Finance proposes ministry's deputy secretary as next THAI boss

webfact

Finance proposes ministry's deputy secretary as next THAI boss

By THE NATION

800_d3de9b2cba3babf.jpg?v=1573475167

Deputy Transport Minister Thaworn Senneam, left

Deputy Transport Minister Thaworn Senneam said yesterday (November 11) that the Finance Ministry would propose the ministry's Deputy Permanent Secretary Chakkrit Parapuntakul as the next board chairman of Thai Airways International (THAI).

The ministry is the largest shareholder of the state carrier. 

The nomination follows the resignation of Ekniti Nitithanprapas from the post early this month. The company’s vice chairman, Air Chief Marshal Chaiyapruk Didyasarin, has since assumed the duties of the chairman.

He added that the three key qualifications for the next THAI chairman were marketing flair, technology knowledge, and transparency.

In addition to the finance ministry's approval, the appointment also requires approvals from the Transport Ministry and the company's shareholders. meeting.

Meanwhile, THAI has selected Ban Huai Wai stainless steel handicraft (coffee sets, spoons, and forks) from Kanchanaburi Province as its latest on-flight promotion items under the Thaworn policy to sell "One Tambon One Product (OTOP)" goods on THAI flights. 

Ban Huai Wai stainless steel products have earned a three-star OTOP rating as creative and high quality iems in traditional Thai style, yet with a touch of modern designs.

Since 2016, a total of 1,107 OTOP products from 203 manufacturers have been sold on THAI flights, generating a total of Bt273 million in revenue.

TG220-Deputy%20Transport%20Minister%20Vi

Ban Huai Wai stainless steel handicraft

TG220-Deputy%20Transport%20Minister%20Vi

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30378251

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-11-12

Okk, and this is why THai is in the crapper because of political appointees instead of an aviation and marketing expert in running an airline and a huge operation such is Thai, and as long as the nominate the wrong people for the job that's how long Thai will still be in the crapper...

1 hour ago, doremifasol said:

........a total of 1,107 OTOP products . have been sold on THAI flights, generating a total of Bt 273 million in revenue.....

That's great!

One OTOP product costs only 272.000 THB.  I must get one for myself. 

Bog Of? go the whole  hog and treat a  friend too

I'm pleased that Thai will maintain the standard of installing someone into the presidency position of the airline that has zero knowledge of the industry.

A clever strategy that ensures Thai will always be in the red.....will always rely on taxpayer funds and will ensure that the airline will continue to be downgraded.....safety standards will be the next to take a hit!

As a kid, I built and flew balsa wood model aircraft (the ones tethered to a string, not radio controlled). And I flew some kites. Now I have a digital smart phone, oh, and a desktop computer.

I've also sold a few things.

I feel very qualified and I'd like to apply but as a white guy, I don't think I could get a work permit.

They know Thai Airlines is in dire circumstances,so they appoint

someone who knows how to run an airline ,about the 

same as me ,which is sod all.

A Foreigner who has experience in running an airline,especially

someone who has been able to turn an airline around,he won't

come cheap, and won't be popular when he has to cut all the

hangers on and their perks,this will never happen as would be

a massive loss of face,so it looks like the future of Thai Airlines

is not good,as nothing is going to change.

regards worgeordie

4 hours ago, webfact said:

generating a total of Bt273 million in revenue.

Clarity needed here. Do they mean Bt273 million in gross sales? If so, the key is what the "net" was from that. Maybe the all in cost was 272,999.

What country are the suppliers in? Yeah, I thought so.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

the three key qualifications for the next THAI chairman were marketing flair, technology knowledge, and transparency.

but this guy is number 2 in Transport which is responsible for road deaths; curtailing black exhausts!  A worthy successor to this car crash of a company!

come on guys you should all know that  thais know more about everything even when they have no experience what so ever, just ask them. Far too arrogant to actually appoint a foreigner that would solve all their problems and get the airline back on track,

Well, this will keep me off the airline for the coming future.

Until those clowns understand that it requires professionalism in aviation of the finest order, until then Thai is doomed. 
Also not quite understood is the fact, that Thai is an airline and not a flying handicraft boutique with stuff of questionable taste. 

Then again, I do not own any shares in Thai Airways and also prefer to fly with real professionals. The old saying "the bottle neck is on top of the bottle" remains valid until further notice. 

Having said all this, the transport ministry's deputy permanent secretary, Mr Chakkrit Parapuntakul, might reconsider his candidacy as his job in the ministry might be considerably safer than the country's jumping board of incompetent bottle neckers - just saying! 

We will see, the sun goes up every morning again ???? 

Hog Wash. That's exactly what Thai Airways doesn't need is another oblivious restrained puppet. If that is the case why don't they just nominate the Thai MP who spent several years in Australia behind bars for something he didn't do! Couldn't hurt.

In another thought, have they ever thought of cutting the Thai lounge privileges for family, the Elite, big wigs in of power or all the connected people? If I want to visit the lounge I need to purchase a business class ticket or upgrade by rolling my points to my eco ticket to get in. I actually do several times a year but I earn it or pay for it.

15 hours ago, seajae said:

come on guys you should all know that  thais know more about everything even when they have no experience what so ever, just ask them. Far too arrogant to actually appoint a foreigner that would solve all their problems and get the airline back on track,

The company I part own and work with has similar problems.

Thai arrogance is one of the main reasons Thai Airways and the economy is in the toilet. Think they know better than people with real and proven experience.

Thailand has been one of the main benefactors of globalisation, with billions upon billions of foreign investment pumping in for decades. 

Think they can do it themselves? My advice? Let them.

Archived