BANGKOK
Cheesekraft

Burning Season 2019

The AQI has been registering over 150 over the last few days, it looks like we are in for a much longer and worse burning season this year, if this is any indication. The 2018 thread seems outdated as well.

• Like 2

It's been registering for the last few months and even before it wasn't near anything acceptable.

Don't you guys go back to your own countries from time to time and just notice the difference how much better you breathe?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

wonder where my poster friend has his head? 

Roosterhawaii.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

Shame the air quality in the rest if the Chiang Rai province is unhealthy for 7 to 8 months a year. Could be so beautiful. I sadly left Chiang Rai because of the pollution.

unfortunately i have to agree with you! we would like to move as well,

but personal commitment do not allow it right now. since a few weeks

our air purifiers are in use, even the burning season hasn't started yet ... 

Personally, I only find it unpleasant for maybe three months a year and each year is different.  Last year was pretty bad, I must admit.  We are very healthy, pretty flexible and adapt to our environment, doing different things and different times of the year.  We have no desire to leave the area and we are very happy here most of the year.  We went hiking this last weekend with friends and while it was foggy with a lot of low cloud cover, the temperature was in the low teens and the air moist and fresh.  When the mist cleared on occasion there was still pretty good visibility.

Phu Chi Dao - 2.jpeg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, canopy said:

It would be interesting if you could bring an air quality meter up there the next time to compare it with lower elevations. 

Took my meter up to 1500m in early March last year.  pm2.5 reading about 50.  That's AQI of 137.  

• Thanks 1