BANGKOK
snoop1130

Over 1,300 factories were up for sale or out of business in first 10 months of 2019

11 hours ago, yogi100 said:

That same beer in the same bar was 130 baht the last time I was in Pattaya in July.

Oh boy, 10 baht! That's it, no more girly drinks!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Disagree!!! 
every thing is good and 1000 baht package and 100 package is working DEE ( translated GOOD ) 

Not worry 🤨

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Many manufacturers in any country have parts of their part supply chain outside of the country, that is entirely normal.

There are a good number of Chinese companies coming here, especially to areas like Thai Chinese Industrial Estate by Amata, they cannot get land quick enough. Obviously a tiny % of companies moving from China to Thailand is a flood given the differentials in the size of the market.

The economy is not great at the moment in Thailand and around the World, but to claim there are no Chinese companies locating here shows you have pretty limited knowledge on the subject.

And i also believe that China labor rates are actually higher than Thailand now.

How much of this currently is to do with Mr Trump playing hardball with China over trade?

I saw a documentary a while ago about how Mr Clinton pushed so hard for China to be admitted to the WTO.

They called Bill "Chump of the Century" over this!?

I'm no big fan of Trump, but I can see where he's coming from on this stuff.

Edited by Andrew65
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

How much of this currently is to do with Mr Trump playing hardball with China over trade?

I saw a documentary a while ago about how Mr Clinton pushed so hard for China to be admitted to the WTO.

They called Bill "Chump of the Century" over this!?

I think a lot and many far more knowledgeable people than me predict it will get worse before it gets better.

I believe some of the EEC scheme is positive and needed, but they have been fairly lucky it has coincided with Donald doing his thing with China.

Manufacturing in China is getting far more challenging though, so they are not exactly helping themselves.

7 minutes ago, British Bulldog said:

I heard that the BIG Boys don't want to invest in a Country ruled by the Military, (past tense), especially after what happened to the Aussie Gold company who got kicked out with no formal explanation from the Thai Government, and the fight still goes on between the Aussie investor with help from the Aus. Govern. against the Thai Govern.

Which BIG Boys are you referring to?

I think investing in manufacturing here is a far cry fro the complex issues surrounding mineral deposits and state concessions.