New tourist routes open in Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan

webfact

New tourist routes open in Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan

By The Nation

800_d21bba7d22c1c24.jpg?v=1573459308

The Designated Areas for Sustainable Tourism Administration (Dasta) in collaboration with the private sector and local agencies has launched four tourism routes in Phetchaburi and Prachuap Khiri Khan with the aim of generating income and improving quality of life at the community level.

dasta@four%20south%202.jpg

Suthep Kuasang

Dasta’s Deputy Director, Suthep Kuasang said that four tourism routes were suitable for the disabled, pregnant women and the elderly.

“In addition to distributing tourist revenue, we want to encourage local people to develop their infrastructure to welcome tourists in a sustainable way,” he said, adding that 5-10 per cent of the revenue would go towards establishing a fund in each community for scholarships and to help the elderly.

dasta@four%20south%203.jpg

“We want to diversify tourism by encouraging tourists to visit different communities as the statistics show that 60 per cent of them still visit the same attractions time and time again,” he added.

dasta@four%20south%204.jpg

Phetchaburi and Prachuap Khiri Khan are well-known to tourists worldwide for their beaches and national parks. Both provinces also offer eco-tourism, historical tourism, agriculture tourism and recreation tourism spots, as well as tourist attractions under the Royal Projects.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30378234

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-11-11

19 hours ago, poohy said:

PKK is a nice town hardly a throbbing tourist hub though, it fills up with elderly snowbirds over winter the disabled and elderly should fit in quite nicely... the pregnant ones not so sure

Looking from Hua Hin, it surprises me that PKK isn't bigger, more popular and more visited than it is. Better public access to Ao Manao would help, but the 3 Bays in general trump anything north of say Khao Kolok for beaches and general access to the sea.

I just got back from Muang PKK 2 days ago. Its the second time I went, and it reminded me of a small Central California Coast town with the mountains that you get in the gulf of Thailand. Lovely location, quiet, and a slow pace of life. I've got a feeling this PR campaign along with other's venturing further south will make this a more popular location in the future. Then PKK and soon to be Chumphon will no longer be the idyllic locations they once were.

On 11/11/2019 at 9:44 AM, poohy said:

PKK is a nice town hardly a throbbing tourist hub though, it fills up with elderly snowbirds over winter the disabled and elderly should fit in quite nicely... the pregnant ones not so sure

It has a great festival with music  fireworks and dancers

Archived