Election gift for PM Johnson: Brexit Party stands down in Conservative seats

webfact

2 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

Politics aside, why is the man just so damned unlikable? Even seeing a photo of him gives me the creeps.

Strangely enough I get the same feelings as you with the likes of Grieve, Boles, Soubry, McDonnell, Abbott, Burgon, Letwin, Cooper, Swinson, Sturgeon and Blackford, oops nearly forgot the lovely Gina Miller, and last but not least Layla Moran. 

My list is in no particular order of creepiness.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The voters have confirmed that in every Parliamentary Election he has stood in.

Maybe you believe somebody other than the electorate get to choose who gets to the HoC.

There's a report on Russian influence just waiting to be published which has been delayed until after the election. We wouldn't want the truth to emerge before, would we? And he has said publicly that he wants to go to america, having little interest in the UK.

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

How is this democracy now in the UK?  It's all fiddled and done in sneaky underhand ways, and that is on top of the first past the post thing.  I have given up on the UK and am embarrassed to say I come from there now.  

Says the man living in Thailand.

Its not fiddled, its called people making decisions that forward their ideals.

The best thing, in my opinion, is for the Tories to get a working majority. End of.

This country needs to start being governed and the liberal elite chattering class put back in their box.

Social and economic decisions need to be made. The time for luvey naval gazing is over.

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

Strangely enough I get the same feelings as you with the likes of Grieve, Boles, Soubry, McDonnell, Abbott, Burgon, Letwin, Cooper, Swinson, Sturgeon and Blackford, oops nearly forgot the lovely Gina Miller, and last but not least Layla Moran. 

My list is in no particular order of creepiness.

Grieve is a menace. Letwin is genuinely well meaning and i bare him no ill will.

I loathe the SNP. Something for nothing facists.

There only contribution is bitterness. Meanwhile, the Scottish economy and services are mismanaged.

The Scottish parliament was a huge overspend and the last i heard the new internal rail link in Edinburgh was heading the same way.

Looks like their former leader maybe about to get his cuppance.

Professional stirrers, agitators and promise everything deliver nothing and then blame everybody else.

3 hours ago, cleopatra2 said:

In the places that Brexit party is still standing . Will the Brexit party be campaigning for or against the Conservative WA 

They will be campaigning against the Labour and Lib "Dem" lack of withdrawal anything. 

2 hours ago, vogie said:

Whatever the differences between leavers and remainers, we all have to admit what total self sacrifice of Nigel Farage to put his country before his party, it is just a pity that remainer MPs havn't done the same and we would have left the EU a long time ago. A truly remarkable selfless individual, truly worthy of a peerage.

Remind me, is he still taking cash from the EU?

51 minutes ago, mrfill said:

There's a report on Russian influence just waiting to be published which has been delayed until after the election. We wouldn't want the truth to emerge before, would we? And he has said publicly that he wants to go to america, having little interest in the UK.

The Weasel (Grieve-Author of the report-Laughably standing as an independent but likely to be routed by his constituents) explained on talkradio this morning that the report cannot be published until a new Govt is formed including the appropriate committee in that new Parliament. He said the process could take up to 6 months.

The Weasel refused to be drawn on the content of the report which, given his behaviour in the last Parliament, suggests it cannot be that bad or he'd be warbling like a BGT finalist.

12 minutes ago, evadgib said:

The Weasel (Grieve-Author of the report-Laughably standing as an independent but likely to be routed by his constituents) explained on talkradio this morning that the report cannot be published until a new Govt is formed including the appropriate committee in that new Parliament. He said the process could take up to 6 months.

The Weasel refused to be drawn on the content of the report which, given his behaviour in the last Parliament, suggests it cannot be that bad or he'd be warbling like a BGT finalist.

As he warned would happen at the beginning of the month, before Johnson deliberately quashed it.  BJ running scared.

49 minutes ago, WillyPlatt said:

Grieve is a menace. Letwin is genuinely well meaning and i bare him no ill will.

I loathe the SNP. Something for nothing facists.

There only contribution is bitterness. Meanwhile, the Scottish economy and services are mismanaged.

The Scottish parliament was a huge overspend and the last i heard the new internal rail link in Edinburgh was heading the same way.

Looks like their former leader maybe about to get his cuppance.

Professional stirrers, agitators and promise everything deliver nothing and then blame everybody else.

Holyrood as built under a Labour government, as was the Edinburgh tram scheme. The rest is unsubstantiated, baseless bilge. But don't worry, we will be leaving you to your brave new brexit future very soon. 

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

Holyrood as built under a Labour government, as was the Edinburgh tram scheme. The rest is unsubstantiated, baseless bilge. But don't worry, we will be leaving you to your brave new brexit future very soon. 

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/construction-industry-experts-delivered-a-damning-verdict-on-the-scottish-parliament-building-five-years-after-the-official-opening-1-1230164

May have been Scottish labour behind it but did the SNP not want their own parliament? You think they would have done any better with their history of financial management?

£40 million cost became £400 million for an unnecessary talking shop for jocks.

Sturgeon hasn't been to vocal in her support for her former boss, has she?

The forgotten man, so sad.

4 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

How is this democracy now in the UK?  It's all fiddled and done in sneaky underhand ways, and that is on top of the first past the post thing.  I have given up on the UK and am embarrassed to say I come from there now.  

Putins vote sabotage, and not forgetting pressure from Trump. 

Democracy ah , those were the days .

What brexit , dream on ..

22 minutes ago, WillyPlatt said:

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/construction-industry-experts-delivered-a-damning-verdict-on-the-scottish-parliament-building-five-years-after-the-official-opening-1-1230164

May have been Scottish labour behind it but did the SNP not want their own parliament? You think they would have done any better with their history of financial management?

£40 million cost became £400 million for an unnecessary talking shop for jocks.

Sturgeon hasn't been to vocal in her support for her former boss, has she?

The forgotten man, so sad.

The decision to build Holyrood was taken in 1997 following the UK general election which returned a sum total of 6 SNP MPs. Try again, and this time try harder.

15 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

The decision to build Holyrood was taken in 1997 following the UK general election which returned a sum total of 6 SNP MPs. Try again, and this time try harder.

I don't need to try harder, i am pointing out that nationalism/independence whether via a well meaning labour party or the SNP leads to this total waste of money.

Do you want me to start documenting the mismanagement of the SNP today not 1997?

35 minutes ago, WillyPlatt said:

I don't need to try harder, i am pointing out that nationalism/independence whether via a well meaning labour party or the SNP leads to this total waste of money.

Do you want me to start documenting the mismanagement of the SNP today not 1997?

Badly managed building projects lead to a waste of money - that is what you are struggling to point out. If you think that devolution is a waste of money, that is a valid opinion but a totally different argument. 

But tell me about this SNP mismanagement, please do, although for the sanity of the rest of the contributors to this thread, can I suggest that you maybe expound on one of the Scottish threads currently running in World News?

14 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Badly managed building projects lead to a waste of money - that is what you are struggling to point out. If you think that devolution is a waste of money, that is a valid opinion but a totally different argument. 

But tell me about this SNP mismanagement, please do, although for the sanity of the rest of the contributors to this thread, can I suggest that you maybe expound on one of the Scottish threads currently running in World News?

Salmond's court hearing won't do SNP any favours.

10 hours ago, Jip99 said:

5 - 10m votes are not to be sniffed at.

Actual figures , would be appreciated .  

5- 10 m ,  not really accurate ..  Nothing new ...

1 hour ago, elliss said:

Actual figures , would be appreciated .  

5- 10 m ,  not really accurate ..  Nothing new ...

Why is not accurate ?

Negative comment, nothing to support it......still nothing new.

Archived