Electricity cost to average Bt3.64 per unit for Jan-Apr 2020 period

snoop1130

Electricity cost to average Bt3.64 per unit for Jan-Apr 2020 period

By The Nation

800_98c90c4d173a5dd.jpg

Narupat Amornkosit

The Office of the Energy Regulatory Commission of Thailand (ERC) will fix the fuel adjustment cost at Bt11.60 per unit, resulting in an average electricity cost of Bt3.64 per unit (VAT not included) for electricity bills during the January to April 2020 period.

ERC secretary-general Narupat Amornkosit said the commission will use a budget of Bt6.85 billion to manage the adjustment because the comparison between the estimated fuel cost from September to December 2019 and the current fuel cost was less than expected.

The budget consists of Bt264.97 million in fines slapped on power plants that cannot comply with their contacts and an absence of natural gas, and Bt6.6 billion of financial management in accordance with the criteria.

“There are many factors which causes the FT [fuel adjustment cost] value to improve better than the previous period, such as falling gas prices and currency appreciation,” Narupat said. “Since we aim to reduce the public’s cost of living and support the overall economy so that it improves, we will continue managing the FT by fixing the value for the next four months.”

FT management during the January to April 2020 period will take into consideration factors such as demand, proportion of fuel usage, fuel price trends, and the average exchange rate.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30378243

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-11-11

10 minutes ago, lust said:

I’m drunk right now. Can someone translate if I will pay more Or less money please..

direct to PEA you would pay slightly less ....  

If your renting a condo it won't make any difference as the unit rate would already be set.

10 hours ago, steven100 said:

direct to PEA you would pay slightly less ....  

If your renting a condo it won't make any difference as the unit rate would already be set.

Correct me if i am wrong, but i thought it's illegal for condo to set the rates.

23 minutes ago, MasterBaker said:

Correct me if i am wrong, but i thought it's illegal for condo to set the rates.

Since when did illegal count for anything?

It seems to me that most foreigners (not all but most) come to Thailand so that they can pursue illegal activities. drink and drive, no helmet, take drugs, vape, pay for prostitutes, smoke in restaurants and so on.

So why should the Thais be any different?

I do not know about condos, but I am paying 8 baht per unit plus VAT to the people that supply my electricity.

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The budget consists of Bt264.97 million in fines slapped on power plants that cannot comply with their contacts and an absence of natural gas, and Bt6.6 billion of financial management in accordance with the criteria.

So they have already collected the fines ?the Bt6.6 billion part

what does that mean ?

regards Worgeordie

44 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

It seems to me that most foreigners (not all but most) come to Thailand so that they can pursue illegal activities. drink and drive, no helmet, take drugs, vape, pay for prostitutes, smoke in restaurants and so on.

I do not know about condos, but I am paying 8 baht per unit plus VAT to the people that supply my electricity.

I must be in the minoroty as I have NEVER pursued and illegal activity, NEVER driven after drinking, NEVER driven a motorcycle, NEVER taken drugs, NEVER smoked in a restaurant, NEVER vaped.......so only one of the vices mentioned, and I have been coming here since 2002.

If you are happy paying Bht 8 for a unit of electricity, why not also pay 200% for a litre of petrol, or twice as much for a bowl of noodles. You are NOT paying to the people who supply your lekky, you are paying your landlord.

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

I must be in the minoroty as I have NEVER pursued and illegal activity, NEVER driven after drinking, NEVER driven a motorcycle, NEVER taken drugs, NEVER smoked in a restaurant, NEVER vaped.......so only one of the vices mentioned, and I have been coming here since 2002.

If you are happy paying Bht 8 for a unit of electricity, why not also pay 200% for a litre of petrol, or twice as much for a bowl of noodles. You are NOT paying to the people who supply your lekky, you are paying your landlord.

Like you do;

maybe it's easier for me because i don't drink alcool and don't smoke ... ( neither before nor after :cheesy: )

6 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Nothing wrong driving without helmet, there is something called take your own decisions, but one must also take consequences of it.

Driving on red light,drunk driving,driving the wrong way, illegal u-turn, reckless driving etc etc that's a problem because it can cause problem for unguilty people.

I never had a accident in Thailand, been here more then 6 years, never had any problems with the locals, but I have had plenty of problems with local expats who complain to much, usually I only ignore them.

21 minutes ago, Totoandlilly said:

Prostitution should be legal just like the sex capitals of Europe, amesterdam and hamburg.

Nothing wrong with it

Actually, it's a big fifferense. Customers in Europe don't marry the prostitutes, whilst in Thailand some of them do, sometimes with bad consequences.

7 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Here in Samui I also pay 8 baht per Kwh.

40 minutes ago, pennine said:

Here in Samui I also pay 8 baht per Kwh.

Here in the jungle of udon I pay about 4.7b per kw and as a landlord charge 5b to three bungalows as I run 20 security night lights and every time they turn a tap on for free water from the well it runs 2 pumps.

ive heard of other landlords charging 7-8b and it's just a plain rip off as usual.

On 11/11/2019 at 8:15 PM, snoop1130 said:

The Office of the Energy Regulatory Commission of Thailand (ERC) will fix the fuel adjustment cost at Bt11.60 per unit, resulting in an average electricity cost of Bt3.64 per unit (VAT not included) for electricity bills during the January to April 2020 period.

Note that the VAT is applied against the consumer's total electric bill that would include (for example) cost of fuel, plant O&M, transmission and distribution (T&D) to point of usage.

VAT applied to cost of fuel and plant O&M by privately-owned electric power plants I can understand. 

But the transmission and distribution system is state-owned (EGAT). 

EGAT's capital and operations budget is paid by Thai taxpayers.

What justifies a VAT on T&D costs? It seems in effect double taxation.

Archived