Mae Sai after Non-O Multi-entry at Savannakhet

After having successfully obtained a Non-O Multi entry at Savannakhet at the end of last month, I now need help on the procedure at Mai Sai (I live in Phayao) at the end of January. Can I just leave Thailand at Mae Sai and enter Myanmar and turn round and leave Myanmar and enter Thailand. Do I need to buy a Visa-on-entry to enter Myanmar (how much?). Any information from someone who has done this before would be greatly appreciated.

It's 500THB or 10USD, so you should prepare 10USD, this is cheaper.

At the end of the bridge on the right side you have to enter a room with a few Myanmar IOs (most people will not enter there, because they are Thai/Myanmar citizens and use a border pass and not a passport)

In case you don't want to do anything on the Myanmar side you can tell the Myanmar IO that you will go right back to Thailand, then he will give you both the "in" and "out" stamp and you can walk right back. Doesn't take more than a few minutes.

2 hours ago, falang1969 said:

"then he will give you both the "in" and "out" stamp and you can walk right back."

Not any more, you have to walk in to Myanmar turnaround and come back on the other side of the bridge and THEN pick your passport up.

I last did it in mid-September without having to cross to the other side or go to a different office,  The whole process in Myanmar took less than a minute as I went across in the middle of the afternoon.  When did it change?

Make sure that you have the exact amount 500 thb. Last week the Myanmar IO tried to steal my change from the 1000thb that l gave him. First he stated that l would get the change when l picked up my passport but, that did not happen. So, l went back and had to hassle with him to get it back.

Never happened in 10 years of being here. 

3 minutes ago, sateuk said:

Im going tuesday for the non o what is the cost of entering laos please I no the non o is 5000 baht thanks

1,500 baht, but you can pay in dollars, it is a lot cheaper. Depending on what country you come from dictates the cost in dollars. I think it's from 0 to 35 dollars, and must be crispy clean notes.....

19 hours ago, CM Dad said:

I last did it in mid-September without having to cross to the other side or go to a different office,  The whole process in Myanmar took less than a minute as I went across in the middle of the afternoon.  When did it change?

It hadn't changed late october.  They walk you across the road to get stamped out.

5 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

When crossing into Laos/Savannakhet (1500 baht), is it a small stamp or full page sticker that is added to your passport? 

If you get the visa on arrival at Savannakhet, it is a full page. You have the option of applying for an eVisa in advance if you want to avoid this.

• Thanks 1

This was the procedure I experienced just 2 days ago (Thursday 14th November) crossing from Mai Sai to Tachilek. Presented passport, TM6 Departure removed, 4 fingers of right hand and photo taken for biometric system, passport stamped and returned. I have a non-O retirement visa extension with multiple re-entry permit. At Burmese Immigration, passport and 500 baht handed to officer who wrote a receipt. Photo taken. Part of the receipt given to me for exchange for my passport when leaving Burma (Burmese Immigration keep your passport and you collect it on departure).   After 3 hours shopping and sightseeing, collected my passport and returned to Thailand. New TM6 completed which I handed to IO with my passport. More biometric tests. TM6 Departure stapled to my passport which was duly stamped and handed to me. The IO was a very pleasant older lady and commented on my long journey from Khon Kaen Province to Mae Sai. She wished me a good journey home. No mention at all if I had completed an inter-provincial TM30. The 2 hotels I stayed in both copied my passport when I checked in. Now back home with no intention of going to my local IO. I have never completed a TM30 or done a 90-day report in many years as I regularly travel outside Thailand and use TM6. Please note, the Thai Immigration Office at the border in Mae Sai has downsized the facilities for processing "Foreign Passports" and, from what I saw, due to a distinct lack of business compared to recent years.