Help finding a normal girlfriend in Bangkok

johnx1

1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:

No offence friend...but I have never met a Thai girl...normal as you say...or otherwise that could be trusted...just one man experience over many years...????

I do feel sorry for a guy like yourself ,but my wife of 20 yrs i trust with my life ,she is my best friend ,a truly hard worker and is a whiz around the home .my family in the UK absolutely love her .Also i have quite a few friends who have great wives ,one is very ill and his wife does everything for him , but then my friends usually met their wives through business or through other friends they had here in Thailand ,where most of us have has business at one time or another.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its all relative i guess my one attempt with a thai girlfriend was on the outside respectable a teacher, almost a director. But behind the scenes she had two other boyfriends and as i didnt speaker her language she could run rings around me. You hear about these amazing stories of loyal women but bear in mind a lot of those people are supporting their wives. Take away that support and would they have a wife in the first place. Money is part of the culture. Personally i recommend another type of asian. If your looking for a traditional woman from a christian faith go filipino. They all speak english, heavy american influence and all religious, but not so its annoying. Thai women arent traditional they are buddhist, and its difficult to see whats in their mind.

thats my opinion

Dont know about the OP,

but newbies are always making the mistake of looking online.

I'd estimate nearly 80% are freelancers, and of the other, probably 19% have a bargirl mentality anyway.

Many, many moons ago, you could find a higher class of Thai online, but now that all of em are online (via smartphone) the tide has turned.

You are certainly better to:

- learn some basic Thai.

- avoid tourist zones, find suburban/local eateries/clubs/tawandangs

where working class Thais hang out.

Looking for a "normal" Thai woman? Look around "normal" environments. Years ago, before I married my wife, when I visited Thailand, I met many, very sweet, young ladies, at places like stores and "normal" restaurants, all away from the shiny path. If you hang out Silom, Sukhumvit, or Pattaya, your odds of finding "true love" are minimal.

I have never been one to pick up women at bars and clubs. I know of nothing but disastrous outcomes from friends that developed relationships with women met at these places.

I was lucky. I met my wife in the States,. She just happened to be Thai. As far as money is concerned, my income has been cut by 60% since moving to Thailand. But, because of her frugalness, I have saved more than ever before. And, as far as money passing between family members goes, I am definitely in the black! 

And, as far as the virtue of filipino girls goes, I have 2 close friends who's retired fathers were bankrupted by filipino caretakers.

14 minutes ago, pookondee said:

- learn some basic Thai.

I don't know who it was, but there was a post from someone on here a few month back ... he stayed out of the tourist areas and lived more far out, near factories, and met all the office girls when they went out with their friends in the evenings ... 

He posted about this in detail and definitely had figured out the best way to meet nice girls with regular jobs, not carrying so much baggage with them or having hidden agenda's.

3 minutes ago, RedPill said:

I don't know who it was, but there was a post from someone on here a few month back ... he stayed out of the tourist areas and lived more far out, near factories, and met all the office girls when they went out with their friends ... 

... he definitely had figured out the best way to meet nice girls with regular jobs, not carrying so much baggage with them or having hidden agenda's.

I think that would be true.

But in reality, in every environment you will still find Thais are looking to "better their status" with a foreigner.

Its just the way of all females everywhere really.

Most all Thais have heard stories where Johnny Farang has bought them house, cars, bikes, etc etc

even after a year or so.

So, the guys looking to "Go Dutch" or think they will get free accomodation or shared expenses, or whatever..

really are barking up the wrong tree in Thailand!

1 minute ago, pookondee said:

So, the guys looking to "Go Dutch" or think they will get free accomodation or shared expenses, or whatever..

really are barking up the wrong tree in Thailand!

Going Dutch is one thing ... you are definitely on the wrong continent, part of the world, in Asia for that.

I think every man wants to provide for his girl/woman/family ... it's just the silly & costly game of being played from the girls family in the background which is the real problem. 

27 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Going Dutch is one thing ... you are definitely on the wrong continent, part of the world, in Asia for that.

I think every man wants to provide for his girl/woman/family ... it's just the silly & costly game of being played from the girls family in the background which is the real problem. 

You nailed it. 

Im guessing there must be countries where females would be happy with just a provider for themself..and maybe 1-2 kids..

without the demands, luxuries, lending/supporting all and sundry, family and sometimes even handouts to village folk.

It certainly aint here tho!

This is an interesting thread.

17 minutes ago, pookondee said:

You nailed it. 

Im guessing there must be countries where females would be happy with just a provider for themself..and maybe 1-2 kids..

without the demands, luxuries, lending/supporting all and sundry, family and sometimes even handouts to village folk.

It certainly aint here tho!

I do worry about this  demand for family support  in my future, even though my GF and o have had an extensive talk on this subject.   Not sure if she understands that  our future de po ends on this next egg or she sees it as a pot of gold.  But I will walk  if she gets greedy. My fallback is the weekly rental program. 

As it happens I broke all the rules.  I met her in BKK and on Suk.  Its hard to believe such a good girl can exist like her.  Normal? No.   What is normal in your home country?  

What age is op? And what age does he seek?  Where does he work? Where does he plan to live? Is his income normal? For Thailand  or his home country?  

I have not used  dating sites for over a year but I found many good women.  I skipped over the obvious working girls and ones with sexy dress amd poses or bedroom poses. I skipped the ones with pictures taken all over the region on trips I'm fancy fashion.  I found many Good  ones  as in very high morals,  maybe they lied but many said only had 1-2 lovers before. Educated, good jobs, cars, house,  land.   Some had debt.  Met some poor ones too who worked so hard  but seemed so nice.  But as one guy said these dating sites are addictive and I couldn't just pick  one.  Then one day  walking by an xmas display on Suk I spied a gal and belined to her.  Not sure what I saw but natural selection took over.  

2 hours ago, johnx1 said:

Good question well... Well everyone is obviously different I suppose... I find Thai woman more exotic and unique because of the Thai culture. However what I am trying to figure out is if they are trustworthy. I mean say if I fell in love and got married and paid dowry and spent time organizing etc... and we both made a promise to have kids in the future and etc. What are the chances of her deceiving me?

Does this depend on certain circumstances???

if so what would they be???

And why would Filipinos make a better catch???

What do you find unique about Thai culture?....Thais are Asian and Burmese, Khmer's, Flippers all look similar as in exotic....A Filipina that is working in BKK, will speak fluent English, have a sense of humour, similar ideals and goals....ask a Thai who Hitler was, or where France is on a map....you got no chance of them coming close...Seriously, I could never date/live with or even be attracted to a Thai girl....thats just me

Try Tinder. Half an hour on Tinder is enough to have dates every evening for a week. 

On Tinder you will mainly find ladyboys, prostitutes and Thai women who are unable to find someone because they are mentally ill.

But if you continue then you will encounter someone. It takes some time. But I thought it was a nice way to meet a lot of people.

59 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

Try Tinder. Half an hour on Tinder is enough to have dates every evening for a week. 

On Tinder you will mainly find ladyboys, prostitutes and Thai women who are unable to find someone because they are mentally ill.

But if you continue then you will encounter someone. It takes some time. But I thought it was a nice way to meet a lot of people.

Yup. Thai women who are not mentally ill, have good jobs and families, and are not prostitutes are generally not available unless you are a well to do Thai guy.

That's not to say you can't meet some stunning girls and have fun, because you certainly can.

3 hours ago, pookondee said:

Dont know about the OP,

but newbies are always making the mistake of looking online.

I'd estimate nearly 80% are freelancers, and of the other, probably 19% have a bargirl mentality anyway.

Many, many moons ago, you could find a higher class of Thai online, but now that all of em are online (via smartphone) the tide has turned.

- learn some basic Thai.

A girl of 40 that worked in our office....always on Thai lovely and love links..had loads on the go, met one in the car park, he gave her 12k for a new phone...what a plonker

5 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

What do you do in your country to find a girlfriend? Same same in Thailand. 

I go to a bar or nightclub, same same as Thailand to meet people of the different sex. 

or find them in a climbing hall/site, or other activities Im found of. All depends where I am and what I do. 

Most have to much negativity agains bar girls in Thailand, and quite a few of them is able to be the best gf or wife you will ever meet, you just have to have the common sense to find it. You need the right nose for the job ???? 

What do you call normal?

Despite all the nonsense you read on Thai visa, supporting Thai woman is a way of life, applies to Thai men as well. 

All it boils down to is how much is expected.

To meet one from middle to upper class you also have to be middle or upper class, which means having a suitable car and accommodation and a job.

Despite the popular myth spread on Thai visa, "good" girls are in no hurry to be seen with a foreigner unless there is some financial benefit, so if it is really a "good" girl you have to be on the same level as her and her family.

That is not to say there are no nice Isaan girls, but they come with expectation of "support"

Of course you can take advise from pensioners who came to Thailand at the age of 50 and found wonderful Thai girls 1/3 of their weight and at least half the age who just loves and adores him and he does not give her a cent or you can listen to someone who moved here at the age of 25, speaks good enough Thai and has been working with Thai for past 20 years.

Just to give you some ideas, i dated national marketing manager for a multi national, she would take 2-3 day holiday every month and go for a holiday to South Africa or fly to do some shopping in New York.

Buying original Gucci was just regular weekend shopping, eating out with wine dinner for 2, 4000 baht was expected and this was 18 years ago. Yet when she would take me shopping in her car where company paid for petrol she would expect me to fill up the tank, FULL TANK.

I dated a teacher, had her own condo and her own car, weekend getaway to Pattaya, she was expecting and demanding to stay in 5 star resorts, 6500 baht per night and this was 15 years ago. Nights out ONLY to some exclusive Thai clubs where a bottle would cost 4000-5000 baht.

Latest gf, was a real estate office manager, salary about 45000 per month, not include commissions, forget eating street food, even somtam had to be from 1 specific place, and it was 150 baht.

So you pay either way, difference is when she is from the bar, her expectation are much lower and at least she knows what to do in bed

18 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I go to a bar or nightclub, same same as Thailand to meet people of the different sex. 

or find them in a climbing hall/site, or other activities Im found of. All depends where I am and what I do. 

Most have to much negativity agains bar girls in Thailand, and quite a few of them is able to be the best gf or wife you will ever meet, you just have to have the common sense to find it. You need the right nose for the job ???? 

I like flirting around. Not more, because I am married. So I was very friendly and nice to my dentist, she is working in a good clinic. She was young, beautiful and more than friendly to me when we talked. Then I told her, after I realized that I could get a problem, that I am married. She was surprised and a bit sad, but it was ok for her. I am sure that we would come together if I would be a single.

What I want to say: most people don´t try to meet a girl/lady on their level. They search at the wrong places and never dare to ask successful women for a date. I am married with a chef, she worked before in a 5* hotel, another friend is married with a lawyer and another one with a manager in a high position.

58 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Yup. Thai women who are not mentally ill, have good jobs and families, and are not prostitutes are generally not available unless you are a well to do Thai guy.

That's not to say you can't meet some stunning girls and have fun, because you certainly can.

Oh wow! How can you tell they're mentally ill if you don't speak the lingo? Is there a training course or an 'Idiots Guide' book?

Farang men need to know!

2 hours ago, baansgr said:

What do you find unique about Thai culture?....Thais are Asian and Burmese, Khmer's, Flippers all look similar as in exotic....A Filipina that is working in BKK, will speak fluent English, have a sense of humour, similar ideals and goals....ask a Thai who Hitler was, or where France is on a map....you got no chance of them coming close...Seriously, I could never date/live with or even be attracted to a Thai girl....thats just me

Amazing coincidence! That's two of the three, critical questions I used to vet Mrs NL's suitability as a wife. Luckily she knew all about Hitler and amazingly she could read a world atlas. She got my name wrong in the answer to the third question though, so I punished her by letting her sleep in the wet spot.

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Most have to much negativity agains bar girls in Thailand, and quite a few of them is able to be the best gf or wife you will ever meet, you just have to have the common sense to find it. You need the right nose for the job

Everything is in the eyes, at first glance can see the snake.
A girl with a calf look in her eyes it's good material .

If you are a young professional based in Bangkok with a high paying salary then you might just get yourself a normal young woman, same as back home except Thai.

But if you are a middle aged westerner or retired man then you are only likely to meet a Thai woman who comes with baggage ... divorced, single mother, etc. 

8 hours ago, johnx1 said:

I currently am looking for a normal Thai girl for a relationship.

Normal and girl in the same requirement. Tough mission.

First ....  check the basics. Two arms two legs , torso and head. If these are all present and in proportion that's half the battle won.

What's between the ears ( should be located on sides of  head ) is a whole other ball game and requires a lot of careful study.

5 hours ago, BestB said:

Just to give you some ideas, i dated national marketing manager for a multi national, she would take 2-3 day holiday every month and go for a holiday to South Africa or fly to do some shopping in New York.

Buying original Gucci was just regular weekend shopping, eating out with wine dinner for 2, 4000 baht was expected and this was 18 years ago. Yet when she would take me shopping in her car where company paid for petrol she would expect me to fill up the tank, FULL TANK.

I dated a teacher, had her own condo and her own car, weekend getaway to Pattaya, she was expecting and demanding to stay in 5 star resorts, 6500 baht per night and this was 15 years ago. Nights out ONLY to some exclusive Thai clubs where a bottle would cost 4000-5000 baht.

Latest gf, was a real estate office manager, salary about 45000 per month, not include commissions, forget eating street food, even somtam had to be from 1 specific place, and it was 150 baht.

So you pay either way, difference is when she is from the bar, her expectation are much lower and at least she knows what to do in bed

You were dating what I would call hiso's. Or they thought they were hiso's. I have no problem believing your cost figures.

Loso's have exactly the same wants and needs, with lower funding expectations. Their physical equipment is no different. Some are just as beautiful as any hiso. They don't all come from bars.

While I am now settled with my Thai GF, before that I never had a Thai woman who did not know what to do in bed.

11 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You were dating what I would call hiso's. Or they thought they were hiso's. I have no problem believing your cost figures.

Loso's have exactly the same wants and needs, with lower funding expectations. Their physical equipment is no different. Some are just as beautiful as any hiso. They don't all come from bars.

While I am now settled with my Thai GF, before that I never had a Thai woman who did not know what to do in bed.

Only one was a hiso, other 2 were wanna be hiso's, point was it cost money either way.

For your comment about knowing what to do in bed, we all have different expectations and experiences ????

23 hours ago, ThaidDown said:

Why would a 'normal' girl want anything to do with a man who has probably been bedding everything in sight ?

Because her husband is bedding everything in sight, and a farang husband/bf have much more money to spend on her. Forget 'love'!

19 hours ago, baansgr said:

i really do question whether or not any of you have actually been to the philipines or experienced a Philippine girlfriend.

And bangkok is NO career track for anyone worth their salt in the phils.

Archived