BANGKOK
snoop1130

Electricity cost to average Bt3.64 per unit for Jan-Apr 2020 period

7 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Since when did illegal count for anything?

It seems to me that most foreigners (not all but most) come to Thailand so that they can pursue illegal activities. drink and drive, no helmet, take drugs, vape, pay for prostitutes, smoke in restaurants and so on.

So why should the Thais be any different?

I do not know about condos, but I am paying 8 baht per unit plus VAT to the people that supply my electricity.

Here in Samui I also pay 8 baht per Kwh.

40 minutes ago, pennine said:

Here in Samui I also pay 8 baht per Kwh.

Here in the jungle of udon I pay about 4.7b per kw and as a landlord charge 5b to three bungalows as I run 20 security night lights and every time they turn a tap on for free water from the well it runs 2 pumps.

ive heard of other landlords charging 7-8b and it's just a plain rip off as usual.

On 11/11/2019 at 8:15 PM, snoop1130 said:

The Office of the Energy Regulatory Commission of Thailand (ERC) will fix the fuel adjustment cost at Bt11.60 per unit, resulting in an average electricity cost of Bt3.64 per unit (VAT not included) for electricity bills during the January to April 2020 period.

Note that the VAT is applied against the consumer's total electric bill that would include (for example) cost of fuel, plant O&M, transmission and distribution (T&D) to point of usage.

VAT applied to cost of fuel and plant O&M by privately-owned electric power plants I can understand. 

But the transmission and distribution system is state-owned (EGAT). 

EGAT's capital and operations budget is paid by Thai taxpayers.

What justifies a VAT on T&D costs? It seems in effect double taxation.