Does anyone know a competent plumber here?

banagan

I'm having a shower installed in a condo, high floor. First lot, built a shower area, tiled over pipes and had no drain... just a floor. 

New builders need to un-<deleted> their "work" And install a drain... They're in the process of breaking tiles to get to the pipes. 

I just need advice from a competent plumber on how to do this right, so there's no leaking into the neighbors. 

The first attempt has not filled me with confidence. 

Googling plumber Chiang Mai doesn't work... 

11 minutes ago, banagan said:

tiled over pipes and had no drain... just a floor. 

competent isn't a word i'd use for Thai tradesman,  the last condo I stayed in the floor was not sloped correctly as after a shower 1/2cm of water would lay behind the toilet. 

11 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Plumber can do pipes so they do not leak.

Many leaks result from incorrect concrete floor, it requires sealer added to concrete before pouring.

most tiles can be removed without breaking 

Enjoy the ride.

only if they are not stuck properly

12 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Plumber can do pipes so they do not leak.

Many leaks result from incorrect concrete floor, it requires sealer added to concrete before pouring.

most tiles can be removed without breaking 

Enjoy the ride.

Thanks, when you say sealer added to the concrete, is this a waterproof layer above it or something mixed into the concrete?

11 minutes ago, banagan said:

Thanks, when you say sealer added to the concrete, is this a waterproof layer above it or something mixed into the concrete?

It's the plastic wrapping from their lunch that they mix into the concrete!

42 minutes ago, banagan said:

I recall something, a liquid, mixed into the concrete.  It may have been done with your initial installation.  If so no problem unless you are ripping out that concrete or have any leak issues.

since they will be removing concrete to get to the pipes,  probably good to replace with concrete which has sealer in it

generally entire bathroom floors are sealed concrete here 

It is not a waterproof layer on top of the concrete.

Your worker should know and local building supply have what you need.  

On 11/11/2019 at 7:15 PM, steven100 said:

competent isn't a word i'd use for Thai tradesman,  the last condo I stayed in the floor was not sloped correctly as after a shower 1/2cm of water would lay behind the toilet. 

That means you have good luck! Float a krathong on it.

If you live in a condo the condo management should sort everything. They may need a financial inducement to do their job.

If they are not involved, you will be liable if the water leaks into the place below you.

Most Thai bathrooms have a drain somewhere in them, not necessarily under the shower. I just put a rubber mat on the bathroom floor so I didn't slip on the shiny tiles they used. Thais don't seem to understand that non slip tiles need to be used on bathroom floors.

Competent Thai tradesmen 55555555555555555

Archived