Difference between a None O and a None O -A

7 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Clear to me that as OA does not require  financials other than 20k cash and permits 1-2 years stay TI are concerned that medical costs are not covered during that period whereas an O is converted to an extension based on 400k or 600k pa or 40k or 65k pm after 90 days covering medical costs. Believe this is the rationale.

rationale is a strange word to use when the subject is Thai immigration. and its 800,000 thb in the bank or 65,000 thb per month

On 11/12/2019 at 8:22 AM, Langsuan Man said:

What is reported here appears to be correct, but, when you go to either the Thai Embassy, Washington DC website or the New York Consulate web site, they both list only two "reasons" for an "O" Visa : Visit to Family and Volunteering, nothing is said about "retirement" as reported here //

15 hours ago, john terry1001 said:

The London Thai Embassy provides a little more detail:

"O"   To visit family or friends in Thailand, voluntary job, retirement, medical treatment, to attend judicial process, to work as diplomat's housekeeper

//

Retirement is no more a "reason" to get a Non O on the new Visa Online system that "soon" will have to be used in most countries...

UK is supposed to use this online system already, so unsure how London can still allow a Non O on Retirement ?? :ermm: … and for how long ...

4 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Retirement is no more a "reason" to get a Non O on the new Visa Online system that "soon" will have to be used in most countries...

UK is supposed to use this online system already, so unsure how London can still allow a Non O on Retirement ?? :ermm: … and for how long ...

It is according to the London Thai Embassy's website.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html#6

•  

• Non-Immigrant Type (Retirement (pensioner aged 50 or above with a state pension who wants to stay in Thailand for no longer than 90 days) - single entry only)
  •  
  • Financial evidence e.g. A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000
  • Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland

•  

58 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Would depend on Extension type. 

I was replying to a post where the poster posted this

13 hours ago, steve187 said:

extension based on 400k or 600k pa or 40k or 65k

so my post was just a correction of what was posted, there are no 600,000 thb extensions

On 11/12/2019 at 4:27 PM, wwest5829 said:

FYI

We would like to inform all our clients currently holding a retirement visa that a recent change on immigration rules has been made regarding mandatory health insurance. 

The Health insurance will be mandatory, as you may already know, for all holders of Non Immigrant O-A visa's when doing their yearly extension. What's new is that the health insurance certificate can also be requested on your return from an oversea trip. 

A few people recently have been refused entry on their Non Immigrant O-A visa because they were not able to provide the health insurance certificate and were only granted a 30 days visa upon arrival. 

General information:

Non immigrant O-A visa: Is a Visa obtained from a Thai embassy/consulate usually from your home country before entering Thailand. The visa is valid for a year. You are usually requested to present medical certificate, criminal record, and financial statement to apply for this visa. 

Health insurance required when applying, extending and now coming back from an oversea trip. (eventually can be requested when doing a 90 days report) 

Non immigrant O visa: This visa can also be obtained from a Thai embassy but it is only valid for 3 months. Requirement is usually limited to financial statement.
This Visa can also be obtained from within Thailand at the local Thai immigration. 

Health insurance not required. (for now) 

We understand that you might not remember or know which type of visa you are currently holding. If you have any doubt and require assistance on your next move please feel free to get in touch with us by coming to the office with your passport, give us a call 088-2580139 or send us an email [email protected] 

Best regards,
Rhys

The health insurance required on the O-A only applies to visas granted after 31st of October 2019.  Visas granted before that date do not require the insurance.

8 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

The health insurance required on the O-A only applies to visas granted after 31st of October 2019.  Visas granted before that date do not require the insurance.

Like many immigration related things, different offices are deciding how the health insurance requirement is being enforced. What I posted is what has been reported in Chiang Mai (some other offices are reporting the same and I note that some Royal Thai Embassies are stating that Extensions of Stay based on an original NON IMM O-A Visa state all will be required to have the medical insurance).

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

That is not the way the rule is being interpreted and implemented in Chiang Mai, here, all O-A extensions require health insurance.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, saengd said:

That is not the way the rule is being interpreted and implemented in Chiang Mai, here, all O-A extensions require health insurance.

How about the airport I wonder. Are people with O-A Visas issued pre Oct 31st still being vetted wrt insurance?

On 11/11/2019 at 5:22 PM, Langsuan Man said:

What is reported here appears to be correct, but, when you go to either the Thai Embassy, Washington DC website or the New York Consulate web site, they both list only two "reasons" for an "O" Visa : Visit to Family and Volunteering, nothing is said about "retirement" as reported here

1683702239_Ovisa.png.3232d5c64997ff2d67f4c6a7e5be00b1.png

Thank you ! That is exactly what usa Thai embassy shows and what I understood.... Reading through this I had to disagree with a lot of it but I figured that the Replies were in regards to other situations and that the errors were from incomplete or ambiguous statements but I guess I will monitor this thread

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2019 at 10:52 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

OA and OX visas are long-stay visas, and you need to be over 50 to get one.  An O visa is for 90 days and anyone can get one for a variety of reasons (retirement, marriage to a Thai, having a Thai kid, etc.).  Both OA and O visas can be extended.

Usa here I am getting O Visa Thai wife. And will be getting a single entry O. ..  Now my question

I will get 90 days straight ? ( w/o 30 day ext)?

What happens at extension time.. How long /procedures ?

Next question

What consulate out of Thailand Sea has 1 year visa.?    Vientanne does not have them

Thanks ..

54 minutes ago, ifmu said:

Yes

Before the 90 day stay from the O expires you visit immigration and get a one year extension of stay, Probably best to get local procedure and required documents from local immigration office as they can vary, but usually 800k in thai bank for 2 months etc.

What consulate out of Thailand Sea has 1 year visa.?    Vientanne does not have them

Presume you mean an OA visa, A 1 year OA visa can only be applied for in your home country so no other consulates will have a 1 year visa that you can get.

Edited by Peterw42

8 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes

Before the 90 day stay from the O expires you visit immigration and get a one year extension of stay, Probably best to get local procedure and required documents from local immigration office as they can vary, but usually 800k in thai bank for 2 months etc.

Presume you mean an OA visa, A 1 year OA visa can only be applied for in your home country so no other consulates will have a 1 year visa that you can get.

You changed my Visa's I am on o with Thai wife .. I am not changing visa s. So this help does not apply. But thanks

1 hour ago, ifmu said:

Usa here I am getting O Visa Thai wife. And will be getting a single entry O. ..  Now my question

Next question

Thanks ..

Clarification. The one year visa is available as a multi entry purchase for 200.00 USD. .. And hopefully avail at local Thai embaszy

53 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

He is married to a Thai so he could apply for an extension based upon marriage that only requires 400k baht in the bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

54 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I think he may mean a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai. He could get one in Savannakhet.

39 minutes ago, ifmu said:

Clarification. The one year visa is available as a multi entry purchase for 200.00 USD. .. And hopefully avail at local Thai embaszy

As I wrote in my post you can get a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet for a fee of 5000 baht.