BANGKOK

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes it is closed. 

The location is now home to a very excellent fairly priced authentic Chinese restaurant called Lv Yuan. 

Highly recommended. 

This is why I started the thread, "Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?" to give people the heads up when establishments are closing, or have closed.   

• Like 1

20 hours ago, topt said:

Funny as I thought most of that thread was devoted to your thoughts on why places were going to close and arguing with others who disagreed with your theories - pretty much like the yawn inducing high season thread.......:whistling:

No, I started the thread so people can post when one of their favorite places was closing, so others would know. 

Of course, there's no problem discussing why establishments close. 

Now we know Bruno's is closed, and has been replaced by a Chinese restaurant.  Much in the same way we are seeing many new Indian restaurants.

Do you like dim sim and / or curry?  🤣

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Leaver said:

No, I started the thread so people can post when one of their favorite places was closing, so others would know. 

Of course, there's no problem discussing why establishments close. 

Now we know Bruno's is closed, and has been replaced by a Chinese restaurant.  Much in the same way we are seeing many new Indian restaurants.

Do you like dim sim and / or curry?  🤣

Lv Yuan which replaced Brunos does not have any dim sum. Instead they have a robust menu of Chinese dishes (mostly Cantonese, Taiwanese, and Sichuan I think) and also hot pots. But don't make assumptions about people's favorites. I never had any interest in visiting Brunos even one time. Sometime the closing restaurants are replaced with new restaurants that are people's favorites. So it's not all doom and gloom. Sometimes for some people change is good!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I agree, Western restaurants are closing down and will be a rare sight in a few years if this carries on. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Leaver said:

Did you see the smiley after that comment? 

Yes, sometimes a poor restaurant is replaced by a nicer one.

The thing is, IF you liked Italian cuisine, you have one less choice of restaurant now.  Right?

As more and more Chinese and Indian restaurants pop up, westerners lose choice and variety.  Something I have mentioned in another thread, and what I alluded to with my comment on dim sim and curry. 

I am not overly familiar with the resto scene in Jomtien but I know more about Naklua. 

Little Bella Italia in Naklua Soi 33 closed down recently but a new Sicilian owned place is soon to open on Soi 27. Also, Fusillo have moved up the main road 200 metres to premises double in size from their old location. So in Naklua / North Pattaya the Italian food market remains robust despite further competition from places in Terminal 21 such as Pan Pan.

On 11/14/2019 at 1:30 AM, balo said:

I agree, Western restaurants are closing down and will be a rare sight in a few years if this carries on. 

This is why I started the other thread, so people can find out if their favorite bar / restaurant is still operating.

Some will close, some will survive, and some new restaurants may also open, but I think across the board there will be a net loss of western restaurants and bars over the next few years.

Many western establishments will go down the same path as Bruno's, and converted to cater for the new demographic of tourists. 

• Like 1

Sometimes Indian and Chinese places close as well!

25 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Sometimes Indian and Chinese places close as well!

Indian restaurants almost never close down.....Until about 6-8? months ago my observation was no Indian restaurants close down ever.....But then all then sudden about 7 Indian restaurants closed all at once mostly on 2nd road....

So I will now stick with Indian restaurants almost never close down....

5 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Indian restaurants almost never close down.....Until about 6-8? months ago my observation was no Indian restaurants close down ever.....But then all then sudden about 7 Indian restaurants closed all at once mostly on 2nd road....

So I will now stick with Indian restaurants almost never close down....

Yes they do close sometimes.

Chinese places too also close fairly often. 

Edited by Jingthing

On 11/13/2019 at 9:30 PM, balo said:

The cheap charley restaurants on Soi Bukow are booming....Hard to even get a seat some times.. 

• Haha 2

On 11/11/2019 at 12:36 PM, Leaver said:

This is why I started the thread, "Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?" to give people the heads up when establishments are closing, or have closed.   

We usually know when our favourite bar is closing. The writing has been on the wall for a couple of years for Brunos. Too big  too formal, too many staff and too many items on the menu. The customer demographics have changed. The closure signs went up over 6 months ago.