhet payment can be made in Baht (HCMC requires USD).  Savannakhet paperwork is one less than HCMC (letter from spouse requesting issue).

I agree HCMC is great for many people, but so is Savannakhet.  

Another thing that should be taken into account is that Vietnam is visa exempt for some of us, Laos is $35 and a page out of your passport.

I have a general question about the house registration document needed for obtaining a Marriage Visa. I am planning to get married shortly and my girlfriend and I rent a house here in Thailand. My girlfriend and her son were added to the owner’s house book and we submitted it to the amphur and it was processed. 
can we submit a copy of this as proof?

Does my girlfriend/wife sign the copy in blue ink?

Does the owner also need to sign this copy and provide a copy of owner id?

14 minutes ago, regularguy said:

I have a general question about the house registration document needed for obtaining a Marriage Visa. I am planning to get married shortly and my girlfriend and I rent a house here in Thailand. My girlfriend and her son were added to the owner’s house book and we submitted it to the amphur and it was processed. 
can we submit a copy of this as proof?

Does my girlfriend/wife sign the copy in blue ink?

Does the owner also need to sign this copy and provide a copy of owner id?

Only a copy of you wife's house book registry is needed and she is the only one that needs to sign it. Blue ink is best since it makes it obvious that it is not a copy of her signature on it.

2 minutes ago, gosmk10 said:

Is it still that 400000 should be in the bank 2 months before applying

and does it have to stay in for long after you get the visa

No financial proof is needed to apply for a multiple entry non-o visa at Savannakhet.

The 400k baht for 2 months is needed to apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage at a immigration office. There is no requirement to keep the 400k baht in the bank after you get your one year extension stamp.

I am confused .. As always

The post was for multi entry non o that is to visit Thai wife correct ?

Reading the replies it looks like the topic has changed to marriage visa which is " oa visa " is that correct ?..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ifmu said:

Reading the replies it looks like the topic has changed to marriage visa which is " oa visa " is that correct ?..

A OA visa is only issued to those 50 or over for retirement. There is no is such visa for marriage.

A non-o visa based upon marriage is often incorrectly called a marriage visa.

• Like 1

If you would go back to the original post and Lop Buri's answer he gives a list of what is required at Savanaaket Immigration for a non o. There is no mention of finacials. If applying for a non o based on marriage to a Thai or supporting a Thai child financials are not required