Changing £ Sterling to Baht in Bangkok

One place is called Super Rich - they have a chain of exchange booths, you can find the website and locations via Google.

There are actually 2 different Super Rich companies (orange booths and green booths) both are different companies but both offer good exchange rates.

7 hours ago, NightSky said:

One place is called Super Rich - they have a chain of exchange booths, you can find the website and locations via Google.

There are actually 2 different Super Rich companies (orange booths and green booths) both are different companies but both offer good exchange rates.

The blue-themed Grand SuperRich in Rajdamri 1  is the third part of their empire.

Vasu Exchange (Sukhumvit Soi 7/1 and a few other locations) is also highly recommended but there is so little difference between the various exchanges' rates that, unless you're changing large amounts, travelling around doesn't make a lot of sense. 

There's nothing much wrong with the normal banks' rates or the other exchanges found at some BTS stations.

This is the original superrich who conveniently have an exchange bureau in the basement of Suvarnabhumi airport where the airport rail link is. Their exchange rate is, however, 30 satang less than the head office, e.g., today: 38.90/38.60:

https://www.superrichthailand.com/#!/en/exchange#rate-section

But If u have a Thai bank account, why not send your money via Transferwise which is  more convenient and much safer (I would be uneasy leaving an exchange in BKK with a large amount of cash in my pocket). Their net rate today compared to those above is 38.752, and their transfers are now virtually instant.

And if you use this link to register with them you will receive your 1st £500 transfer free thus beating all other available exchange  rates:

transferwise.com/u/terencep15

Aside from using Transferwise to send lower cost money transfers, another tip is to bring 50 pound notes over 20 pound notes if at all possible as you get a slightly better rate. Also the Super Rich booths do not accept any notes less than good condition including any with pen writing on them.

39 minutes ago, NightSky said:

Aside from using Transferwise to send lower cost money transfers, another tip is to bring 50 pound notes over 20 pound notes if at all possible as you get a slightly better rate. Also the Super Rich booths do not accept any notes less than good condition including any with pen writing on them.

Yes  £50 notes get the best rate.

3 hours ago, SunsetT said:

I would be uneasy leaving an exchange in BKK with a large amount of cash in my pocket

This. 

Then this

3 hours ago, SunsetT said:

transferwise.com/u/terencep15

Leaving a referral code in your helpful post is so very douchey.

So very. 

5 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

Why exactly, and what is a

Leaving a referral code in your helpful post is so very douchey

So very. 

More so your comment as the 20 people who have used it to sign up and benefit from it dont seem to think so......????.

5 hours ago, theoldgit said:

You can check the live rates of the different companies here https://daytodaydata.net/

Depending on how much you're changing it might be worth travelling.

Superrich, SIA and Vasu are so close you have to do the math.

100 to 150 Baht more for 1000 Pounds in big notes.

Will hardly pay travel cost on this amount.

If you arrive at Suvarnabhumi airport it is worth considering the changers at the rail-link entry (as described above).

"Also the Super Rich booths do not accept any notes less than good condition including any with pen writing on them."

Good point.

Many booths can be a bit fussy about this.

Any marked notes are best changed before you come... also very old/dirty notes can be refused.

On 11/12/2019 at 1:11 AM, NightSky said:

The green one is usually the best.

12 hours ago, Beechboy said:

"Also the Super Rich booths do not accept any notes less than good condition including any with pen writing on them."

Good point.

Many booths can be a bit fussy about this.

Any marked notes are best changed before you come... also very old/dirty notes can be refused.

Yet they would offer you old/dirty Thai banknotes. I've never understood that. Foreign notes dirty = bad. Thai notes dirty = okay.

8 minutes ago, bangkokequity said:

It is a pity you need to wait ... looks like Sterling is worth less every day .... thanks to Brilliant Brexit!  555!

Not quite so. The rate is treading water. Friday the 13th (gulp!) of December is a key date when the UK gets the results of the previous day's general election.

Last year I changed some £ notes to Bt at Krungtai bank.The X-rate was ok , slightly worse than the TT rate but I had to wait 20 mins to be served , then it took another 15 mins to complete.About half the notes were rejected for even small blemishes and all the notes which were ok were photocopied and I had to sign each copy !

What a palaver , will try to find a Superrich , if there is one , in Udon.

On 11/12/2019 at 6:22 AM, NightSky said:

I had a number of £20 notes refused at Super Rich so I bring the plastic £10 notes now. I didn't know £50 notes earned a better exchange rate - thanks.

Archived