Democrats release new batch of testimony from Trump impeachment inquiry

webfact

5 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Im stunned at how weak the democrats case is...just a whole bunch of Chinese whispers.

I heard this....from so and so...who heard it in the corridor. My office has more trustworthy gossip.

Yes. It’s now become a double nothing burger. 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Sujo said:

Its laughable how some say there is no direct evidence so its a nothing burger. Afterb1/day and 9 witnesses to go. Plus the guy that heard trump tell sondland.

but these same guys are convinced of bidens guilt based on, nothing.

Yes, it is all beginning to seem rather partisan isn't it?

6 hours ago, ballpoint said:

Trump's supporters are getting increasingly agitated and frantic for such a big nothing burger.

LOL This all stops the moment it goes to the senate. I hope they come up with every shred of dirt they have on Trump. Then it can all get resolved in one fell swoop in the senate. At that point we can look forward to an election.

The soooner this mob family is locked up the better. All of them, Trump junior is no better. Donald Trump Jr. writes about Trump family 'sacrifices' during trip to Arlington National Cemetery in his book where he reflected on his family’s sacrifices since his father took office.Then-President-elect Trump and the first family were at the cemetery the day before Trump’s inauguration in January of 2017. Trump laid a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, where unidentified soldiers from World War I, World War II and the Korean War are buried in crypts.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/469638-donald-trump-jr-writes-about-trump-family-sacrifices-during

“I rarely get emotional, if ever,” Trump Jr. wrote in his new book, “Triggered: How the Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us.” “Yet, as we drove past the rows of white grave markers, in the gravity of the moment, I had a deep sense of the importance of the presidency and a love of our country."

“Frankly, it was a big sacrifice, costing us millions and millions of dollars annually, a huge book of business that I had personally built,” he continues.

Trump said he considered all of the sacrifices the Trump family made in order for Trump to serve in office as an Army Band bugler played “Taps” in front of the tomb.

*Edited for Fair Use Policy*

8 hours ago, Sujo said:

Try reading rules of evidence. There are exceptions when hearsay is allowed. Then get back to me.

The evidence from yesterday was not hearsay, they testified what was told to them. That is direct. What sondland told them to do is direct evidence as that was what he told them.

So after all that you don’t have a single example. I assumed that’s where we were going.

1 hour ago, Sujo said:

I have hundreds of examples when i was prosecuting. Do your own homework.

Yes, that’s often the problem anytime an example is asked for, there are just too many to list. 

Why not just provide one example of hearsay you were allowed to enter into evidence as a prosecutor? 

1 minute ago, RideJocky said:

Yes, that’s often the problem anytime an example is asked for, there are just too many to list. 

Why not just provide one example of hearsay you were allowed to enter into evidence as a prosecutor? 

The dying statement of a witness is allowed under hearsay exception.

i note you just refuse to believe facts. There are over 20 exceptions tp the rule. Those are the facts. That you dont believe it is an issue for you.

10 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

The soooner this mob family is locked up the better. All of them, Trump junior is no better. Donald Trump Jr. writes about Trump family 'sacrifices' during trip to Arlington National Cemetery in his book where he reflected on his family’s sacrifices since his father took office.Then-President-elect Trump and the first family were at the cemetery the day before Trump’s inauguration in January of 2017. Trump laid a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, where unidentified soldiers from World War I, World War II and the Korean War are buried in crypts.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/469638-donald-trump-jr-writes-about-trump-family-sacrifices-during

“I rarely get emotional, if ever,” Trump Jr. wrote in his new book, “Triggered: How the Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us.” “Yet, as we drove past the rows of white grave markers, in the gravity of the moment, I had a deep sense of the importance of the presidency and a love of our country."

“Frankly, it was a big sacrifice, costing us millions and millions of dollars annually, a huge book of business that I had personally built,” he continues.

Trump said he considered all of the sacrifices the Trump family made in order for Trump to serve in office as an Army Band bugler played “Taps” in front of the tomb.

*Edited for Fair Use Policy*

In all fairness: he may be a terrible human being, but being that...and very dumb...does not qualify for jailtime!

On the other hand, I am absolutely sure, there are other things, you could get him for.

Just give it time!

I hear none of the 'witnesses' so far have even met Trump, none on the phone calls and now Taylor say's one of his staff 'overheard' a phone call?  that's all they got?

I'm looking forward to when it gets to the senate and hope they call Biden (Hunter and Joe), Schiff, Pellosi and the rest as witnesses. That will be so much fun.

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

I hear none of the 'witnesses' so far have even met Trump, none on the phone calls and now Taylor say's one of his staff 'overheard' a phone call?  that's all they got?

I'm looking forward to when it gets to the senate and hope they call Biden (Hunter and Joe), Schiff, Pellosi and the rest as witnesses. That will be so much fun.

If you think, that "that's all they got", you obviously haven't been paying attention or are not capable of remembering things for longer than a day!

47 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

They're trying to connect Marie Yovanowitch's sacking/recalling to the fact that something shady was going on.

The president has absolute hire and fire powers over such people....he has every right to fire her.

The fact she was fired makes anything she says suspect anyway. 

53 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

The fact she was fired makes anything she says suspect anyway. 

She was not fired.   She is still a full-time employee of the Department of State.   She is assigned to a fellowship at Georgetown University.   

On 11/15/2019 at 1:57 PM, Credo said:

She was not fired.   She is still a full-time employee of the Department of State.   She is assigned to a fellowship at Georgetown University.   

To be more clear she was fired from her previous position. You knew what he meant. She is bitter over losing her position so anything she says is indeed suspect.

4 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

To be more clear she was fired from her previous position. You knew what he meant. She is bitter over losing her position so anything she says is indeed suspect.

and so it goes on and on - never ending spin from trump and his supporters. To date it has been very clear the Ambassador was removed from her post due to not supporting trump's attempts to use his position for personal political gain and conspiracy theories. Thankfully there are US nationals who stand up to trump's abuse of power, misinformation and outright lies.

7 minutes ago, simple1 said:

and so it goes on and on - never ending spin from trump and his supporters. To date it has been very clear the Ambassador was removed from her post due to not supporting trump's attempts to use his position for personal political gain and conspiracy theories. Thankfully there are US nationals who stand up to trump's abuse of power, misinformation and outright lies.

No spin. Simple fact.... the impeachment will fall apart and Trump WILL be re-elected. Folks will have to start getting used to that fact because it IS indeed a fact.

13 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

No spin. Simple fact.... the impeachment will fall apart and Trump WILL be re-elected. Folks will have to start getting used to that fact because it IS indeed a fact.

We will see how the election results unfold to see how your 'fact' eventuates. One matter for sure, should trump not be reelected, we will see his destructive and awfulness in full display. 

1 hour ago, HuskerDo said:

The hard right demonstrating their ongoing problem with what constitutes a fact.

3 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

The fact that Trump fired her makes him suspect.

Can't wait to see how Jennifer Williams is denirgated after ger testimony. As an aide to vp pence, she was on the July 25 call.

The White House should simply release the full and complete transcript of the July 25 call as we are told that it "was a perfect call", so we assume it will make the president look completely innocent.

Not releasing the transcript makes it look like they are hiding something.

Sondland, and perhaps a few others (Rudy, Lev/Igor, Pence, Perry), may well be the final nail.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Unclassified09.2019.pdf

call.jpg

Archived