DSI to request arrest warrant for suspects in Billy’s murder

snoop1130

DSI to request arrest warrant for suspects in Billy’s murder

By THE NATION

800_e532f68a4ffbbff.jpg

Porlajee “Billy” Rakchongcharoen

A source from the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) revealed on Monday (November 11) that its chief, Pol Colonel Paisit Wongmuang had met with the officers investigating the disappearance and murder of Karen activist Porlajee “Billy” Rakchongcharoen at the Kaeng Krachan National Park in Phetchaburi province.

After reviewing all the evidence, the meeting assigned one of its officers to travel to the Criminal Court to request an arrest warrant for Chaiwat Limlikhitaksorn, former superintendent of Kaeng Krachan National Park and 4 accomplices.

Billy was last seen in the park on April 17, 2014, when he was apprehended by Chaiwat, the park’s superintendent at the time, and four other officials for allegedly collecting wild-bee honey illegally. Billy was known to have had a continued dispute with Chaiwat, as the activist encouraged ethnic Karen living in the park to file a complaint against the park chief over alleged abuse.

In April 2019, human bones were retrieved from a submerged 200-litre oil drum found near a bridge leading to the Kaeng Krachan Dam in Phetchaburi. The drum contained two bones, including a piece of skull, which DNA testing identified as belonging to Billy.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30378235

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-11-11

Chaiwat to report to DSI to acknowledge charges related to Billy’s case

chaiwatlim.jpg

Former Kaeng Krachan national park chief Chaiwat Limlikhit-akson said today (Monday) that he will report to the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) tomorrow to acknowledge the charges filed against him in connection with the disappearance and murder of Karen community rights activist Porlajee “Billy” Rakchongcharoen five years ago.

Chaiwat, currently director of Conservation Office 9 in Ubon Ratchathani, two former subordinates, Boontaen Busarakham and Thanaset Chaemthet, and an outsider, Krissanapong Chitthet, have been charged by the DSI with premediated murder, coercion, illegal detention, robbery and tampering with evidence to cover up the crime.

In an interview with Thai PBS, Chaiwat claimed that a police officer in the southern province of Nakhon Si Thammarat had intimidated the wife of Mr. Boontaen in an effort to implicate him as the mastermind behind Billy’s disappearance and murder.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/chaiwat-to-report-to-dsi-to-acknowledge-charges-related-to-billys-case/

thaipbs.jpg

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

After reviewing all the evidence, the meeting assigned one of its officers to travel to the Criminal Court to request an arrest warrant for Chaiwat Limlikhitaksorn, former superintendent of Kaeng Krachan National Park and 4 accomplices.

Dragging the feet or what?

Kaeng Krachan Park ex-chief, 3 others turn themselves in to fight allegations in ‘Billy’ murder case

By The Nation

800_361dd785622bf47.jpg?v=1573544535

Former superintendent of Kaeng Krachan National Park Chaiwat Limlikhitaksorn and three “accomplices” with arrest warrants by the Criminal Court surrendered to the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) on Tuesday morning (November 12) in the murder case of Karen activist Porlajee “Billy” Rakchongcharoen.

Billy was last seen at Kaeng Krachan National Park in Phetchaburi province on April 17, 2014, when he was apprehended by Chaiwat and three of his men for allegedly collecting wild-bee honey illegally. A piece of skull proven to belong to Billy was found in a submerged oil drum near a bridge leading to Kaeng Krachan Dam in April 2019, leading to the issuance of arrest warrants against the four.

The three men are Boonthaen Bussarakham, Thanaseth, or Phaitoon Jaemthes, and Krisanaphong Jitthes.

The four were immediately ushered into the DSI’s investigation room upon their surrender.

Chaiwat told the press before meeting the investigation officer that he and his men would fight the allegation in the murder case and that they have no intention to abscond.

“I am a government official who devotes my life to the protection of the national park,” he said. “However, this allegation has tainted my name and seriously affected my family, while news outlets have made me a bad guy on social media. Therefore, I will fight everyone who accuses me, no matter who they are, as long as I am still standing.”

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30378268

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-11-12

This is so unbelievable as is the way they are handling the investigation. They all should be in prison awaiting trail and not deciding when, where and how they turn up then leave as if they are being accused of parking on a double yellow line and not murder sorry assassination. 

Archived